IJIV Strap placement

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

IJIV Strap placement

Post by Gater »

In another thread, I eluded to these pics...

and that it looks as if the bag strap is on the OUTSIDE of Indy's jacket, going under the jacket collar...

This could just be a pre-shooting thing, or perhaps in the film, they have changed the way Indy wears the bag?
Jonesy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Jonesy »

They can't start changing stuff... Why does Lucas and Spielberg think they have to change everything?

Han shot first! The fbi had guns, not radios!
JoelM
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JoelM »

it's probably more comfotable for him to wear it outside the jacket at his age and i think that is just a behind the scenes pic I think that Indy would stick with what works and keep it inside the jacket
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Hey, Gater, why'd you go and start up this thread here, anyway? :wink:

Personally, I always thought it made more sense to put the bag on over the jacket. That's how I always wear it, anyway. It's more comfortable and practical that way, too. I wouldn't go thinking the movie is going to be horrible based on bag strap placement, though. :wink:
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

binkmeisterRick wrote:Hey, Gater, why'd you go and start up this thread here, anyway? :wink:
the voices in my head told me to, but now that I think about it...they told me to hand over my wallet, too!! :shock: :?

binkmeisterRick wrote:Personally, I always thought it made more sense to put the bag on over the jacket. That's how I always wear it, anyway. It's more comfortable and practical that way, too. I wouldn't go thinking the movie is going to be horrible based on bag strap placement, though. :wink:
So, Bink...with the bag on the outside, do you not get friction from the strap rubbing against the shoulder of the jacket, and get 'wear patterns' of leather on leather? (feel free to completely avoid any S&M references, eh?)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

I haven't seen any adverse wear on my goatskin Wested from wearing the bag over the jacket, and I've been doing that for a good long time. I can't comment on other jacket hides, though.
henryindianajonesjr44
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by henryindianajonesjr44 »

I always wear it on the inside, I happen to think that feels and looks better. I think it moves around less and you just can't run up and grab it from behind and yell "that's my purse!"

Andrew :wink:
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Admittedly, although I wear mine on the inside, when I take it Geocaching, it does get inthe way while in the car, and is bothersome to have to take it on and off if it means removing the jacket all the time...but it just 'looks' Indy to have it inside...well, unless they changed it!
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Maybe Ford is trying to distress his jacket :P ;)
ShanghaiJack
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by ShanghaiJack »

I think that it is definitely more convenient to wear the bag on the outside of the jacket, however, I think that wearing it on the inside is more secure.

I actually wear it both ways depending on the situation. Outside if I am going to want to take the bag off and out it on frequently. Inside if I am in a more active situation, helps keep the bag from swinging all over the place. Wearing it on the inside also makes it harder for it to be stolen.
Harrison_Davies
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Harrison_Davies »

It's likely that the strap is new leather and therefore not malleable, as Ford sat down it is likely that the strap was pushed over the collar by the bag. "Happens to me all the time".
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Guys, you're talking of the strap? The HAT is fantastic and it's the only thing I can't take my eyes off of! :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, since this is the gear section, the strap is the correct item to discuss.

We drool over the hat either in the fedora section, or the Indy IV section.....just down the hall to your left.... :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Harrison_Davies
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Harrison_Davies »

Michaelson wrote:Yep, since this is the gear section, the strap is the correct item to discuss.

We drool over the hat either in the fedora section, or the Indy IV section.....just down the hall to your left.... :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Love the wit Michaelson hahah
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

hahaha