IS THIS AN ACCURATE RAIDERS STYLE HAT???

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

HANSOLOJONES
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

IS THIS AN ACCURATE RAIDERS STYLE HAT???

Post by HANSOLOJONES »

delete.
Last edited by HANSOLOJONES on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

The PBBM was made to re-create the LC fedora, specifically the Venice dock hat....not the Raiders fedora. That said, it comes closer to the LC hat than the Raiders fedora in color in both ribbon AND felt.

I should know too. (grins) :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
HANSOLOJONES
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HANSOLOJONES »

delete
Last edited by HANSOLOJONES on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

What, you think you have a hat named after you, Michaelson? :lol: :wink:

HSJ, I think it's a great looking Indy hat. It looks well worn and like it's been on many adventures. THAT, is what makes an Indy hat to me. As far as how Raiders it looks, it's a bit dificult for me to say without seeing several angles of the hat. The crown looks a tad tapered, but it could also be exaggerated from the camera angle. Personally, like how faded the ribbon looks.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Uh, yeah, bink, you KNOW it. :lol:

The problem you have in trying to make this a Raiders style is the crown is lower on the PBBM, making it perfect for the creation of the LC style. The Raiders crown is a bit taller. Your hat sort of leans in both directions, but at the same time lands in neither court either. :-k

As bink says, it's hard to tell much with the one photo you supplied. If you want the perfect example to go by to create an LC fedora, go BACK to the Peter's Bros site and look at their rotating image OF the PBBM styled in the LC Venice dock scene. The hat shown belongs to Sergei, but was based on MY hat which was the first one made by Joe Sr. when they first got those particular hats in from Borsalino.

I was (and still am) pleased and humbled that Joe decided to call this hat the "Michaelson". It was a fun project, and one of the very first soft felt Indy fedoras that came out on the market at the time it was introduced.

The one in my personal collection was purchased and given to me by members of this very forum, and is one of my most cherished Indy gear item that I personally own.

Regards! Michaelson
Ico
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Ico »

I don't know, in which movie was that cool hole in the brim? :lol:

I don't want to play experienced but a few minutes with steamer (or a day or so at nearest hatter) and you get any style you want. LC would be nice. Your current style is nice, too. :wink:
HANSOLOJONES
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HANSOLOJONES »

delete
Last edited by HANSOLOJONES on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Looking forward to seeing them! :D

HIGH regards! Michaelson
HANSOLOJONES
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HANSOLOJONES »

delete.
Last edited by HANSOLOJONES on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

the 2nd one is the better of the two but i have the Petersbrothers made by JP ( I like JP's work ) I was never really happy with the hat.
prairiejones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: In the damp jungles of Peru, drinking Dewar's with Pagey.

Post by prairiejones »

A bit of advice for your pics, step back. The picture in my avatar was taken from about fifteen feet away, then cropped. It gives a less distorted view of the hat.