Cabella's Stone Safari Shirts back in stock?!?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Cabella's Stone Safari Shirts back in stock?!?

Post by Minnesota Jones »

Hey, check it out! I saw this on a different thread and thought I'd take a peek to see if the Safari Shirts were indeed back, they are, I ordered two in the Stone!

Here's a link (I hope it works)
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... Type=&rid=

I remember a bunch of us wanted the Stone (closest to ROTLA look) for awhile now..... enjoy!
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Just bought a Med, I'm tickled they brought them back. Guess they were tired of us trash talking them.

Good Show! Folks... Guy and Gals, if everyone buys one this week they will know we mean business! Lets keep the good vibes going!
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

I am trying to work out my size if it is small or medium - what collar size does it equate to does anyone know?

Ken
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Don't know. I wear a size M with the LLBean shirt and I'm a 15+ (it's the size just below 16.) I've been working out alot and it might not fit as well, though.
Yoda201
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Yoda201 »

I ordered em last week the medium stone was not supposed to be in stock till March.. Chris
prettybigguy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by prettybigguy »

I just got mine yesterday in XLT and it looks and fits great!
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Just bought one myself now thanks to your help Renderking! Its always handy to have a nice shirt I can wear and decent safari shirts are hard to come by.

By the way does anyone have an idea how to go about getting the Route 66 one listed on the main Indygear Shirt comparison page? It seems such a great price.

Ken
skywlkr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by skywlkr »

I searched for the Route 66 shirt and couldn't find it anywhere...online or at a K-Mart store, so I went and ordered the Cabelas stone grey shirt. I'm satisfied.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

In terms of the Route 66 shirt, I heard on the local news tonight that they will be closing about 50-something stores in Texas within the next 60-90 days, leaving only about 18 stores open in Texas. I'll try to keep a look out on the racks for ones that might go on clearance for you guys if I make it into a K-Mart over the next few months.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Thats really kind of you. Thanks so much Holly! I have to say you really are such a great person. :) But dont worry too much since I do have the Cabelas at any rate.

Ken
Indiana Philip
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Philip »

Indiana Ken wrote:Thanks so much Holly! I have to say you really are such a great person. :)
I am delighted to second that.
Indiana Philip
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Yep, Holly's cool.
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

ITG is the bomb diggity! I learned that from my 13 year old niece (in my generation I think it means she's really nice) - :wink:

But yeah, for $26 approx plus shipping, you CAN'T go wrong with a cabela's for daily wear OR Indygear. Heck, at that price, I may have to order more than just 2 in the stone.....

And for the person wanting to be screen accurate for ROTLA, you can always change out the buttons and see a tailor for the pleats on the front of the shirt (buy two, cut up one, and get some thread....) and it's still cheaper than a NH and without the undyeing/redyeing!
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

I agree with you MJ. I have 5 "stone" colored Cabella shirts and about 2 or 3 in other colors when they ran out of stone late last year. The color is about the most accurate, "right out of the box" color there is and like MJ said, once you replace the butttons you really have an accurate looking shirt sans the pleats. I didn't think of having a tailor trick up the shirt with pleats idea. That's a good one, MJ!

But the other quality of this shirt I like the most is the durability. This shirt can really take the abuse. It's rock solid. It's also good in urban situations. Stains like coffee, wine, tomatoe sauce just wash right off.

-S
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I may have to get me one. I know a Dickies shirt is 65% polyester/35% cotton. Does this feel any better/different?

I have looked and looked for that K-Mart shirt similar to what is on the IndyGear site. I can't seem to find them either. Oh well.
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Fisk,

Mind if I ask you a personal questions... how long are your arms? And how does the M fit them? My problem with SML sizing is that I like shirts to fit properly so if I decide to put on a tie I don't look like a clown. I wear a 15 1/2, 34 dress shirt. How does the M Cabelas match up? Usually Ms are two short armed and Ls too thick necked. Do they shrink? I guess I should just e-mail them, eh?

Kind regards,
Indy
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Indy Magnoli,

Thanks for asking that. I am wondering about that too as I am going back and forth between ordering M or L since I am right at the low end for their large sizing.

I.J.
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

Indy Magnoli wrote:Fisk,

Mind if I ask you a personal questions... how long are your arms? And how does the M fit them? My problem with SML sizing is that I like shirts to fit properly so if I decide to put on a tie I don't look like a clown. I wear a 15 1/2, 34 dress shirt. How does the M Cabelas match up? Usually Ms are two short armed and Ls too thick necked. Do they shrink? I guess I should just e-mail them, eh?

Kind regards,
Indy
I have your answer. Order your shirt in the "Tall" version. I'm a large (16 1/2 x 34"). The regular "L" is almost too short. The "TALL" is just right. In fact the sizing chart recommends, 6 footers and over should order the "TALL".

-Sergei
skywlkr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by skywlkr »

I usually order a L, but the sizing chart recommends people 6 ft. and above order the Tall version, so I got a L Tall and it fits perfect. Sleeves are just right, neck is just right, etc.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Magnoli

No problem on the shirts, it's not that personal of a question. (Being the group loud-mouth- I don't have too many secrets left, anyway.) The best shirts I've ever worn that come in basic sizes (S-M-L) have been the LL Bean shirts. I'm 5'11, 175 LBS, and the M shirts from LL fit perfectly. The cuffs come to right where the hand meets the wrist. My favorite shirt from LL is a tie between the denim (the one I affectionately call the Sierra Madre Shirt) and the US made Safari shirt.

I don't know about the Cabela's new shirt. I'll bet hammering out a review 24hrs after it arrives. Just got notice that it's shipping UPS and should be waiting for me when I get back to the Render-Ranch any day now.
Peacock's Eye
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Peacock's Eye »

My birthday's coming up soon, making it a good reason to order another shirt. I hope there are enough size large left. I already have the shirt in stone, tan, and forest. Later this year, I'll get the shirt in olive, for additional variety.
The_Edge
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The_Edge »

Take a look at this! If only it came in khaki or stone. Maybe bleach it?

Cabela's Game Warden Shirt

-Kyle
Minnesota Jones
Admin Emeritus

Ummm....... whoa! Close, so close....... great find!
Bushman
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Bushman »

The current Cabela Stone Safari shirt differs a bit from the one previously offered. The colour is slightly darker (closer to a light khaki than the whitish stone). The buttons no longer have Cabela's name stamped on them (Yes, a plus.).

As for the Game Warden Shirt, make sure you order one with "working" buttons! In recent years, Cabela's has offered a Game Warden Shirt with faux buttons and a hidden zipper behind the placket. Crikey!

Bushman
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

I'll have to buy one once it's available in Stone. The Safari shirt is still the one for me, though.
jeburns
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by jeburns »

How is cabela's sizing? Do they tend to run smaller or at they a loose fit?
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

jeburns wrote:How is cabela's sizing? Do they tend to run smaller or at they a loose fit?
Mr Burns, compaired to the LL Bean Safari shirt, it's a looser fit. I felt that the new version of the Bean shirt made in China isn't as good of a fit any more, the sleaves are TOO short. The Cabela shirt is much better fit and liquid rolls right off of it.
jeburns
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by jeburns »

Nice to hear, I'll need to get one of those. I like the fact that a lot of the indy wear can be worn as every day use.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Well, I ordered the Large and it's huge through the shoulders and fits just fine through the waist and hip area. I'm going to be ordering a Medium to see if that's any better. If it is a better fit, I may be having a Large for sale here.
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

Well, I guess I'm keeping up with the Joneses. I just ordered one in stone. I don't usually like wearing polyester, not very comfortable in my book, even blends. Does it breathe? Is it comfy in hot weather? We'll see ...
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Well, the good thing about this polyester blend is NO IRONING...whoopy! They have the same shirt in womens, but wouldn't you know they aren't available in the STONE color.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Chamorro wrote:Well, I guess I'm keeping up with the Joneses. I just ordered one in stone. I don't usually like wearing polyester, not very comfortable in my book, even blends. Does it breathe? Is it comfy in hot weather? We'll see ...
So far, the only problem I have with the shirt is that I only have one of them. Wish they came in a 3 pack like T-Shirts.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Mine finally arrived and I have to second everything that has been said before its a really great shirt. I think I will be wearign it all the time now.

Ken
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

I got mine today and I like it. A LOT. The freedom of movement is superior to my MBA and my L.L. Bean. The color is the best I've seen out of the box.

However, it does not breathe as well as the Bean shirt. Acceptable sacrifice when you take into consideratiion that it won't need as much ironing.

I'm planning on buying them in the different colors too. Great work shirt.