PLEASE HELP READY TO BUY ALDEN's

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

IndyTaz
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

PLEASE HELP READY TO BUY ALDEN's

Post by IndyTaz »

G'day folks,

Well I am ready to buy. I need a little help though. I normally take a size 10 in shoes in Australia. My foot measurements are 29cm from heel to toe with a width og 11.5cm.

I gather a US 11 will fit and it has been suggested a 11 EE might do the job? Or an 11 1/2 D previous to me giving them the measurments in cm's.

No cobbler here to properly measure my boots. Help folks? What's with the letters and should I go with the EE?

Thanks in advance:)

Regards
Christian
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Drop Jim Smith a line at :

aldensf@yahoo.com

and ask him the same question. I'm sure he'll be able to steer you right!

HIGH regards! Michaelson
IndyTaz
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndyTaz »

:D Thanks mate...I used the mail and recieved an answer already:)

Cheers
Christian
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Michaelson.

Since you are the knower of things, does Alden do custom work? I was thinking of doing a 405 in black...Ever heard of this?

Nick
ArizonaBones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by ArizonaBones »

I'm no Michaelson, but a quick check of eBay reveals brand new 405's in black currently, so it seems they are offered. I believe the pair is new BTW.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

Thanks for that info Arizona
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

...and the answer is 'yes', they do custom work, and as Arizona said, they can be had in black, but there's usually a wait as they don't usually keep them in stock and have to make them up. :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Johnson
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Johnson »

For custom orders, which Aldens do we contact, San Francisco, New York, or another one? Alden of Carmel already told me they don't do custom orders.
nicktheguy
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by nicktheguy »

I called Jim a the San Francisco store and he initially told me they did not take orders. When I told him I had heard they did he paused and told me that there would be an extremely long wait time. In my case (I wanted a 405 in black) it would be at least 6 months and about $600 to do so.

I checked out the ebay black Indy Aldens only to see that they are not Indys at all. They are the 307 (I think).

In my case I think my best bet is Magnoli for different colors.

The bottom line is Aldens will do them as long as you assure them you are cool with waiting and can pay the money required.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: PLEASE HELP READY TO BUY ALDEN's

Post by Erri »

IndyTaz wrote:G'day folks,

Well I am ready to buy. I need a little help though. I normally take a size 10 in shoes in Australia. My foot measurements are 29cm from heel to toe with a width og 11.5cm.

I gather a US 11 will fit and it has been suggested a 11 EE might do the job? Or an 11 1/2 D previous to me giving them the measurments in cm's.

No cobbler here to properly measure my boots. Help folks? What's with the letters and should I go with the EE?

Thanks in advance:)

Regards
Christian
Sounds like we have the same feet. Pm me for details about my shoes if you like :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

nicktheguy wrote:I called Jim a the San Francisco store and he initially told me they did not take orders. When I told him I had heard they did he paused and told me that there would be an extremely long wait time. In my case (I wanted a 405 in black) it would be at least 6 months and about $600 to do so.
The bottom line is Aldens will do them as long as you assure them you are cool with waiting and can pay the money required.
That is correct. We have had members order them custom directly from the Alden's factory, and that was just about the right wait time....6 months, plus the extra expense.

As I said, they DO custom orders....but I never said they LIKED to do custom orders. :wink:

Regards! Michaelson