Adventurebilt Deluxe

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Whitehead
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Adventurebilt Deluxe

Post by Whitehead »

Hi all,

I've been a lurker here for a while and reading your discussions with great pleasure. First of all, compliments and heartfelt respect considering the way things are discussed in here and how people treat each other. I know a lot of other forums in which people hardly care or even offend each other. In here I've read nothing but respectful and friendly comments and reviews, which encouraged me to post myself.

Regarding my dealing with Marc: I have hardly met any person who is a dedicated, passionated and enthusiastic about his work as him. This wonderful tradition of hatmaking has almost died out, due to the high costs for both the hatter and the customer. Instead nothing but massproduced junk in order to be cost effective. And I'm not just talking hats here, but wardrobe in general. The cheaper the better. I own one of Marc's hats (ordered another one) and understand that some people consider his hats to be too expensive. But this is not just A hat. In MY opinion a hat that is completely handcrafted over several days or even weeks can hardly be too expensive at all. This is much more an attitude to life, a philosophy. To have a leather steering wheel for a car, one easily spends twice as much, without even questioning it. And to me there is no doubt, which of both lasts me longer. My ABD was first of all a hat, but soon became a standard item of my wardrobe and finally a friend / piece of myself that I don't want to miss again. I wanted to express my gratitude for that. Sorry for the long post, but I had to get this off my chest.

Bob
Drifter
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

also a happy customer.

Post by Drifter »

I have an AB from Steve on order for I think November of this year, but have received a Wested HH raiders jacket that fits perfectly. I love the thing. It fits in with my regular style and no one knows its an Indy jacket. I just get compliments about how original and great it looks.