Thoughts, opinions, suggestions wanted for my next Wested!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Cloud Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions wanted for my next Wested!

Post by Cloud Jones »

As far as hides go it's between a HH or a Veg-tanned Lamb (leaning more toward the veg-tanned lamb). Anyone have any Pros or Cons to share about these two hides? I do like the distressed look, but I'm looking for natural distressing this time around (my first Wested was a pre-distressed cow) which is why I'm leaning towards the lamb. Durability is also a big issue for me though, which also makes me lean toward the HH a bit. Seems like the lambs only Con is that they can be a little on the fragile side (from what I've read here anyway).

As for the other options:
  • I will probably be going for the 80's cut this time around. I'm 6'2" and on the slender side. My pre-distressed cow is a little "baggy" around the mid section.

X-Box stitching.

Chose D-Rings on my last one, I was thinking about getting Sliders this time. Thoughts?

Style? My pre-distressed cow is a LC. If I get the 80's cut should I opt for a different jacket style? Would Raiders or ToD be a better choice for the 80's cut?

Scalloped pocket flaps.

Two inside pockets. At least one to be zippered, possibly both.

So, anyone have any suggestions to this build? All opinions are welcome and appreciated! 8)
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i've never tried a horse hide wested but the veg tanned lamb is plenty rugged if you don't mind the colour.

specs are all a matter of personal preferrence. i prefer movie accurate. if i order a raiders jacket, i send peter my "laundry list" of specs which is quite close to the agent 5 specs. when i ordered a TOD, i used the specs that were on the indygear site in the leather jacket section. i haven't ordered an LC jacket, but if i did, i think i'd just order it straight off the website with not much follow up with peter as the LC's that i've been seeing are kick-###!
moses
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by moses »

Does anyone know if the horsehide has changed colour recently? It's listed as authentic brown on the website, but I thought it was supposedly slightly darker than that and a little closer to dark brown. Has there been a change in the past couple of months??
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

Remember the pockets on the real LC are very particular. There's an extra large flap and a much shorter pocket. I have a Wested LC - it's great but if I were ordering again, I'd ask for the pocket change.

Cheers - CM