When Jonesys Attack!

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

McFly
Scoundrel

When Jonesys Attack!

Post by McFly »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP82hrFjwH4

This happened yesterday in a park in Fullerton - I was actually making a movie with my friend Anna, when Jonesy and Schtick showed up to play with a new 9' Morgan that Schtick picked up. Then we started messing around... and you know... accidents do happen. :wink:

Shane
Shtick
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shtick »

Thanks. I still haven't gotten the blood off it. Now it wants more! :shock:
lingarn
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by lingarn »

:shock:

That's a pretty convincing fall. Nice, loud crack. I do wonder a bit about the Stephen Colbert part, but thanks for sharing the video.

:lol:
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

You keep me in bussiness.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

lingarn wrote:I do wonder a bit about the Stephen Colbert part, but thanks for sharing the video.
:lol: Thanks. The Colbert part bears no sigifnicance whatsoever, besides the fact that he's somebody that my cameragirl and I both really like. We happened to be talking about him when Jonesy struck!

Shane
Shtick
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shtick »

lingarn wrote:Nice, loud crack.
The park rangers thought so too. Between the Morgan, the pocket, and the Jalapeño Popper, we were making quite a bit of noise.
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

man, that crack sounds like we put it in!
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Yeah I know!! When I put it together I thought, "Wow... I hope people don't think that crack is fake! That sounds amazing!"

It's like the perfect whipcrack sound!

Shane
IndianaChris711
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaChris711 »

:shock: That is an amazing whip crack sound, get any closer to his face and would probably have been bleeding pretty badly. I don't think I could take a whip shot to the face like that. Proves that a whip can be a deadly weapon. Man now I have to get my hands on a Morgan now from this video. This is probably the last piece of gear that I need to order. I am not sure who to go with, but a Morgan sure sounds and looks tempting. :)

IndianaChris
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, that was perfect....Nice timing on that. :D
Shtick
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shtick »

The Morgan was the one Adam Winrich recently listed in the Bazaar. It's VERY well broken in, and cracks extremely easily and, obviously, loudly.

I was just out of camera range, and saw the whole thing from the side. The whip cracked about a foot over Shane's head.
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

Yes, it's a truly amazing whip, one of the best I've had the pleasure of cracking! A wonderful find there Psychque! :wink:

Yes, I was amazed how great the crack sounded! Really was perfect!