Close Enoughs? Blank firing guns.

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Indiana Snipes
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Close Enoughs? Blank firing guns.

Post by Indiana Snipes »

What do you guys think? The first picture matches the color and almost the style of the .45 ACP Hand Ejector 2 from Raiders which is pictured here: http://www.indygear.com/gear/guns.shtml

First gun is a smaller caliber than the second and also has 8 shots where the second gun has five. The first gun is 7 inches long with a 2 inch barrel, I'm not sure what the measurements of the second gun is. Both of these are starter pistols

What was the length of the original Raiders gun?
Jaredraptor
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jaredraptor »

The original Raiders revolver had a 4 inch barrel. but for starter guns, those look great!
Indiana Snipes
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Snipes »

Jaredraptor wrote:The original Raiders revolver had a 4 inch barrel. but for starter guns, those look great!
What about the length of the whole gun? The first one is 7 inches long, so would the Raiders be about 9 inches?
Jaredraptor
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jaredraptor »

Indiana Snipes wrote:
Jaredraptor wrote:The original Raiders revolver had a 4 inch barrel. but for starter guns, those look great!
What about the length of the whole gun? The first one is 7 inches long, so would the Raiders be about 9 inches?
Something around there, yeah. I'm not possitive, so you should wait until someone who actually owns a S&W Hand Ejector shows up here.
Terryhimself
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Blank Guns

Post by Terryhimself »

I have had some experience with both of the blank guns shown. You would be much better off getting a resin copy of the S&W Hand Ejector.
Neither of these blank guns are of quality, both breaking easily. Also, they are far smaller then the real thing...Terry
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I agree with Terry.
KingNothing
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by KingNothing »

Yeah it's a good place holder I guess. But it looks to be a real small frame. Remember the HE is a N frame, the biggest they come in. (Mostly).

The length of the gun if you measure a line up from the end of the butt to match up with the barrel is a little over 9 inches I believe. (off memory).
Indiana Snipes
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: Blank Guns

Post by Indiana Snipes »

Terryhimself wrote:I have had some experience with both of the blank guns shown. You would be much better off getting a resin copy of the S&W Hand Ejector.
Neither of these blank guns are of quality, both breaking easily. Also, they are far smaller then the real thing...Terry
They break easy under what type of usage? How's the sound? I'm not looking for something to use all the time I'd just like something to fill my holster, that actually sounds like a gun when fired, and is inexpensive. So an Airsoft and resin kinda stifles that.

I did come across this rubber Raider's replica gun, I don't know if it's the same as resin or not but for $80 I would surely hope it has some quality to it. Anyone ever bought from this site before?

http://www.westernstageprops.com/miva/m ... y_Code=IJC
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I have bought whips, hard rubber stunt guns and blank guns from that site. The resin and hard rubber stuff is good for what it is. In other words it's made for distance looks. Up close the detail will be rougher than further away.
It's a decent price for an industry type replica.
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

Here's one of the nicer model guns out there...

http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/s&w_victory.htm

Even though the Victory is a smaller K-frame gun in the wrong (.38 ) caliber, it's definitively got the Indy look going...
Indiana Snipes
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Snipes »

Scandinavia Jones wrote:Here's one of the nicer model guns out there...

http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/s&w_victory.htm

Even though the Victory is a smaller K-frame gun in the wrong (.38 ) caliber, it's definitively got the Indy look going...
Yea, I've seen that one. Might as well buy a real gun for that price!
Terryhimself
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Blank Guns

Post by Terryhimself »

I am talking breaking before you ever fire a shot! The top picture appears to be the .22 cal model. They are normaly not working out of the box. The other model if memory serves is a .32 cal. The most we ever got to fire in those was about 25rds, before breaking
The revolvers involved are so not representive of the Indiana Jones Revolver due to size and basic appearence, that I can not imagine anyone using one for this purpose. Sorry. Keep looking......Terry