Glove Alternative

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Division 6
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Glove Alternative

Post by Division 6 »

I spent all yesterday afternoon looking for Wells-Lemont #1130 Gloves as these are thought to be the correct ones worn by HF in Raiders.
The only W-L gloves I was able to find are the dark brown suede or the leather and cloth types.
It appears that everyone in the area I live in now only carries "Stanley" brand.

Picture in hand I went to OSH this morning cause they always carry W-L gloves but to my utter dismay they to only had Stanley.

So I looked at the picture of the 1130's I got off the company Web site and to my amazement I found a pair that looked almost exactly like the gloves of my quest, so I bought a pair.

They are Grain leather gloves "premium Goat Skin" #5622. $15.99
No embossed Logo just a cloth tab to cut off.

Thought I'd share. :D

Division 6 aka Dr. Moody.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

I have a pair... gave them to my wife. For being Meds they were too small. Fingers wern't long enough.

If someone could post a link where folks could order Wells on-line directly, that would be awesome.
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

JUST testing something here guys.
Division 6
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Division 6 »

Found a link on one of the other postings the other day, I'll see if I can find it.

Since I wear a small in gloves I went with a medium and they fit me fine with about a 1/4 " extra at the tips.

D6
Division 6
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Division 6 »

Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Nope... I can see the gloves... It can help me find where they are sold- But can't buy them on line.

I have two pairs coming in the mail [Thanks Pal] but what about everyone else? How are other folks going to get theirs?
IndianaCollins
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaCollins »

found mine at walmart in the mens clothing sectioin
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

The Wal-Mart here in Waco, TX seems to carry them regularly (sizes small to large), or at least when I happen to check. I have bought three pair in the past three months (I'm up to four pair now). There is also a place called "Harbor Freight Tools" (which my wife allows me to visit if I'm good) that carries then occasionally. I've even seen them at Target, but only rarely. I seem to have fairly good luck finding them. One thing I have noticed is that they all seem to be a different shade. Some are darker than others. I've noticed that the smaller the glove the darker the color. Has anyone else noticed this?
Division 6
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Division 6 »

Walmart is the first store I went to and I evev walked through the Mens section, guess i'll have to take another look.

I work at Target in the mornings but haven't seen any (I keep looking)

Harbor Frieght is a great store to visit, unfortunatly the closest one to me is in Modesto about an hour north of me.
:(

I usually hit one in the Bay Area when visiting Friends, Maybe I'll have them check for me.

Thanks for the tips.

D6
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

Division 6 wrote:Walmart is the first store I went to and I evev walked through the Mens section, guess i'll have to take another look.

I work at Target in the mornings but haven't seen any (I keep looking)
D6,

Look by the mens belts/suspenders and socks at Wal-Mart. This is where I find mine. At Target I found mine in the garden section.

I hope this helps you narrow your search down.

Band Director Jones
zohar
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by zohar »

I bought a pair at WalMart today. Only $8.99, and in an Extra Large, too. They were near the men's belts, and long underwear.
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Renderking Fisk wrote:Nope... I can see the gloves... It can help me find where they are sold- But can't buy them on line.
RF, you could always call their toll-free number and ask them (1-800-323-2830). I found them to be pretty helpful. In fact, the serviceperson told me me I could save a few bucks by going to Wal-Mart instead of buying directly. When I went to Wal-Mart they had the gloves so I didn't have to order directly. Just my experience......
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

RF, you could always call their toll-free number and ask them (1-800-323-2830). I found them to be pretty helpful.
Roger that, and understood. I just got two pair yesterday with the help of a fellow Gearhead (MJ- Your Thank-you gift will be in the mail Monday.) And now that I've had them in my possession for 12 hours I can say it's time to throw the Mid-West gloves into the cellar.

The Mid-West gloves don't fit right. I was never happy with them but they were close enough. I'm sure they fit other men's hands, but the Mid-West gloves are off proportion: Fingers aren’t long enough and the thumb is up too far on the palm.

Now that I have the Wells Lamont... I don't want to be with out a pair ever again! And I want to make sure any of you don't go with out, either.
Indiana Janice
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Janice »

I can't seem to find them here (Canada). I will check the home depot and walmart again. If I can't find find them will someone get me some? I would be a small for sure.
Janice
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Janice, I am in Ottawa and after work today will be hitting the nearest WalMart (dang! Indy Gear at the 'Mart!) If I find them, I will let you know. Maybe we can work something out.
Division 6
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Division 6 »

Well, I went back to Walmart, No Joy.

Guess I'll have to make a hop over to the Bay Area in the near future.

Seems this silly little town I live in decided to change brands in the last week or so just before I started looking.

D6
Prof. Fanara are you listening? :)
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

A fellow gear head, to whom I will be eternally grateful, sent me mine over here to the UK. :) As far as I can see if you don't have a Walmart nearby thats the only other way of getting the gloves.

Ken
Division 6
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Division 6 »

Good News,
OB1Kenny was at the Grocery store and found some.

Big Smiles.
Thanks for all the tips everyone. :lol:

D6