Significant Shrinkage

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Significant Shrinkage

Post by Han Jones »

My AB has shrunk on me. I have a hat shape retainer but it never stays the size I need. What home remedy is there? I don't want to send it off.
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

Hat stretcher. Here's an example from Todd:
http://toddscostumes.com/indy/accessori ... etcher.htm

Or you could order your own personal hat block. I think Lamode will make you a block just like Fedora's raiders block. (if i'm not mistaken.)
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

it may not be the felt but the sweatband. The one from Todd's is a good one but I like the one from Petersbrothers better. here's the link
http://www.pbhats.com/HAT_ACCESSORIES/new_page_1.htm
both will do just fine. The plastic will last longer. The best thing to do if in fact it is the sweatband. Is wet just the sweatband, put in the hat retainer turn to your size and let sit for at least a whole full day. Let us know how it works out.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

Or you could order your own personal hat block. I think Lamode will make you a block just like Fedora's raiders block. (if i'm not mistaken.)

I have one and i don't use it unless i get my hat so soaked that my hair gets wet. It only happen ounce and having the hat block worked very well. I don't think you can get he's current raiders block, only his old one. It still cut down your need for a reblock and to keep your hat from having that nasty tapper.
Dr.Seuss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dr.Seuss »

I use a Delk/Lamode block, often. Just the thing to "tidy-up" the shape.

Sincerely,