Raiders Holster color

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Raiders Holster color

Post by Magnum »

My Lee Kepler Raiders Holster is extremely accurate. I am very, very pleased with it in every way except for the shade of color. Since I don't have the heart that Rabbittoth has (to draw on it with a pen among other things), how can I, as naturally as possible, darken it up so it is more screen accurate. I don't want to draw on it or dye it, but will sunlight or shoe polish work? Thanks for your help.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I just used 'chocolate' colored leather polish on mine and I will tell you this: a little goes a long way! Put very, very little on the rollerand spread it evenly. I goofed slightly on mine and it's a LITTLE to dark for my personal tastes. I am now looking for a way to lighten the color up a tad. Any ideas? Anyone?
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

Hey thanks for the idea! I thought that just a little shoe polish would do the trick. To lighten it, might I suggest finding a tan shoe polish or maybe a couple coats of neutral polish? Hope this helps.
Rabittooth
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Raiders Holster color

Post by Rabittooth »

Magnum wrote:...Since I don't have the heart that Rabbittoth has (to draw on it with a pen among other things)...
I only used a dark brown marker on the white stitching to make it blend better. I never used a pen of any kind on the leather. 8)

-Rabittooth
Last edited by Rabittooth on Sat Jul 27, 2002 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana_Jonesing
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Indiana_Jonesing »

I gave mine several coats of Pecards. Then, this weekend past, I left it out in the sun for a day and a half. It darkened up beautifully. I'm gonna give it another coating of leather dressing and sun it some more, but if you're looking for a natural color change, this is the way to go.

Best of luck.

-Jonesing