celebrity AB?

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

slowdevil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

celebrity AB?

Post by slowdevil »

Sorry I couldn't find the original thread, but check out this pic of Colin Farrell on page 11 of the April issue of Playboy. This looks like a Raiders block to me. Could this be Fedora's celebrity client?

Justin

whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

I can't remember the specifics, but didn't Fedora say it would be a silverbelly fedora? The brim looks a little narrow too - but then you never know..
Fedoraman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: celebrity AB?

Post by Fedoraman »

slowdevil wrote: Image
There is a hat in that photo???

Carmen Electra....GRRRRR!!!! :shock: :P
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

Are you guys blind? That hat is obviously brown, they must be in a Clipper or something. :roll:
Last Crusader
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Last Crusader »

The last thread about this topic has been deleted after I posted a pic of Neil Young. At least it was gone the next time I watched. Don´t know if this has anything to do with it.
Anyway, I´ll give it annother try. This is my guess:

agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

There's a hat in that pic?
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

now that's funny agent5!!!! :lol:
slowdevil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by slowdevil »

Fedoraman wrote:

Carmen Electra....GRRRRR!!!! :shock: :P
Agreed. I didn't make a very good copy of this photo. In the magazine, it really looks more brown.

Justin
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

Neither of those look raiders like at all.
I have a feeling this thread will be gone very soon...
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Not sure why you guys keep posting that. :?

The last one was locked by Mike when he said that Steve told us he would not tell who the individual was unless the individual gave him permission to do so, so the entire string was all just supposition and conjecture.

If the post is gone, it was deleted when the fedora section was last cleaned out by the moderator of the fedora section, as it did nothing but take up server space.

Otherwise, we could really care less...that is, unless things are in really bad taste, and you KNOW those will be nuked immediately. Same with any comments made in that are in bad taste. I hope you folks KNOW better than to do that. I personally expect a bit higher level of discussion from our group when it comes to things like this.

Now if you are TRYING to get this one deleted, have at it....you know the boundaries again. Lock and load..... :lol:

Regard! Michaelson
slowdevil
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by slowdevil »

Well, I guess I will know better than to try to start a discussion in the future.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

What prompted that response, slowdevil? :-s

You can discuss this to your hearts content, and it has BEEN discussed on several occations....but until Fedora answers the question, it's all supposition, and will remain so.

MY post addressed the practice of moving AWAY from the 'discussion' and over toward the shady side of the tracks. That's what gets things deleted or moved.

Michaelson
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

And I can't answer it. A promise is a promise. But, with that said, the guy has never worn the hat at a photo op. He must have not liked it is all I can say. :cry: Doesn't do much for my ego either. The hat was silverbelly, narrow khaki ribbon if I recall correctly. And matching wind trolley. Tall crowned, 5 3/4 and very, very soft. I copied an early Borsa that I had pics of. 2 7/8 brim.

Regardless the guy wasn't that pleasant in correspondance. Seemed sorta quirky to me. He never wanted another one so that pretty much tells me what he thought of the hat. :lol: I spent more time on that hat than I have ever spent making a hat. Never again. Just not worth the sweat and worry trying to please someone famous.

On the other hand, the one I did for my fav guitar player was loved by the guy. And that makes up for the other one. :lol:

Any new orders from film celebs will be forwarded to that infamous hatter some of us know about. I don't have the time to worry with these guys. And he needs the business or so I hear. Fedora
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Fedora wrote:The hat was silverbelly, narrow khaki ribbon if I recall correctly. And matching wind trolley. Tall crowned, 5 3/4 and very, very soft. I copied an early Borsa that I had pics of. 2 7/8 brim.
Fedora
Well, if you ever get a wild hair to duplicate this one in my size, you know my mailing address. Sounds right up my alley!! :D :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Fedora wrote:Any new orders from film celebs will be forwarded to that infamous hatter some of us know about. I don't have the time to worry with these guys. And he needs the business or so I hear. Fedora
Oh, you don't have to give up on celebrity orders! Next time just don't worry so much, and treat it like a normal hat order.

You never know when a celeb will really love your hat and put in a good word with somebody even more important!

In Christ,
Shane
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

So I guess none of us are allowed to become celebs if we want to have access to the AB, right? :wink:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i guess i better stop signing autographs then............. :lol:
greatgarlando
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by greatgarlando »

webhead73 wrote:You read it just for the articles , right?... 8)
I just look at the photos. :twisted:
Indiana Blooze
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Blooze »

Hey Steve,
If it will make you feel any better, I used to have a regular guest spot on a childrens television show, broadcast worldwide via satelite, about 15 years ago. Oh yeah, and I love my AB and my AB Deluxe, (can't forget about Marc either :wink: )
shadwell55
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

speaking of clebrity fedoras

Post by shadwell55 »

Guys, apologies if this is old news to you all. But I have been out of pocket for some time and unable to read posts or post myself. What ever happened to Fedora's possible film connection with the Indy 4 project? Last I heard, he was doing something, but couldn;t say and then that thread (whcih I cannot recall or I would have done a search) was locked.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Don't bother asking cuz you won't get an answer. Steve is sworn to secrecy either way. Just gotta wait until May 2008.
rcinlv
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by rcinlv »

But we can hope!!!! Though I'm sure Fedora doesn't want the added stress of having to produce the myriad hats required for the film project. However, he is involved with the HJ Magnoli project, and Marc is doing HJ Raiders hats. Perhaps together... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep smiling,

RC[/i]
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

greatgarlando wrote:
webhead73 wrote:You read it just for the articles , right?... 8)
I just look at the photos. :twisted:
What photos? There's more articles than pics in Playboy. :lol:
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

What photos? There's more articles than pics in Playboy. :lol:
There's articles AND pics in Playboy? I just read it for the advertisements.

Oh, and one more thing...

Michaelson! Grrr....

Steve, we will abide, and wait it out. God bless and good work, master craftsman. ;)

J
Last edited by Indiana Jerry on Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Indiana Jerry wrote:
Oh, and one more thing...

Michaelson! Grrr....

J
Well, ok....right back at you, with teeth showing. :mrgreen:

Regard! Michaelson