JKS Pocketbull (Photos)

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Dr.Seuss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

JKS Pocketbull (Photos)

Post by Dr.Seuss »

No apologies; I am a whip novice. This is my first; but I could not have asked for more. (I now understand the visceral reaction prompted by a leather whip.)

Five foot, eight inches long. Four inches from butt to knot. Heavy, and obviously weighted. The butt end would easily make a stout club.

"Crackability," super easy. My wife is now grabbing the whip and cracking it in the house. Louder than a 22LR.

Kyle: Thank you! Everything you stated, and more!

Sincerely,
Captain Ron Solo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Captain Ron Solo »

Wow! I really like that. :tup: Who made it?

Ron
Dr.Seuss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dr.Seuss »

Kyle Shold, "The_Edge."

Sincerely,
Cracker
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Cracker »

Cool, those little Bulls are fun to crack :)
The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The_Edge »

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that you like your new whip. It's built to last. Enjoy!

—Kyle
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Beautiful!!! I love those little things... I'd love to get one, but the funding just isn't there. :lol:

Shane
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Cracker wrote:Cool, those little Bulls are fun to crack :)
Yes, they sure are! I have one of Kyle's pocket bullwhips from a few years back. It posed a challenge to me in that I was so used to cracking 8 footers. But I like challenges. 8)

I really started to enjoy my pocket bull after I read Tom Meadows' book and used his combat whip techniques with Kyle's whip. They are specific for a shorter whip like this and the applications opened up a whole new realm of enjoyment for me.

Thanks again, Kyle! :whip:
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

How much does one of those cost?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I've wanted one ever since Sergei put one in my hand at the first QM summit, but like McFly, I have never had the fundage at the time to purchase one for myself. :(

Regards! Michaelson
Dr.Seuss
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dr.Seuss »

The total cost was $135.00. Did I note that a replacement fall and a "bunch" of replacement cracker/poppers were included.

For my needs, this seemed the most sensible and useful. Every night I walk the dog in a large city park. I now carry this small beauty with me, and basically get to "crack the whip," for an hour an evening. It is unlikely I could do the same with a full sized whip. I have no whip experience, yet multiple/rapid cracks are quite easy.

I have heard several shouts, from across the park, about "guns," and "firecrackers." Oh, well. Of course, there is also something reassuring about just having it handy; coyotes and stray dogs.

Sincerely,