Tracking Wested Manufacturing and Delivery Times

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

codefool
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Tracking Wested Manufacturing and Delivery Times

Post by codefool »

Many people here, myself included, have queried what the end-to-end time for getting a (custom) Wested jacket made and delivered. To get some quantitative data on the subject, I open this thread for people to post when they make their order, and when they receive the finished product. In this way, we will be able to give those who want to know realistic numbers. I would suspect that these numbers will show some seasonal peaks, which can aide others in making better timing decisions when placing their order.

For the record, Wested recently informed me that they are currently working at 21-28 working days (4-6 weeks) for producing the jacket, not including transit time.

So, I would like to track three things:

1. The date the order was created, as well as details on the order (assuming that more complicated orders require more time).
2. The date Wested reports the jacket shipped.
3. The date the jacket actually arrived at your door and shipping method.

To start off, I ordered my Wested LC jacket on July 27, and not received it yet. So as of this writing 30 contiguous and 21 working days have passed.

We can track other vendors as well, but only for custom orders.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Guardian Devil
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Guardian Devil »

I think this is a great idea, I'll be watching this thread with interest.
I've just ordered a new Wested myself (My 3rd..somebody stop me!)

Ordered on 22nd August
Last Crusade style in authentic brown with only a couple of requests regarding the lining and the side-fastenings.
I was given the same 21-28 day prediction.

Can't wait!
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

I've ordered five custom jackets from Wested so far, and if my experiences are anything to go by, it seems that six weeks would be a safe bet for any orders recieved from the States.

Six weeks from order confirmation to getting it sent (give or take a couple of days), followed by a week for shipping (which depends on your luck with customs). So assuming shipping takes a week, I'd say you're looking at maybe just under seven weeks...

As for the carrier, it seems that they currently exclusively depend on Parcelforce, which hands over to USPS in the States.
Indiana Johnson
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Johnson »

From order to reception mine took 8 weeks. This was back in February to April of this year.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I think you're running up a slippery slope on this one myself.

The time from order to delivery, as posted, is usually 28 days or less......that is if they're not involved in a tv or movie production...then all bets are off.

Wested has always been first and foremost a costumer to the film/tv industry. We are a secondary market for the firm. If they have a light production schedule, or no productions ongoing, you can create a tracking rate....but it's just data for reference, and not necessarily one you can depend on. If they're involved in a large production (like they were during Star Wars or Pirates of the Caribbean), then the custom jacket delivery dates are at the mercy of those film production delivery dates.

With that in mind, proceed with your data gathering. :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician
Location: In the Dark Den of a school Cafateria, Niagara Falls, Canada

tracking times

Post by indiana lurch »

Ok, well I'm new to this (ie first post), so forgive me if I mess up

I just ordered my Wested LC distressed HH custom jacket on Aug 16th and so far all I know is that Wested has taken my money. oh I also ordered the shirt and pants too. It's killin me to wait but I know I must. :(

So I will do my best to keep track of the various dates but since I am starting work soon (darn teachers with their summers off) I might forget. Though I'm sure my wife will remind me when the statement comes in and when it arrives at the door....she's made me promise to wear it alot since it costs so much. :shock:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

You made me chuckle, my friend. :lol:

ALL our wifes insist on that one....BELIEVE me! :wink:

HIGH regards! Michaelson
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

This is bit off track, but with Wested's current delivery times I would like to place a custom order soon, so I get it by the end of fall.....sent Peter a note at the Website and sent him a PM here...no answer after 3 days. He been answering emails/PM's?? I know I can call, but I would rather not on a what-if proposition. Plus I have pics for him to look at.
eaglecrow
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: tracking times

Post by eaglecrow »

indiana lurch wrote: I just ordered my Wested LC distressed HH custom jacket on Aug 16th
Do they purchase HH predistressed now aswell? I orderd a dark brown HH one week ago myself
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indiana lurch »

I don't know but I asked anyways...what's the harm. I just can't wait for it to arrive
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: tracking times

Post by Kt Templar »

BreinederIndy wrote:
indiana lurch wrote: I just ordered my Wested LC distressed HH custom jacket on Aug 16th
Do they purchase HH predistressed now aswell? I orderd a dark brown HH one week ago myself
Afaik they only have a single horsehide, non-distressed colour is something between authentic brown and dark brown, actually more like dark brown.

They do have a 'new' predistressed cowhide that, imo, is nicer than the previous one, it only looks slightly distressed is darker and has none of that faded, light, look that the old predistressed had.
eaglecrow
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by eaglecrow »

I didn't chose a leather type in the order formular but mentioned in the category "extras" that I like to order a dark brown HH since the only HH for choose in the formular is authentic brown. Now I'm waiting to get a reply or at least the bill :lol:
OWJ88
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by OWJ88 »

I ordered my predistressed cowhide LC on 8/10 and received a confirmation on 8/11. Nothing else since. I will keep you posted if I hear anything.
Cheers,
OWJ88
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indiana lurch »

:shock: OWJ88, did you order yours online, cause I haven't heard a peep out of wested about my jacket...which is making me worried
codefool
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wested LC Cow RECEIVED!

Post by codefool »

I received my Wested LC Cow on 9/03. That's 27 working days and 37 contiguous days. The jacket was custom, and delivered to Houston, Texas. I did not receive a shipping notification.

The jacket is excellent - heavier than I expected. Gemma did not get in my change for underarm gussets (PO'd about that), and the sleeves are about an inch too long. Other than that very, very pleased with the fit, look, and weight. I'm calling my tailor today to arrange to have the sleeves adjusted (I know Wested will do it for free, but postage and turn-around time it's just not worth it.)

I don't know if any Wested LC Cow pics have been posted before. I will post but only if there's an interest.

Very happy. Cheers!
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

;0

That WAS a silly question!

You were exactly on schedule!

Personally, I'd let the sleeves settle a little before getting them changed they need a bit of time to wrinkle and ride up (not at the cowhide will necessarily ride up) also try wearing with a long sleeve shirt (if you haven't already), I noticed the sleeves fitted differently to when wearing a t shirt.

Yes, I was also surprised at how heavy the cowhide is, but then I am used to the lamb. :).
codefool
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

LC Cow Pics

Post by codefool »

As requested. Here's one with the owner:

The collar stitching detail:

The lining:

These are all I had time for tonight. Let me know if you want to see something specific.
Last edited by codefool on Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

that is a very rich looking leather. beautiful :D congratulations!

i'd be interested to compare cowhide to my veg tanned lamb as far as weight goes (as well as HH). the regular wested lambskin is light as air but the veg tanned stuff reminds me of a friend's HH (something that doesn't need a hanger as it is 'self standing' :lol: )

if you have a chance codefool, i was wondering if you could show a pic of the collar close up while wearing it. i have yet to see a LC collar that is screen accurate....but maybe i haven't seen any LC jackets that have been worn in.
Jedinizar
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Jedinizar »

Hi, I want to buy a wested, do u know what take longer the jacket or an AB fedora from marc??
I don't have the money for both, so I just want to order the 1 which take longer first... and for both do I have to pay in advance or just when the shipping is ready?? And just a last question, is there a "cm Tutorial" for the jacket size?? Because the sizes here in Germany aren't the same in the US or the UK
thanx in advance
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

that hat takes over 6 months and the jacket takes about 1 month. i do not know if marc works on a cash on delivery basis or if he needs money up front. wested has always charged my credit card prior to finishing the jacket for me.

i'm not exactly how european sizes work either but the way wested sizes their jackets is per us sizing....ie, a 44 jacket will fit a person with a 44" chest. they do this by ensuring that the chest measurement on the jacket is 44" plus (4" or 6"?) extra for room.

hope that helps.
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Indiana G wrote:that hat takes over 6 months and the jacket takes about 1 month. i do not know if marc works on a cash on delivery basis or if he needs money up front. wested has always charged my credit card prior to finishing the jacket for me.

i'm not exactly how european sizes work either but the way wested sizes their jackets is per us sizing....ie, a 44 jacket will fit a person with a 44" chest. they do this by ensuring that the chest measurement on the jacket is 44" plus (4" or 6"?) extra for room.

hope that helps.
Yep, 4 extra inches of room.

But IMO, if you have a slim-athlethic build, I think going one size smaller than your normal size would be more SA, albeit snug. I had someone with a 42" chest try a size 40" Wested, and the fit was spot on. Going for the same size will make the zipper ends of the jacket drawn together fairly close, while going one size down pushes them further apart like what we saw on Ford.
Jedinizar
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Jedinizar »

Castor Dioscuri wrote:
Indiana G wrote:that hat takes over 6 months and the jacket takes about 1 month. i do not know if marc works on a cash on delivery basis or if he needs money up front. wested has always charged my credit card prior to finishing the jacket for me.

hope that helps.
Yep, 4 extra inches of room.

But IMO, if you have a slim-athlethic build, I think going one size smaller than your normal size would be more SA, albeit snug. I had someone with a 42" chest try a size 40" Wested, and the fit was spot on. Going for the same size will make the zipper ends of the jacket drawn together fairly close, while going one size down pushes them further apart like what we saw on Ford.
6 months?!!! holy ####!!! I think I will get the hat first, 'cause I want my gear finished for the movie!!! and also because I need more help with the Jacket size
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Codefool's LC collar

Post by St. Dumas »

Codefool, I don't mean to derail this thread, but your brand new LC Wested appears to have the proper collar/collar stand configuration. Could you please give us a couple of close-ups of the collar and snaps? This is a very interesting development, if you get my drift...

Many thanks.

SD
Last edited by St. Dumas on Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

as far as my experience goes, a raiders and an LC jacket should be ordered per your current size and a TOD jacket should be ordered a size down for that fitted look that you see on screen. now this is assuming that your body shape doesn't require alot of tailoring to fit into a suit jacket (ie, most jackets off the rack will fit you well in the body and shoulders without having to nip and tuck anything).

in both raiders and LC, i do not see the jacket as tight to the shoulders as you see in TOD. thats my observations which is why i order accordingly...but to each their own of course 8)
OWJ88
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by OWJ88 »

indiana lurch wrote::shock: OWJ88, did you order yours online, cause I haven't heard a peep out of wested about my jacket...which is making me worried
Indiana Lurch,
I actually received an email from Gemma the next day. It had a review of my order. When I initially called with a couple of questions, they suggested ordering online "so that it doesn't get lost". You might give them a call and tell them when you placed the order. Just to make sure it was received properly.

Cheers,
OWJ88
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

As stated in the rules and as a sticky at the top of each forum section, there is to be no vendor talk relating to IndyIV until we get the green light to do so. Please reread the rules if you have any questions.
viewtopic.php?t=22479
Bullitt
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bullitt »

Bink,

To whom exactly are you referring? Or is this just a precaution if this topic enters 'The Dark Side'? :wink:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

post was deleted by mods.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Yep. But all is right with the world again and everyone is happily on the same page. We even keep an eye out for the honest mistakes. 8) Carry on, possums! Carry on! :wink:
Bullitt
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bullitt »

Didn't know that, G, thanks.

BTW Just ordered my first Raiders jacket. It's a hybrid of Platon's and Agent 5's specs. Still waiting for confirmation.
codefool
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wested LC Cow - Collar Detail

Post by codefool »

I'm not sure what you're looking for in collar detail, but here's a couple:

The collar normal:

Collar with turned up back:

St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

Codefool, that's exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks. Those are the first pics we've seen of Wested's revamped LC jacket. It's got the proper collar / collar stand configuration. My Wested LC is about 6 months old and I really like it, but your new one is spot on, with the top of the storm flap "below" the collar stand. It's also got the double stitching that I'm assuming Peter identified had been on the screen-used LC jacket. Well done, Peter. And nice acquisition, Codefool. That's an excellent jacket, and a good fit.

SD
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

that configuration does look alot better for sure. is this standard now on the wested LC?
codefool
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by codefool »

Indiana G wrote:that configuration does look alot better for sure. is this standard now on the wested LC?
I would assume so. My only custom mods were to have an additional inside pocket and the cotton lining. So what you see is how he made it for me. Except for the sleeves being a "little" too long, and I think the stitching on the side straps could have been a bit heavier - I LIKE IT!

Let me know if you want to see pics of anything else.
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

codefool wrote:Let me know if you want to see pics of anything else.
Codefool, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of photos of the jacket hanging up against a light-coloured background. One zipped up and one unzipped perhaps?

Many thanks.

SD
OWJ88
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by OWJ88 »

I just recieved word that my Predistressed LC Wested is shipping today by Parcelforce. I will keep you posted as I hope it will arrive in the next week or so.

Cheers,
OWJ88
OWJ88
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by OWJ88 »

OWJ88 wrote:I just recieved word that my Predistressed LC Wested is shipping today by Parcelforce. I will keep you posted as I hope it will arrive in the next week or so.

Cheers,
OWJ88
So I received a notice that my jacket shipped on Friday the 14th and the jacket arrived on the 17th! Everything is as I asked and it fits perfect. I am very happy with the process. Peter and the team sent me a notice when I placed the order, an email when it shipped, and it showed up only 3 days later.
Gemma and Peter, if you see this, thanks so much for your efforts with my predistressed LC.
Pics will be coming, but tonight I have to treat it with Pecards.
Indydawg

Ooohhhh......

Post by Indydawg »

Lawd have mercy that's a good lookin' jacket!

Now THAT'S LC....correct collar and storm flap!

How about the side strap configuration? Did we finally nail that down? I assume so....that just looks good!

Nice jacket there! Very nice, indeed.

Later!
Indydawg
ddibling
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Happy Day!

Post by ddibling »

Oh, Happy Day! :D The mailman came to my door this beautiful rainy morning and what did he have in his crusty little hands? A puffy white mailing envelope from Great Britain! Woo Hoo!! I ordered an LC, brown lambskin, cotton body lining, satin sleeve lining, and underarm gussets added. As noted by someone elsewhere, I was amazed by how light the jacket is.

Jacket ordered on August 16, no delivery email, jacket arrived today, September 22. Looks great, fits great, smells great! Also goes well with my newly acquired Smith & Wesson Model 22, of 1917, .45 ACP. (for which I'm considering finding a gunsmith to remove the extra 1 1/2" of barrel.). Would be happy to send pics if anyone would like to see.
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indiana lurch »

Ok, now I'm seriously getting worried, ddibling just got his and we ordered it on the same day. To top that off I finally get an email from Gemma (after I sent 4 or 5) and she asks for my order number. I never got an email with an order number let alone a comformatoin number. All I know is that they did charge my credit card back on the 17th of August.

Am I being paranoid :shock: :shock:

Should I be worried, has anyone had there order mysteriously vanish before. Please if I'm worrying over nothing, just slap me
ddibling
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by ddibling »

I don't know if you really should be worried...I wasn't expecting mine for at least another week. It was a little disturbing, though, that I didn't get an email saying the jacket had been shipped. Still, the jacket looks great and came in sooner than I expected.
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indiana lurch »

Did you get a conformation email ddibling?? Cause I never did, which leads me to believe that maybe it slipped between the cracks.
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indiana lurch »

Ok, here we go...the timeline of my Wested custom HH LC jacket, and a pair of pants and shirt

Order date: Aug 16th (online)
Credit card charged on the 17th

Then a long period of silence :?:

Sept 20th I email for the third time asking about my jacket...they finally respond asking for a order number. I tell them I never got one. They email back on the 25th with an invoice number and tell me that it's been cut and should ship friday the 28th.

On Oct 2nd I email to see if it's been shipped and I am told no and that they would email me when it's been shipped. :cry:

The 10th of Oct comes and I email again to finds out about the jacket and am told that is was shipped the friday just past :D

And today I get home to a parcel note on my door saying that a package will be available for pick up tomorrow as I wasn't home today to get it.

And there you have it, the story of my Wested waiting times

Indiana Lurch

PS - What's the difference between a coat and a jacket???
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

whoa.....that's almost 2 months. not fair though, you ordered pants and a shirt as well. perhaps they were out of pants and shirts in your size?

it's usually been around a month with me. anyways....look'n forward to seeing some pics of your goodies :D
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indiana lurch »

Well, they were out of pants or shirts they never once told me that was the reason. I'm just happy I'm finally getting it. Part of me wants to skip out early from work to go get it but I'm a teacher so I really don't work enough :D :D

Hopefully pics will come tonight...though I have no idea how to post them, nor do I have a web host for them...any help would be greatly appreciated

Indiana Lurch
Nebraska Brad
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Nebraska Brad »

I ordered my custom Raiders lambskin on Sept 11 and received a confirmation from Peter on Sept 13th.

Keeping my fingers crossed
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indiana lurch »

indiana lurch wrote:Ok, here we go...the timeline of my Wested custom HH LC jacket, and a pair of pants and shirt

Order date: Aug 16th (online)
Credit card charged on the 17th

Then a long period of silence :?:

Sept 20th I email for the third time asking about my jacket...they finally respond asking for a order number. I tell them I never got one. They email back on the 25th with an invoice number and tell me that it's been cut and should ship friday the 28th.

On Oct 2nd I email to see if it's been shipped and I am told no and that they would email me when it's been shipped. :cry:

The 10th of Oct comes and I email again to finds out about the jacket and am told that is was shipped the friday just past :D

And today I get home to a parcel note on my door saying that a package will be available for pick up tomorrow as I wasn't home today to get it.

And there you have it, the story of my Wested waiting times

Indiana Lurch

PS - What's the difference between a coat and a jacket???
Let me amend my own email...

I recieved the shirt and pants today, no jacket :cry: :cry:

So indiana G it was not because of the pants or shirt as they came first. I'm picturing some customs officer wearing my jacket as I type this, with any luck it will arrive at the being of next week (I HOPE)

Indiana lurch
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

lurch....if you find that customs officer wearing your wested, gimme a shout. i'll go rent a copy of 'hostel' and we'll go track him down together.

canadian customs officers....i hate those guys! :evil:
indiana lurch
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by indiana lurch »

Yeah I know Indiana G

I had a lengthy discussion with one the other day about seeing if I could ship an artsee1 prop replica across the border. Well actually the on hold with the gov't was the longest part, then the conversation with someone I couldn't understand and being transferred 3 times to get an actual answer because no one was 100% sure if they would allow it.

Anyways I'm hoping that the jacket was shipped but just ended up a day or so behind...I've emailed Wested an asked anyways

Indiana Lurch
Cloud Jones
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Cloud Jones »

Order placed, Thursday, October 18th.
Confirmation email received, Friday, October 19th.

The nail-biting wait begins....