Custom Indygear holster?

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Custom Indygear holster?

Post by Renderking Fisk »

Looking for someone to custom make me Indygear holster for a Ruger revolver I haven't bought yet.

Any ideas?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Yep

Post by Michaelson »

Check out El Paso Saddelery in El Paso Texas. They made me one for a Ruger Police Service Six about 20 years ago, and though the strap placement is in the wrong place, it works perfectly for me as an Indy holster. The company has been around since the late 1800's, and even made holsters for the likes of John Westley Hardin and Pat Garrit, to name two, so they've been in the business for a while. The model 1860 is the holster I'm speaking of, and their phone number is 915-544-2233. Regards. Michaelson
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Michaelson...

How do you do it? You amaze me.

If I give them the make of the gun, will they know what I'm talking about and have the mesurements on hand?

Sorry for pestering.
Rundquist
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Also

Post by Rundquist »

Lee Keppler could also probably do it. I've heard of him making them for Colts. Cheers
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

Yes, I would call Lee Kepler and see if he could do it. I'm sure he could because he has done other special orders.
Last edited by Magnum on Sat Jul 13, 2002 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Good to know, I'll get quotes from both.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

El paso saddlery

Post by Michaelson »

Yes, they will know, as they'll need to know the exact model and wll mold the holster to the exact model of your gun, and then will stamp the model number on the base of the holster. I also had one made for a Smith model 29 44 mag (that holster since given away to another fan who didn't have one) and their quality and workmanship is great. I'm hard on holsters, and mine is still up to the challenge. I wore it out to my kids mountain property last weekend with my Smith model 13 inside, and it performed as well as it did when I got it in 1982. Regards. Michaelson
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: El paso saddlery

Michaelson wrote:. I'm hard on holsters, and mine is still up to the challenge. I wore it out to my kids mountain property last weekend with my Smith model 13 inside, and it performed as well as it did when I got it in 1982. Regards. Michaelson
Good to know, I'm from the school of thought that the best way to break it in is to use it. Nothing I own is "just for show".