A few jacket questions

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

indiana745
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

A few jacket questions

Post by indiana745 »

I ordered a new Wested Raiders in the authentic lamb a few days ago and am trying to improve (only ever so slightly) on my last jacket (also a Wested). On the Wested site under the "sizing" section, it has measurements for chest, shoulder, back at seam, sleeve length, and back length for the most commonly made jackets. Now, I get the chest, back at seam, and sleeve length measurements, but where EXACTLY is the measurement for the back length supposed to begin, i.e. I know one end is the bottom of the jacket. But does the top measurement begin at the top of the unfolded collar, the bottom of the collar, or the seam where the collar attaches to the body of the jacket? Hope this isn't too confusing. Also, I noticed on the pics on indygear.com(http://www.indygear.com/gear/images/Fs_vs_Wested1.jpg )comparing the Flightsuits jacket with the Wested that the back panel attaches right at the seam where the arm attaches to the shoulder on the Flightsuits jacket, while the Wested back panel is attached an inch or less away from the arm/shoulder seam. Does this affect the function and if so, which is better just out of curiosity?
Crusader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Crusader »

The top measurement should be from the center rear collar, not including the collar stand, or from the collar/jacket seam if there is no collar stand. This is what Peter told me when I was originally ordering a jacket from him.
Hope this helps,
Bill
indiana745
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by indiana745 »

Thanks much Crusader, just what the answer I was looking for!