Noel Howard shirt fit

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Noel Howard shirt fit

Post by Band Director Jones »

This is for all of you that own a Noel Howard shirt. How do they fit you? Do they run larger or smaller than your regular dress shirts? I wear a 16 neck 33/34 sleeve. Is there any one with the same shirt size as me that can help me with this? I want to order one but want to make sure I get it right on the first try.
conceited_ape
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by conceited_ape »

Mine runs accurate. Order what size you actually are, and you should have no problems. :wink:
Indiana_Jonesing
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Indiana_Jonesing »

Hi.

You might find the medium a tad tight, especially if you want to button the top button and wear it with a tie (Doom and Crusade style).

Still, I suppose it depends on how you like to wear your shirts. I share your measurements, roughly, and the medium works well for the Raiders look (sleeves rolled up and several buttons un-buttoned). But I'm considering getting a large for more everyday wear. Because, like I said, the medium is a tad tight.

I hope this was helpful. You can send me a private e-mail if you have any further questions.

Regards,
-Jonesing
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm more with Jonesing on this one. I'm your size and had a medium, which fit, but was tight in the neck and shoulders. It would definitely give you the Raiders look, if you went with your shirt undone a few buttons. The shoulders were more botheresome to me than the neck, but I prefer looser fitting clothes. The large has suited me fine, but the neck is a bit loose if worn buttoned up, and my wife did have to shorten the sleeves.

Mike
Indy_Chris
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indy_Chris »

You wear the same size shirt as I do (16/34). The large NH shirt fits me perfectly like the movie - snug but not tight. Best regards.
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

I'm an XL type of guy and ordered an XL. When it came, I could wear it, but it was pretty snug. I thought I'd rip it or the seems would give out, so I gave it up and got an XXL, which (for me) is more like a regular XL. It's a little loose and is very comfortable. I know the Raiders "look" is to have it a little snug, but I went for the comfort.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Imahomer wrote:I'm an XL type of guy and ordered an XL. When it came, I could wear it, but it was pretty snug. I thought I'd rip it or the seems would give out, so I gave it up and got an XXL, which (for me) is more like a regular XL. It's a little loose and is very comfortable. I know the Raiders "look" is to have it a little snug, but I went for the comfort.
Same here.
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Same here too, lol! :D

Captain D
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

Thanks for all the help! I think I am going to go for a large.