Stone Washed Denim Indy?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

rhboyd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rhboyd »

torturous!!!!!!!!!

Sounds SO great... thanks for doing all that for us... for testing out the jacket.... ;)

-r!
Michigan Smith
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Michigan Smith »

Whats US Customs charge $$$ on this?
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Michigan Smith wrote:Whats US Customs charge $$$ on this?
I'm not sure how it breaks down. I didn't have to pay anything extra, though-- the customs fee was included with the postage.

Jack
Michigan Smith
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Michigan Smith »

It's been several years since I ordered my leather Wested. US Customs doesn't collect duty tax at delivery or by later billing anymore for incoming foreign merchandise?
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Michigan Smith wrote:It's been several years since I ordered my leather Wested. US Customs doesn't collect duty tax at delivery or by later billing anymore for incoming foreign merchandise?
My carrier told me he hasn't collected a customs fee in years.

Jack
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

If it helps any, I've ordered five Westeds so far, and NONE of them... NOT ONE... have recieved any duty fees.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I'll have to admit, I haven't had to pay a customs fee for several years either, but they did collect them at the door.

I believe when Peter changed his shipping service, that went the way of the dodo.

Bless you Peter. :notworthy:

Regard! Michaelson
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

PETER wrote:Re the stone washed indyjackets.
Most left yesterday. I was at a funeral of a relative so was not around and in our haste to dispatch never noticed till today that the jackets have chrome D rings when they were meant to have gunmetal sliders.
So, if anyone who got D rings wants to change to sliders let me know and I will send then to you. 2 minute job with pliers
Cheers
Peter
THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING SLIDERS

Here's an interesting development: I requested these extra sliders for my stonewashed denim Indy, and I received an envelope from Wested a few days ago, but there was only one slider in it!

Assuming Gemma or Peter sent me the correct number of Sliders, 3 of them must have made good their escape somewhere across the Atlantic through a small slit that I found on the side of the envelope.

As William Bendix used to say, "what a revoltin' development this is!"

I'm now trying to get through to Wested to see if they can furnish replacements for the escaped sliders. If anyone sees these fugitives, do not attempt to approach them yourself; they may be armed and dangerous.

Jack
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

This is turning out to have some intrest, I have the cotton version but don't wear all that much. This denim version look awsome.
I did a conversionand it looks like to sell for around 91. and change US, but whats the shipping charges like. What did all those who bought one pay total.
Thanks, Croft
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Indiana Croft wrote:This is turning out to have some intrest, I have the cotton version but don't wear all that much. This denim version look awsome.
I did a conversionand it looks like to sell for around 91. and change US, but whats the shipping charges like. What did all those who bought one pay total.
Thanks, Croft
I paid exactly $124.08. It varies because of the changing exchange rate.

Jack
Last edited by eazybox on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dengar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Dengar »

I was thinking about getting a cotton raiders jacket from Wested so I'm kinda dissappointed they've recently decided to make denim jackets instead. Is there any way I can still order a custom cotton raiders?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I believe they had some in clearance, and if you talk to them, they may be more than happy to make one in the same twill material for a custom order.

I am MORE than pleased with the denim, and it FINALLY got cool enough here to wear mine today, so don't sell them short. I own both versions, and like this one hands down over the lighter twill jacket.

Regards! Michaelson
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

Dengar wrote:I was thinking about getting a cotton raiders jacket from Wested so I'm kinda dissappointed they've recently decided to make denim jackets instead. Is there any way I can still order a custom cotton raiders?
Are you just looking for something lightweight? This is more of a light-weight denim jacket. It has the texture and feel of an overwashed pair of jeans (a really cottony feel). It's not as heavy as a Levis jacket (not even close)
Dengar
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Dengar »

Mr. Das wrote:
Dengar wrote:I was thinking about getting a cotton raiders jacket from Wested so I'm kinda dissappointed they've recently decided to make denim jackets instead. Is there any way I can still order a custom cotton raiders?
Are you just looking for something lightweight? This is more of a light-weight denim jacket. It has the texture and feel of an overwashed pair of jeans (a really cottony feel). It's not as heavy as a Levis jacket (not even close)
I just liked the look of the cotton jacket and thought it would be cool to have an alternative to my US Wings (for lighter weather). And I prefer not to get a denim Indy jacket.
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

wrote:
PETER wrote:Re the stone washed indyjackets.
Most left yesterday. I was at a funeral of a relative so was not around and in our haste to dispatch never noticed till today that the jackets have chrome D rings when they were meant to have gunmetal sliders.
So, if anyone who got D rings wants to change to sliders let me know and I will send then to you. 2 minute job with pliers
Cheers
Peter
I requsted these extra sliders, and a week later received an envelope with only one slider in it. Assuming this to be a mishap or an honest oversight, I contacted Gemma about it. After my second email, she responded and, although part of the message was unintelligible (what does "stuck them done good" mean, Gemma?) she promised to resend the correct number of sliders.

Today, I received another envelope from Wested-- once again, with only ONE slider in it! A relatively minor concern? Perhaps. But taken together with all the other Wested foulups that have been reported from other customers-- as well as my own past experiences with them-- it adds up to BIG concerns about the reliability of this company.

Folks... CAVEAT EMPTOR! (let the buyer beware). If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

I hope my experience and that of the many others on this forum who have complained about Wested's customer service will be sufficient warning to the rest of you.

They've finally succeeded in convincing me never to buy any more of their products.

Jack
riothamus
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by riothamus »

Howdy folks, after waiting several days for a response by e-mail from Wested and no luck, I figured I'd ask here.

Does the denim jacket come in long/tall sizes? If so, does it cost extra?

Is anyone who has the regular jacket 6'2" or thereabouts? How is the sleeve and body length?

Excelsior!

Riothamus
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Aeris_Canon wrote:I couldn't find any in this thread. Does anyone have a picture of this jacket actually being worn? How does it look on a person? That would be helpful.
Here you go AC the sleeves are a bit long for me but as you all know I'm at 5/6 scale.

Link :)
Last edited by Kt Templar on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Um, am I missing something, or are you invisible, Kt? :-s :wink:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

binkmeisterRick wrote:Um, am I missing something, or are you invisible, Kt? :-s :wink:
;) All the people you meet from time to time are just the figment of your imagination. :)
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Pardon my observation, KT, but your jacket looks it's one size too large on you. The shoulder seams are off the ends of your shoulders, and the cuffs WAY below your wrists. Are you sure you got the right size?

Mine fits me like it was custom made.

Just wondering. :-k

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

You got a small, right Kt? If so, people need to realize that the small my not be as big as it looks, rather, Kt shrunk in the wash. :wink:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

That is a small! :oops: I normally wear a 38-40 but custom length.

The sleeves are just too long the shoulders fit fine.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Well, AE and all, sorry for butting in then. I also appreciate KT posting the photos, but it just looks to large on him, and I stand by the observation.

Mine jacket HAS the rectangular sliders, and Peter has already said he was considering including both the D rings AND sliders with each jacket.

Once again, sorry for posting my honest opinion. :?

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

That's what I usually wear in a jacket, too, so it'd probably fit me well. :wink:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Michaelson, don't appoligize for sharing your opinion! For driving over my tricycle with the Plymouth, yes, but not for sharing your opinion. :wink:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Kt, have you ever considered looking into the Action Man line of clothing? :wink: (Just kidding! :lol: )
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

binkmeisterRick wrote:Kt, have you ever considered looking into the Action Man line of clothing? :wink: (Just kidding! :lol: )
Yes, they are a lot cheaper. But big poppers are a bit of a struggle. :)

Michaelson, thank you for your observations. :) Those pics were really rushed as you can see by the skewed collar. I'll try again another time.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

The collar looked fine to me.... 8) :wink:

THAT should tell you how many cups of coffee I've had this morning. Nope....not enough. :roll: :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I don't know, Kt, I still think it's a good fit.

:lol: :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

:-k Yes....I can see your point now, bink! :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Looks like a LC collar to me!

Hey, it's screen accurate... "No Hat!"
Last edited by Kt Templar on Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Kt Templar comes with everything you see here. Some assembly required. :lol:

Actually, if you shorten the sleeves on your denim Wested, I think it'll look just like this! :wink:
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Aeris_Canon wrote: Eazy, just read your complaint and I can't help but wonder if the one slider in the package is a matter of Gemma not being informed correctly. She might be thinking "one slider" is a replacement set when she sends them out. (If she's the one who sends these.)

Gemma: One replacement set of sliders = (Four) of those rectangular thingees.
Gemma claimed she had sent me 6 sliders the first time, and would send me three more the second time.

The plain truth is that Wested has one of the worst customer service records of any company I've ever dealt with. Two out of three of their jackets that I've owned have serious problems-- like one sleeve that's 1/2" shorter than the other.

I think there's a romance built around this company by the fans that clouds their perceptions of the truth. No matter what anyone says, no matter how many customers like me end up with mismatched sleeves and misplaced side straps, people will keep flocking to buy from them like lambs to the slaughter. And they will continue making excuses for them when they receive bad product. Thus, they have no incentive to change their shoddy customer service.

My overall experience with Wested has been bad, and I am not alone. I don't like to see other people get ripped off, which is why I am speaking up and stating how I feel very plainly. If more people did that, the result would probably force Wested to improve their service, and that would be a good thing.

Jack
Last edited by eazybox on Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

You've obviously never dealt with British Gas.
eazybox
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by eazybox »

Kt Templar wrote:You've obviously never dealt with British Gas.
Very funny wise guy! Humor does help eas the pain, though...

Jack
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

No, but I've dealt with Bufflehead's gas. WHEW!!! :shock: :-0 :wink:

I think I've been pretty lucky with the custom Wested I ordered (and luckier that the second I got off someone else fit so beautifully). I have to say that love 'em or leave 'em, I've seen more customer service complaints regarding Wested than any other vendor in recent memory. I've seen many great Westeds in person, but at the end of the day, the customer base can "vote" by how they spend their dollars. Caveat emptor (buyer beware) is a phrase that gets used enough times around here that all the information is readily available for anyone doing his or her homework. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the buyer to do said homework and take whatever risks acceptable when making any purchase. I don't mean to belittle your frustration, Jack, but I agree that a few basic QC practices go a long way.
riothamus
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by riothamus »

I think this might have been lost in the reply after mine, so I'll post again.

After waiting several days for a response by e-mail from Wested and no luck, I figured I'd ask here.

Does the denim jacket come in long/tall sizes? If so, does it cost extra?

Is anyone who has the regular jacket 6'2" or thereabouts? How is the sleeve and body length?

Excelsior!
Riothamus
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

It's only in Regular. It's a Temple length, though, so the body may be okay. The sleeves are what you should be looking into.
rhboyd
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rhboyd »

just got off the phone with Peter.... should be shipping first thing next week!!!

EEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-r!
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tennessee Smith »

Well, I just ordered mine so I'll post when it gets here. :D :D :D
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Aeris_Canon wrote::lol: :lol: It's the sleeves, isn't it, Erin?
:) I had mine modded, had to take 2 1/2 inches off the sleeves ;)
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aeris_Canon wrote::lol: :lol: It's the sleeves, isn't it, Erin?
To quote George Washington "I cannot tell a lie".... it's the sleeves :wink:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Aeris_Canon wrote:
Erin Jones wrote:To quote George Washington "I cannot tell a lie".... it's the sleeves
:lol: :lol: Hey, wherever it's going to work best! :tup:

Aww, KT, the Action Man clothing was so working for you, though. ;)
Nice you got them taken in a bit, too.
LOL the lady who did them for me also makes some of the costumes for "Dancing with the Stars" now that's got your mind working overtime!! (Jeeze WHY did I tell you that!)
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Speaking of costumes KT, when are you going to post a pic of you in that Elvis outfit we all caught a glimpse of? :D
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

The gold or the black "Comeback tour"? That wired collar is the business! :)

No, I really don't do Elvis gear, was modelling the Gold one for Peter! Honest!
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fair enough. :D

...its still funny.
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's shipping today, so I'll post pics when it gets here, Sleeve length and all. :wink:

Oh, and thanks to Michaelson, KT and Das for measurements and info. :D
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

(Heeheehee. KT, Das, he BELIEVED us!!! :lol:) :shock:

Uh, was this mike on? :oops: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Tennessee Smith
Site Admin
Site Admin

All I can say is wow!!!

I ordered this on the 24th and they attempted delivery yesterday. So this morning on my way to work I picked it up....

It fits perfectly!!!!! :D :D :D

The sleeves are great!!!!!!

Thank you Peter!!!! :notworthy:

I'll post pics later.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

See!? Sometimes we know what we're talking about! :D :lol: :wink:

GLAD it fit!! :D Good timing too! We had frost down here this morning! :shock:

Regards! Michaelson