Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Drifter
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

The Best of both worlds Prt 1

Post by Drifter »

Hello Everyone.

Been 4 years since I posted on this forum. Last time, I was mainly interested in a fedora. I settled on a Federation. For a long time I was very happy with this purchase as the hat was very well made and looked the part. However it didn't look good on me. I ended up giving it to a friend of mine who thought it looked "neat." ironically, it looked better on him than me. I know many of you are pointing daggers in my direction for that since even at 120 dollars, its still a fair amount to just give away. I did however learn a valuable lesson from this experience. The lesson was of course; whats the point having something that looks the part but doesn't look good on you as well?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... =647250021

When it came to my interest in purchasing a leather jacket ( to which I have never done before) I eventually gravitated toward a Wested Raiders since outside this forum it is generally not well know a pattern or design. I really wanted something interesting and different. After much consideration I pulled the trigger. That was November 6th, 2007. The next night I was viewing this forum once again and immediately was reminded why I left in the first place. That being..its bloody addictive. I read many posts and learned quite a bit about the raiders leather jacket. I ended up emailing Gemma many times to change my order as I realized more of what I truly wanted. On the phone, the girl seems only interested in ending our conversation as quickly as possible but my emails were always replied to in a quick and professional manner. She really did try to please all of my requests.

Last Friday, I expected my jacket to arrive but it didn't. Canada Customs held the item longer than expected and my address was copied down wrong over the phone. After reading yet another bunch of posts, I made a sudden purchase that night. A Todd's Standard small. I'm 5 "3 1/2. Very small and after seeing Dre's post, realized the small might indeed fit me like a glove.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007, I received my Wested HH Raiders jacket. I was very pleased with the fit. Although the longer I observe it on me, I realize its not SA, It indeed is the appropriate fit and length on me for a day to day leather jacket. Wearing Jeans that are low rise, its about 3 inches from waist line. Wearing more fitted pants, its 6 inches from waist line. That being said, I get many compliments on the jacket. It looks great with everything I wear ( which was my main concern as I do not wear any other gear.)
At the same time, I'd like something SA as well. This is where Todds' Standard comes in.
I'm hoping to have images to compare as soon as Monday ( when it most likely will arrive.) My main thought process being, why not be able to have something that looks good on you and also a SA jacket to wear when the moment suits you.

At any rate, I'm hoping to make observations to the benifits of both and hopefully spark conversation accordingly. With all this talk of SA, perhaps a little discussion on what actually suits an individual might be appreciated and a good change of pace.

Someone has to tell me how to post pics on this site..I'm a little lost...

Till then Fellow Gearheads, its good to be back among you.

[/img]
whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

I think you have to alter your pics account - all I'm getting is a log-in page
Drifter
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

how?

Post by Drifter »

Actually, I'd really like to create a web page to post these pics and then from there, link them here...can anyone baby step me doing this?

How else can you post pics here? Whats the most simple straight forward method?

Love any advice available. :)
ydam
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by ydam »

ydam wrote:Looking forward to seeing the pics. I would love to help you post them but i usually use photobucket and not familure with facebook. However i know some of the guys here are and i am sure you will get some instructions from them soon. Till then...gratz on the jacket :D
Hmmm...maybe better for me to post here :P
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Since this is a duplicate post, I'll lock this one down so you can post in the other thread. :wink: