Is Lee Keppler out there?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Is Lee Keppler out there?

Post by Magnum »

If you are out there Mr. Keppler, I just wanted to get in touch with you. I talked to you over the phone a couple of weeks ago and ordered a 71" Raiders Bag strap. I also sent you an e-mail a few days ago. I just wanted to know what the status of my order is. Thanks.

Does anyone else know where Lee is?
JAN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by JAN »

I E-mailed him about 14 days ago and then once again 1 week ago ordering a fedora.....no reply.

I don´t know.. I think its a bit odd way to run a business, don´t reply
the customer.
Of couse he could be out of town, but then leave an autoreply saying when he will be able to make a reply.

His stuff looks good, but I won´t be a fool for my own money, but I´ll keep up my patience a little longer, and then I´ll have to take my business elsewhere.

But I really hope for a reply (and a fedora!!)

Best regards

Jan
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

From personal experience, you can trust Lee - He is out of town often and by his own addmission, he is not real computer savvey. - He may not even know how to leave an auto reply message.

I ordered a LC fedora from Lee In the Fall of 2001 and did not receive it until Feb 2002. All I can say is that the wait was worth it. Be patient, he will respond.

Mo
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

I just ordered a strap from him last week. I emailed him Thursday and he replied Friday. I sent him another email back and he responded just yesterday. Maybe you should try contacting him again.
Lee Keppler
Vendor

Post by Lee Keppler »

I am here today and part of Thur. then on the road again(feel like Willie Nelson) and, as a matter of fact, I don't know how to do an "auto response" so cut me a little slack, OK? :wink:
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

You can trust Dr. Brody. Lee is a good man. Trust me. :wink:

Now, Lee, about that Kepler fed I ordered...... :D
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lee is definitely a stand up guy. He has gone above and beyond, with orders for me, and always willing to go out of his way to make things right that may not be. I have been dealing with Lee for 13 years now. We've been through delays, near death auto accidents, car troubles, and what-have-you, but in the end, the product has always been top notch, and this customer extremely satisfied.

And I have no doubt that he doesn't know how to leave an auto-reply. :wink:

And Joe, not to bring back up the spell check post, but maybe you need to order a Keppler fed and it'll get to you quicker, I hear those Kepler ones are hard to come by. :wink: :P

Mike
Kit Walker
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kit Walker »

Indiana Joe wrote:Now, Lee, about that Kepler fed I ordered...... :D
Joe,
I just talked to Lee about the Keppler Fedora I ordered and unfortunatly
he is still trying to get shells from his supplier.
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

Always keep in mind when dealing with Lee Keppler that all of his gear is made in very small quantities to his specifications. He is often at the mercy of his suppliers. He doesn't have a store room where he can stock pile gear for orders that may or may not come. He will never "stiff" anyone. He hasn't taken anyone's money and "forgotten" about their order. I say all this from my experiences and others' on the board. Now with that said, you may have to wait a while because of the above mentioned reason. Rest assured, you guys will get your gear. I know that some of us scrimp and save to buy this stuff (and then "we's" wants it), but it would be a good idea to account for a little "waiting time". That way you don't die from anticipation (grin). Take it from a guy that's near the end of the "Indygear trail". Once you collect everything, what is there left to do? I almost have to invent stuff to buy to keep in the hobby. Relish your time gentleman. Cheers
Kit Walker
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kit Walker »

Rundquist wrote:Always keep in mind when dealing with Lee Keppler that all of his gear is made in very small quantities to his specifications. He is often at the mercy of his suppliers. He doesn't have a store room where he can stock pile gear for orders that may or may not come. He will never "stiff" anyone. He hasn't taken anyone's money and "forgotten" about their order. I say all this from my experiences and others' on the board. Now with that said, you may have to wait a while because of the above mentioned reason. Rest assured, you guys will get your gear. I know that some of us scrimp and save to buy this stuff (and then "we's" wants it), but it would be a good idea to account for a little "waiting time". That way you don't die from anticipation (grin). Take it from a guy that's near the end of the "Indygear trail". Once you collect everything, what is there left to do? I almost have to invent stuff to buy to keep in the hobby. Relish your time gentleman. Cheers
Hey Rundquist,
I hear what your sayin man and I totally understand. I was just meaning to pass on to Joe that the backorder problem Lee had mentioned to him earlier was still going on.
Trust me I know what it's like to be at the mercy of suppliers, I'm an aircraft mechanic in the USAF and we are dealing with 60's technology so at times it is near impossible to get the parts you need when you need them. So like I told Lee I totally understand what he has going on.
Peace
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Rundquist »

Cuyahoga Boru wrote:
Hey Rundquist,
I hear what your sayin man and I totally understand. I was just meaning to pass on to Joe that the backorder problem Lee had mentioned to him earlier was still going on.
Hey Cuyahoga Boru, my post was not in direct response to you (I'm glad that you didn't take it wrong), it was more of a general response. We seem to get the "Where's Lee?" posts from time to time. I guess as new members come aboard we'll continue to get them. I was just trying to shed a little light on where Lee's coming from. Cheers
Kit Walker
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kit Walker »

No problem Rundquist. Just tryin' to clarify.
Peace
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

I just wanted to update everyone on the status of my order. After I originally posted on this string, Lee sent me an e-mail. We conversed and he told me that the strap had left two days before. When the mail came later on, I found the box from "Adventure Supply" in it. I opened it up and the Raiders strap I ordered was in it. It is truly the perfect strap and I highly reccommend it. Lee Keppler is a stand up guy indeed. I have ordered from him before, and I will certaintly do it again. In fact, those fedors are looking pretty tempting...
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

Cuyahoga Boru wrote:
Indiana Joe wrote:Now, Lee, about that Kepler fed I ordered...... :D
Joe,
I just talked to Lee about the Keppler Fedora I ordered and unfortunatly
he is still trying to get shells from his supplier.
Thanks for the update! I was going to e-mail him this weekend but will hold off.

Cheers,

I.J.