Pecards Frustration.

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

ArizonaBones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Pecards Frustration.

Post by ArizonaBones »

Well, I found two products on their website that I need. Total: $6.25. Shipping? $6.35! Gimme a break! Someone TELL me there is a chain or something that carries this in a brick and mortar. I can't pay more in shipping than I do on a product, my heart can't take it. Any help?
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

I once got seriously lucky and found some at a Boot World, but sometimes you've just gotta bite the bullet if you want the good stuff, man.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Figure your buying $12.60 worth of some great conditioner that will last you a loooong time. That's cheap insurance, if you ask me.
'Blues
Cassidy
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Cassidy »

S'okay. I paid close to $30 for a can of Letaps from Wested in 1998. I'm still waiting. :(
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

each 4 oz tin of pecard that i bought was $5 and shipping was $11.10.

to go to the extremes, my todd's standard jacket was $149 as you all know....shipping was $70 (3 day service).....shipping is a necessary evil so you just have to accept it 8)
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Pecards Frustration.

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

ArizonaBones wrote:Well, I found two products on their website that I need. Total: $6.25. Shipping? $6.35! Gimme a break! Someone TELL me there is a chain or something that carries this in a brick and mortar. I can't pay more in shipping than I do on a product, my heart can't take it. Any help?
I suppose there's always Wilson's leather spray ;)
Michigan Smith
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Michigan Smith »

If you've got a Tandy leather shop near by, I think I saw Pecards there/
raider 57
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Pecards Frustration.

Post by raider 57 »

ArizonaBones wrote:Well, I found two products on their website that I need. Total: $6.25. Shipping? $6.35! Gimme a break! Someone TELL me there is a chain or something that carries this in a brick and mortar. I can't pay more in shipping than I do on a product, my heart can't take it. Any help?
That really bugs me too Arizona, but you really can't ship anything larger than an envelope these days for less than 5 bucks, even in the same state. You could probably buy TWO of your selected products and still pay $6.35? How about that? ----raider 57
FLATHEAD
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by FLATHEAD »

Well, I found two products on their website that I need. Total: $6.25. Shipping? $6.35! Gimme a break! Someone TELL me there is a chain or something that carries this in a brick and mortar. I can't pay more in shipping than I do on a product, my heart can't take it. Any help?
How much will it cost you in gas for the car going all over the place looking for
something as good as Pecards for your jacket?

It might be a tough nut to swallow, but when you think about what you
are getting for the money, delivered right to your doorstep, and you
don't even have to get out of your pajamas or take a shower to
place the order for it it, its actually worth every penny.

Flathead
ArizonaBones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by ArizonaBones »

I may try the Tandy Leather option. Google reveals there is one on the way to the seminary.
LeatherneckJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by LeatherneckJones »

Like was previously stated, think of it as $12 worth of insurance. I've had a small tub of Pecard for several years, and I regularly use it on my Aldens, my DM 10' bullwhip, as well as my gunbelt and holster. I still have a little less than half a tub! Not a bad bargain, really, and my gear is all still tip top shape!
JulianK
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JulianK »

Give them a call. You'll find them very accomodating! My first order to Canada was shipped via UPS and they dinged me $20 for 'services' on a $40 order! The next time I ordered from Pecards I talked to someone (I forget his name) and we worked something out to ship it much more economically for me!
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

Cassidy wrote:
S'okay. I paid close to $30 for a can of Letaps from Wested in 1998. I'm still waiting.
:(
Cassidy, I got some I sell for 10.00 , 3 bucks shipping,,(canada probably 5 bucks) :wink:

TR
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

...and TR delivers fast too!

HIGH regards! Michaelson