Todd's costumes belts

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Mfisher
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Todd's costumes belts

Post by Mfisher »

I just ordered a leather gunbelt from Todd's costumes... I ordered the "deluxe version".. but wow.. this leather is rough around the edges... the belt is really coarse and cracked along the top and bottom edge... is this par for the course on their stuff.. or did I just get a bum belt ?
Technonut
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Technonut »

I would contact Todd, and arrange for an exchange. I have the deluxe gunbelt, and it is very good quality. Not rough at all...
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

the deluxe gunbelt is made of tooling leather which is quite rough and dry. i have the same belt and i've been meaning to throw some pecards on her. from what i hear, after the belt has been treated, it will feel and look alot better than what it is now.

now if you have the budget gunbelt, you will see that the belt can actually be stretched/deformed from use as the leather is purely for costume purposes.
Shawn
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Shawn »

Mine was the same. The tooling leather is dry and Todd mentioned he didn't want to treat it otherwise it could lead to staining pants. I appreciated that. I just used a small bit of Pecard's on both sides and let it soak 3 days and rubbed it all out. It helped the belt get some "give" in to it.
Technonut
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Technonut »

Hmmmmm.... I must have been lucky or something. Mine is pretty nice. I have not had to treat it.

Shawn
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Shawn »

it's mostly the back raw side that is rough. If you get it new and try to bend it it seems to splinter a bit. Or at least mine did before I treated it.
Last Crusader
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Last Crusader »

Apropos "gunbelt". Is IndyK´s site http://www.kentbovin.dk/gunbelt.htm no more?
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

I bought one of Todd's budget belts a while back. This after US Air lost my favorite Raiders gunbelt. It was from Old Navy, I put a metal keeper on it and let me tell you it was a spot on Raiders gunbelt. I loved that thing :cry: Anyway, I still have my Keppler, which is my favorite currently. So here's a little comparison pic I just took for the heck of it.

I like my Todd's belt a lot, I may give the deluxe a go around one of these days. After I recover from getting my jacket from Todd.
Technonut
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Technonut »

Shawn wrote:it's mostly the back raw side that is rough. If you get it new and try to bend it it seems to splinter a bit. Or at least mine did before I treated it.
OK, I get it now.... ;) I did not see any rough edges on mine, but it does look like the back would benefit from some Pecard..
Shawn
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Shawn »

Here is a shot of the budget and deluxe belts:
The deluxe is on the right.

Also a big difference is on the budget you can unsnap the belt to remove the buckle without damaging the belt itself. The deluxe is riveted together.

[/img]Image
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Last Crusader wrote:Apropos "gunbelt". Is IndyK´s site http://www.kentbovin.dk/gunbelt.htm no more?
IIRC he was going to sell the NH parts to Jakob Elbæk E. Pedersen for the upcoming AB leather gear store.
IndyK
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyK »

Last Crusader wrote:Apropos "gunbelt". Is IndyK´s site http://www.kentbovin.dk/gunbelt.htm no more?
No, I took it down to make room for the new iniativ from the Adventurebuilt Industri-Corporation & Society :D

Frankly, I was hoping they would be up and running long time ago, but the last I heard was that JEEP had a busy summer ahead of him.

Cheers Indy-K