Who's got a Bernie Wojcicki Indy whip?

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Mountaineer Lasher
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Finally back in the States, having taught North Korea a lesson with his bullwhip.

Who's got a Bernie Wojcicki Indy whip?

Post by Mountaineer Lasher »

I've been checking out Bernie Wojcicki's (of EM Brand Whips) Indy-style whips and really like them. Not only that, the price is very reasonable and his whips come with a WHOLE lot of little extras. So my question is, who's got one? Also, how do BW's whips compare to Bernardo's? What about Joe Strain's?

I really like that BW's have 3 bellies (4, 6, & 8 plaits, then the 12 [or other number]-plait outside). I've been thinking about getting a 10-foot Indy whip since the 455 Morgan was the most frequently carried in the films and is a 10-footer.

So... opinions? Reviews?
Boggstandard
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Boggstandard »

I am fortunate to have several EM brand whips, as well as Joe' Strains and Bernardo's. I believe Bernie's whips are among the best that I own.

In terms of overall quality, fit, and finish, Bernie does fine work and gives very good value for the money.

Bernardo does beautiful work and strives to do an accurate rendering of an Indy style whip. Joe Strain is in the top tier of whip makers; his work is superb.

You won't go wrong with any of the three.
-Boggs-
JAN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by JAN »

I´ve got a "Bernie"-whip as well, and from the summits I´ve attended
I can say that my 10ft is one of the loudest cracking whips I know of.

Besides that Bernie is very pleasant to deal with.

http://www.indianajones.dk/Webside/Bill ... r/Whip.htm

Best regards

JAN
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

I owned one a few years back - great piece of kit, very well made and top quality.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Ditto to what has been said above. I got a 6-foot, 12-plait EM Indy-style bullwhip back in 2005, and it is fantastically made. Tight, smooth plaiting, cracks like thunder, etc. Bernie also makes special handle-lengths to order, and he is a pleasure to do business with. The only qualm is that the turkshead knot at the base of the handle isn't quite as large as the Morgans. Otherwise, a spectacular value for your money. :-)
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Cromeens »

I've got an 8ft. EM Indywhip, its been very good to me. Bernie's customer service is excellent as well. However, when I ordered my whip He was on a month wait. Both my Joe Strains that I've ordered came in a week. The plaiting is tighter on a strain whip, the knot is also larger. The handle of an EM whip is longer on the other hand. My camera is broken right now, but if I get mine back soon enough I'll take some comparison pics for ya ML
WhipDude
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by WhipDude »

The handle may be longer, but thats not a problem really. Strain could easily give ya a handle of your choice.