shamrock lighter

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

GoneSolo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GoneSolo »

I see he is still using those baggies. Nice touch. I should have my second lighter in a few days.
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

GoneSolo, I don't know if you have your lighter yet, because I don't necessarily know who's who. :) But when you get your lighter it comes with the cotton baggy, at least for the time being.

Since a Zippo with badges is thicker than a plain Zippo and the clover Zippo will not fit in its original plastic box. That's why I include the little bag that serves well enough for temporary protection. Finding those small baggies was a bit tricky. Nicer and more durable leather or fabric bags can be found at arts&crafts and hobby shops. I strongly recommend using the baggy should you decide to carry your lighter together with other items in the same pocket. Should you prefer the distressed look, well never mind! Once I run out of those bags I may not get them again. The smallest number available was a box with a few hundred and I doubt I'll commit to such an order again.

By the way, I do have the same kind of drawstring bag in a larger 4x6 inch size. If anybody wants those for I-don't-even-want-to-know-what-treasure, I'll gladly sell you one, just so that I can get rid of them and make some urgently needed space.

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
Last edited by Relic Raider on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

VP, thanks for showing the content of your whole kit and kaboodle. I'm sure some folks like to see what they can expect to get!

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

No problemo. Here's a bunch more that I shot when I received it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/I ... etti05.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/I ... etti06.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/I ... etti07.jpg

Note that the flint wasn't installed at the time of shooting the pics.
GoneSolo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GoneSolo »

I'll post pictures of my 1941 replica as soon as I find my camera. Thank you for the excellent work Raider!
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

VP wrote:Note that the flint wasn't installed at the time of shooting the pics.
Postal Regulations for Air Mail may require that the sparking mechanism of a cigarette lighter is disabled during transit, even if the lighter does not contain any fuel. Removing the flint and packaging it separately is the correct method.

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
PatriciaElaine
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by PatriciaElaine »

binkmeisterRick wrote:Only one problem, Michealson, his wallet's got Canadian money in it. We won't get much farther than Chuck E. Cheeze's with this... :wink:
He has shin plaster's in his wallet.