Baby size fedora

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Defrostmode
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Baby size fedora

Post by Defrostmode »

I know this is really strange (and has probably been asked SOMEWHERE... but I couldn't find it with search).

I was wondering if there was a place that offered baby size (or toddler, if not) fedoras, Preferably crushable, That looks like an Indy fedora?

I have done a (probably insufficient) search for this and was just curious... also along with that I have been looking for a pattern if there is such a thing available.

I would love to hear from any of you and have enjoyed reading around the site so far! Glad to finally be a member!
Risu
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Risu »

A pattern for a fedora? Or do you mean a jacket or something else? To my knowledge, all fedoras are made out of either 1 or 2 pieces of felt stretched over a block and trimmed, no pattern needed. Could be wrong though. I seem to recall some mention of children's hats and I know there's a way to get children's sized Indy jackets, but i don't remember where. For the hat it may be possible to get an XS wool hat and soak it several times. It may not shrink enough, but it certainly won't fit an adult.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with an Indy hat for an infant. Not because they wouldn't get any use out of it, but because they'd be pretty liable to teethe on it, so you could end up with some nasty stains on this toddler's hat. :junior: -IJ
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

You could always try stuffed animal shops - My daughter had a top hat from buildabear that fit her -- and she looked hilarious putting it on.
Defrostmode
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Defrostmode »

I should have been more clear... reading it again I wasn't at all.

I wanted to see if it was possible to purchase a baby or toddler fedora... I am already working on something, but was curious of anything purchasable. (stains are fine with me, since Indy's hat wasn't perfect) and it will mainly be used for pictures, so it won't be chewed on.
I have found cowboy hats, derbys, tophats, sombreros, ect for babies/toddlers... but not one fedora!

about pattern(s). I meant a small (baby/toddler) size pattern for the various pieces of the outfit..

[quote="nicktheguy"]You could always try stuffed animal shops - My daughter had a top hat from buildabear that fit her -- and she looked hilarious putting it on.[/quote]

Thats a good Idea! thank you!
I'm open to anything else also, people, considering I didn't even think of that!
WeeMadHamish
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by WeeMadHamish »

There are licensed Dorman Pacific Indy fedoras available in toddler's and childrens sizes, from 19 inches and up. Do a search on eBay for "indiana jones fedora child size". Thinking about picking one up for me wee one. ;)
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Here's one. My Daughter was only one and a half or something.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/ ... lla209.jpg

Regards, Dr. J

P.S. Got it at Disneyland
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

with the birth of my daughter, i was looking into making one out of one of my old hats. i was gonna take my 'close to dead' HJ and throw it under the tap and then iron it over a small cup or vase and then tack a ribbon on her after trimming and bashing. for a infant/toddler, it probably doesn't need a sweat or liner as the felt is quite soft against the skin anyways..........i'm still kicking this idea around........
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

So you're after somethinbg like Greg's hat? :wink:

Defrostmode
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Defrostmode »

yeah, I have never done this type of thing (making a hat in this fashion) before, but have began working on a practice hat... I also have another, less impressive, project going on to make a hat for a fedora for my youngest. right now she's just under a month old, but the hat isn't necessarily for RIGHT NOW.
ShanghaiJack
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ShanghaiJack »

IndianaJones wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't bother with an Indy hat for an infant. Not because they wouldn't get any use out of it, but because they'd be pretty liable to teethe on it, so you could end up with some nasty stains on this toddler's hat. :junior: -IJ
Hey, that's just natural distressing! Come to think of it, maybe I should give my hat to my kid and let him distress it for me. :lol:
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

I don't know if they still have them, but Walmart had brown kids cowboy hats for awhile. I took one, put a ribbon on it, steamed it, and trimmed the brim for my little boy. You can get a black grosgrain ribbon from Michaels.

Indynick
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Indynick »

Awww Thats To Cute. I have 2 little cousins who might like that kind of hat
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

You could contact JP Designs. He made a fedora for his little toddler and it was awfully cute.
Dr. Woolley
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Dr. Woolley »

I ordered my nephew a kids sized dorfman from Miller Hats. I don't know if they still have them though.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I know U. S. Wings are offering childrens Indy fedora's on their website now.

Regards! Michaelson
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

It's true - they are. I am sure this halloween we are going to see a lot of mini Indy on the streets!
Raider
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Raider »

Thanks guys, this will help to end my search, as well :)

:junior: Raider