Raiders vs. ToD NH Shirts

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Raiders vs. ToD NH Shirts

Post by Gater »

I am considering another NH Indy shirt to add to my rotation. I currently only have the Raiders version, and as much as I like it, in some light it can look a little 'pinkish'. I'm not interested in dying it to screen correctness, but wonder how any of you feel about the colour etc. of the ToD shirt? How does it differ from the Raiders version? Colour, material, length, styling? Any comparisons anybody can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

That's a good question. I too would like to see a side-by-side comparison of NH shirts to see what the differences are. Just like we do with the jackets. I know buttons are one thing but what other changes were made?
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

I have both NH's ROTLA and ToD/LC shirts and the only difference I see is the buttons. Dark on the ToD/LC (like the LL Bean shirts), and the same color as the shirt on the ROTLA version. Otherwise, it's the same shirt as far as I can see.....
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

So Minnesota, the shirts themselves are both the same pinkish colour? Interesting. In the few pics I have seen (never a side-by-side, tho) the ToD looks like a lighter colour/shade. Would anyone have a side by side pic, in the same lighting?
schwammy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by schwammy »

My gosh, Minnesota, is there any gear you DON'T have? You say the buttons on the TOD shirt are dark, but dark what? Dark green? Dark brown? Do tell, por favor.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Check out the button placement. The Raiders button placement is slightly different at least from LC. I'm not sure about TOD but I think it is different as well. I was accidentally sent the wrong shirt from NH and only noticed it well after wearing it several times. Looks like I'll need the right one. :wink:
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

If you're after a ToD shirt then you definitely won't have to alter the color. The shirt you recieve from NH is dead-on with the color of Indy's shirt in ToD, (eg. Bedroom scene/Pankot palace.)
It's always been my belief that the Raiders shirt appears lighter than the Temple of Doom shirt.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Keep in mind that bright desert sunlight has a tendency to make anything look lighter. You can prove this easily enough if you ever take a trip out west and hike through the desert at mid-day. The sunlight reflecting off the ground is practically blinding, and all light-colored objects appear bleached white. It makes you glad you have a hat, because without one, your eyes can't focus very well. This may also be an indication as to why so many western heroes (Clint Eastwood) always squint. Not because it makes them look tough, but more like they have to because they can't help it! So I would simply chalk up the lightness of the Raiders shirt to the searing Tunisian sunlight.

-Dale
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Post by Minnesota Jones »

schwammy wrote:My gosh, Minnesota, is there any gear you DON'T have? You say the buttons on the TOD shirt are dark, but dark what? Dark green? Dark brown? Do tell, por favor.
:lol: Actually, yeah, there's stuff I don't have. But soon, very very soon.... :wink: I don't have an Ark. Seriously, no Wested or Expedition in ol' Minnesota's closet, yet. Now after the QM trip......

They're very similar to the LL Bean shirt's button's color. A dark tan that offsets nicely with the kaiki color of the shirt.
schwammy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by schwammy »

I still maintain that the shirt buttons in both Raiders and Temple of Doom were green.