Today I had a very dissapointing experiance....Aldens

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Redbeard
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Today I had a very dissapointing experiance....Aldens

Post by Redbeard »

One fine day I was shopping, just for fun. Looking here, looking there and then there was this shop.

I couldn't belive it, a Alden shop in Hannover, Germany. Whohooo.

I was there with my wife, so I decided to visit the shop another day, because I have spended a lot of money on Indygear this month, and I didn't want to push it to far. Okay, today I went there and I told them I wanted to see model #405. And guess what, they didn't know the boot. I asked them if they could order it, so I could have a look. No, they said, I would have to buy it, because a 4xx number is a custom boot. I told them, it's not, because I know it from the Internet but they said that they cannot help. That's so poor!!! A pair of Aldens cost as much as a good used car, and they tell me I have to buy them blind. Besides they didn't recognize my Wested.

What do you think? Do I over-react? :(
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Some place are like that. Even in the states, many local shops that carry Aldens and other brands will only have popular styles in stock. You almost have to visit an "All-Alden" retail shop to see the whole line of shoes in person.
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

Alden makes two different classes or categories of shoes. The 405 is in the comfort line. I forget the other more expensive category. Perhaps that store only sells the other type or only has the other catalog.

Don't feel bad about them not knowing you were wearing a Wested. I went to the shop in San Fransico and they didn't have a clue either.
Chamorro
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Chamorro »

Sorry about your experience. If it makes you feel any better, bad customer service is the norm here too. You should have told them that you would just spend your money elsewhere.

BTW,

Is your COW name a Kurosawa reference?
Redbeard
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Redbeard »

Chamorro wrote:Is your COW name a Kurosawa reference?
Well...originally it was a reference to "The Secret Of Monkey Island", i thought of a pirate name for the posting board on www.mixnmojo.com. I'm blonde but my beard grows red, so that name wasn't too creative.

I love "The Seven Samurai" and Akira Kurosawas works, now that I read the reviews on "Akahige" aka "Redbeard" i must say: It should be a reference.
CEEJAY928
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by CEEJAY928 »

sorry about that.....

I had that same feeling. The Nordstroms (10 min. away) carries
Alden shoes, but no Indy boot. They couldn't order it for me.
:( it would have been perfect, since my fiancee works for
Nordstrom and during christmas, she gets 40% off anything (manager)
....... could have been sweet. oh well.

CJ
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

I would dig deeper CJ! If shes a manager I bet theres a way to get the 405 - Or at least get it wholesale from them, or the shop in SF. Its worth a call! I also got fitted at the SF store....the guy that helped me knew exactly why I was buying the boots.....Wasnt wearing my Wested though!

Cheers
CEEJAY928
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by CEEJAY928 »

Indiana James....
you got fitted at downtown nordstrom or alden's shop?
thanks.
CJ
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Woop, sorry - I got fitted at the shop in San Francisco...But I have worked in a store like Nords...!

regards
I J