The perfect hybrid?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Jaredraptor
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

The perfect hybrid?

Post by Jaredraptor »

Just wonderin' what you guys think the perfect hybridization of the four film jackets would be. Here's my opinion:

*basic Raiders length specs ('80s fit)
*ToD pockets
*LC D-rings
*CS collar
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

the purist in me says no....do not mix design specs.

what i like to mix is say....a wested raiders jacket in novapelle cowhide.....so in my own twisted way it would be considered as a raiders cut jacket made from wested's LC patterns from a hide that was speced for CS. :wink:
djd
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by djd »

I don't think there's anything good about D rings or the CS collar. I'd go for the Raiders or Temple jacket any day...
Panama Tom Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Panama Tom Jr. »

D-rings didn't hold as well for me on lamb as the square sliders - if you go with a heavier leather it might be ok...
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

I don't know, I've always thought that most people are either a fan of one jacket or the other, there doesn't seem to be a lot of fans of all the models, but that may just be an inacurrate perception on my part. For instance I don't like much about the LC jacket at all. But that's not really what you're asking so, my list would be :

1) ToD Length
2) Raiders type leather, rect. buckles, pattern
3) LC snaps (if you must :) )

Doug C
Indiana Max
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Max »

D-Rings are horrible :lol:
I just agree with not mixing the styles =;
I stay with both, Raiders and LC
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

I think that the CS jacket will be even worse that the LC.
I hope I am wrong.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i like the LC jacket....but i'm in the same boat as you platon....i don't like what i see so far of the CS jacket.....but then, i've only seen the collar config that i don't like and the pockets that look uneven.....need to see more pics of her i guess....
Jaredraptor
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jaredraptor »

Well........bugger, no one actually answered me. Maybe I should've worded it differently.....if you HAD to get a hybrid, what would it be?

(in retrospect: yeah, the D-rings aren't a good choice. Maybe I shouldn't post things when I'm tired :wink: )

As for the CS collar......well, I like it. Which I guess is what matters to me.
Panama Tom Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Panama Tom Jr. »

If it’s any consolation, the way I make peace with my Wested is that I consider it a hybrid. I ordered it back in ’04 when I was still learning the nuances of the jacket and although I ordered a standard Raiders jacket, I didn’t specify things like no leather facings inside next to the zipper, “80’s slim fit,” position of the back seam, blah, blah, blah – so I ended up with what seems to be a hybrid of a Raiders/LC jacket – it has the smaller collar and lacks the snaps like a Raiders, but with the back seam lower and the way it drapes with the leather facings it actually hangs just like the LC jacket. To me, the real Raiders jacket always looked almost like a leather windbreaker, while the LC looks more like a suit jacket.
Since Raiders and LC are my two favorites of the trilogy I guess I should be happy.
I suppose if there are elements of the different jackets that appeal to you and you want to order something that incorporates those preferences, then go for it! You’re spending the money, not us, so get something that you will like and be excited to wear everyday (weather permitting...)
Jaredraptor
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jaredraptor »

Panama Tom Jr. wrote:I suppose if there are elements of the different jackets that appeal to you and you want to order something that incorporates those preferences, then go for it! You’re spending the money, not us, so get something that you will like and be excited to wear everyday (weather permitting...)
Heh, Good point.