5 foot 16 plait Natural Tan performers whip!

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

midwestwhips
Vendor

5 foot 16 plait Natural Tan performers whip!

Post by midwestwhips »

Here's another whip I just finished up that I'm tentatively calling "the Performers whip" It is based off of the same style as the white whip I posted a little while back. I really like how it turned out, and I like the knot a lot as well.

Regards,

Paul Nolan
www.midwestwhips.com
Dostacos
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Dostacos »

beautiful, I prefer solid colors BUT that is beautiful you are making me drool 8-[ :whip:
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

Awesome as always Paul ! A true master ! The whip you made me has broken in nicely ! Ill post pics soon ! :wink:

Best wishes......Patrick.
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

Very nice, Paul!

Way to give Joe Strain a run for his money :wink:

(Okay, I know you're not competitive with Joe Strain, but I was trying to come up with something that would make you feel good )

-Adam
racerx
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by racerx »

Paul you braiding machine you! that looks ab fab,, just like the rest of your work.

Hey , do you still have thoughts on making a two tone or possibley three tone Henderson style stockwhip or bullwhip?

Perhapts someone might order such a whip from you some time,, :- :wink:

cheers.

Jim J.
Indiana
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana »

Gorgeous! =P~
Bernardodc
Vendor

Post by Bernardodc »

Impressive Paul :) , very, very nice! I specially liked the smoothness of the plaiting, the handle and that fancy turk's head. What's that knot called? how long is the handle? is the foundation 1/4 " thick?

Cheers,

Bernardo
jabahutt70
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by jabahutt70 »

Impressive looking whip, Paul! I noticed on the 1st & 2nd photos something in the fall hitch that I hadn't in previous whips of yours. Is that a strand wrapped around the end of the thong where the point goes through the slit in the fall? If it is, does it have a purpose? The whip looks nice & smooth.

Steve.
midwestwhips
Vendor

Post by midwestwhips »

Thanks for the compliments!

I really like this whip. I was trying it out last weekend, and at one point I decided to try throwing poker chips up into the air and trying to hit them. I surprised myself by not only hitting them, but this whip exploded three or four of them in mid air. It was pretty cool! I'll have to try that again some time, and perhaps get some video of it.

The handle is 10 inches long, with the same type of nail as the indy whip is built on, 3/8 inch. The knot is a slightly simpler version of the "Box Pattern" interweave, built on a 7part - 6bight turks head.

Steve, good eye! That is something I've been doing on my fancier whips. Instead of bringing the last strand up through the eye of the fall, I bring the strand up the side of the hitches and then under the top few, around the point of the thong, and then back down the other side of the fall hitch. As well as looking smooth and a bit nicer, it also helps take away the small spot behind the fall where the popper can sometimes snag while cracking.

This whip is on ebay right now, there is a link to the listing in the classified section if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Paul Nolan
www.midwestwhips.com
jabahutt70
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by jabahutt70 »

Thanks Paul, glad I wasn't seeing things. Sounds like a pretty good idea, minimizing the spot a bit. May even kinda bolster that spot. That's funny about the chips, would be cool to see on video.

Steve.