Disney MGM Indy Stunt Show gear

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Cabinetman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Disney MGM Indy Stunt Show gear

Post by Cabinetman »

Having seen it twice, but before finding this site, my wife and I were wondering how accurate the Disney show has tried to be with its gear. Surely this is the place to find out.
JPdesign
Vendor

Post by JPdesign »

It isn't. I worked at Disney as an intern for 8 months last year. I saw the stunt show so often I could tell the differance in the indy and marion actors just by the way they came onto the stage. The gear is pretty far off.
Cooler King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cooler King »

I was just there in Feb, and I'll admit it's not what you may expect, even when I met the actors his raction, "Woah, you're gear's a lot better than mine!" hehe, but hey, remmeber, this stuff has to be done with saftey in mind, they're not just standing around infront of a mirror dreaming like we do, they're really doing stunts. Here's a picture I took at the stunt show:

They're all very nice people, if you havn't been, I highly recommend going! You won't regret it. :D
Blue Coyote
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Blue Coyote »

mein Gott thats cool :)
here i live in florida... and only been to disney twice... last time i was there i think i was 12.... :?
Cabinetman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cabinetman »

Let it be known, we're hooked on the mouse in this house. Going again in September. No surprise that nice people were encountered. It's just magical. Wish I got some kind of commission every time I told somebody that. But that wouldn't be in the true Disney spirit. Or would it? Much as we love it, they certainly make no apology for the prices. But I digress...

Yes great show.
Cabinetman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cabinetman »

Go again, Blue. Yes. Do go again!
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

but hey, remmeber, this stuff has to be done with saftey in mind, they're not just standing around infront of a mirror dreaming like we do,
To just clearify... I actually live in my gear. I've also done some amazing stuff while wearing my gear, too.

I also don't just stand in front of the mirror: I pose and strut.
Cooler King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cooler King »

Renderking Fisk wrote:
but hey, remmeber, this stuff has to be done with saftey in mind, they're not just standing around infront of a mirror dreaming like we do,
To just clearify... I actually live in my gear. I've also done some amazing stuff while wearing my gear, too.

I also don't just stand in front of the mirror: I pose and strut.
Oh ya? Well do you quote lines infront of a mirror with your gear on? Do you Disco with your gear on? Do you listen to classical Polka CDs while wearing your gear?! I think not...
Blue Coyote
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Blue Coyote »

Cabinetman wrote:Go again, Blue. Yes. Do go again!
lol i wish i could! i'm trying to save my dollars to get some gear right now lol but if anyone wants to uhm... sponsor my trip .. well heh i'll be more than happy to back! :wink:
CEEJAY928
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by CEEJAY928 »

heheheh :lol:
while wearing my gear....
quote lines..... yes
dance around..... yes
listen to classical polka..... you got me there.

but my favorite thing to do is....

taking a nap outdoors somewear..... on the grass or something,
with my gear on, and my fedora covering my face.

CJ
Indiana Cojones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Cojones »

Renderking Fisk wrote:To just clearify... I actually live in my gear. I've also done some amazing stuff while wearing my gear, too.
What sort of amazing stuff? I fell off the back of a car moving 30 miles an hour once (I was hanging on to the back.. sort of a long story), but, sadly, I didn't have my gear on. Actually, it's probably best I didn't. I just rolled so it didn't hurt (it was on dirt), but I don't think I could do it again at my age. Not sure if my gear would be up to it either. :)
brady
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by brady »

I went to MGM this past Wednesday and the first thing I went to was the Indy stunt show. I took a few pictures, but about halfway through the card in the camera crapped out and was telling us to reformat it. Hopefully once I get back up to school I'll be able to salvage the pictures that I was able to take. I'll post them if I can get them.
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Hey there! Yea I was at the MGM studios as well in February and saw the stunt show, man, we probably passed one another and didn't even know it, lol.

Good show indeed!
Captain D
Blue Coyote
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Blue Coyote »

maybe if i moved to another state i would be able to see Disney World and MGM more often :wink:
arkstatler
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by arkstatler »

DrJones56 wrote:I was just there in Feb, and I'll admit it's not what you may expect, . . . They're all very nice people, if you havn't been, I highly recommend going! You won't regret it. :D
When I was there in November of 2000 it looked like this: Image
Maybe the jacket just faded that much since then. If I didn't know it was a leather jacket in your Feb picture I would think he was wearing a Carhart jacket.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Looks like a Disney fedora and definitely not an MKVI or VII. Poor guy!
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Just for giggles, I would REALLY like to know what gear they have on. (Pants? Shirt? etc.)
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

Here is my info from an older post. I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the Disney/Indy stuff. So I'm always glad to help anyone figure this stuff out.

Here's some pics! As you'll see, it's not the "proper" wardrobe.

However, knowing the behind-the-scenes aspect of the show, they couldn't afford to use the "real clothing." There's no way! They go through more clothes a day than you could ever imagine. So yes, generic is, indeed, the way to go for this show!!

I could have cropped that one picture of "Indy" walking, to show you close up of the shirt they use, but I think the chick with the clapboard is hot, so I thought I would share for all to see.

Also, take a look at the holster in the top left picture. It's god awful. You should see it in person. It just flaps open and shut. I don't think it can snap shut.

The fedora is your generic Disney fedora. Ha, ya blame 'em? They've got loads, and they go through 'em!

I've noticed different shirts. The one in the picture below has light buttons. I've seen some that have dark buttons and different features on the sleeves.

The pants are dark brown. Now I have footage of the show when it first opened, and the "Indy's" then used to wear the proper color.

Nope, I'm not even gonna talk about the jacket!

But all and all, it's such a fun show to watch, that you really don't even worry about the clothes! Just enjoy it!!!
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

Hey DrJones56, do you have anymore pictures from your trip?? They turned out nice and I'd like to put them in my archives....if that's okay with you. 8)
Cooler King
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Cooler King »

Jonesy wrote:Hey DrJones56, do you have anymore pictures from your trip?? They turned out nice and I'd like to put them in my archives....if that's okay with you. 8)
Sure, that'd be fine! Check back April 10th: www.theindyexperience.com they'll all be online, plus I'll send you some more. :D
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

JPdesign wrote:....I worked at Disney as an intern for 8 months last year.
Didja get a chance to meet the woman holding the clapboard?
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

IMHO I beleive that the holster is an old US military one. That was what my first indy holster. They used these during WWII mainly, then in korea, and maybe in vietnam.
Regards,
Indiana :P
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

That gear is la-lame.
Kentucky Blues
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Kentucky Blues »

Compared to the movie, I agree, the gear is off, but I'd say that the stuff isn't that bad for indygear. It'd probably be more affordable, which is good for me. I'm gonna have to go there sometime. Looks pretty cool
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

..You have got to expect it to be lame....Its probaly all disney indy gear
from their store.
:)
Regards
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

It's not gear from their store, except for the hats. The jackets are clearly not the jackets they sell in the stores, and we all know they don't sell pants and shirts.

They're just generic clothes that can be purchased cheaply!
arkstatler
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by arkstatler »

As an aside, has anyone else ever wondered why Disney MGM has an Indy Stunt Show Spectacular, when Indy is a Paramount Movies character? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show a lot more than I would have the Herbie the Love Bug Stunt Spectacular, but still wonder why they are advertising someone elses character.
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

Because of Lucas. Disney already had a relationship with Lucas doing Captain EO and Star Tours, so why not do Indy?!
JPdesign
Vendor

Post by JPdesign »

The George Lucas Connection. That would be acurate.

I did get to meet the girl with the clipboard, ony very shorlty. I went back stage of the stunt show a few times while I was there. Once was an offical wisitation to see how things were set up; lighting, pyro, mechanics of the set, that kind of thing since I am a theater production/lighting design major. Didn't get to meet to many of the actor's and actress's but got to meet a couple. Don't ask what her name is, I have no clue anymore. The best though was walking around on the set after it was closed(SHH, I wasn't really supposed to be there). I went a couple of time to just look around, get a closer look at some of the equipment. A one point I got to checkout one of the Idols. They are leased from Lucasfilm. Some of the Costume peices are made in Disneys Wardrobe department, some are bought. Disney does have one of the largest working wardrobe departments in the world. For the pants and shirts they probably just use whatever fabric they have on hand that is close to what they had before.
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

Yea, I used to walk around on that set when I was a little kid. I knew all of the actors and they used to let me play around.

I wish I knew to take pictures then. Some of the most fun I've ever had!