Introduction

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

swright007
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Introduction

Post by swright007 »

Hi, I'm Scott Wright from Hot Springs, Arkansas USA. I have already started an Indy collection. I picked up a Temple of Doom fedora and am currently looking into Wested Leather for a TOD jacket. I look forward to getting to know all the nice folks on this site.

Scott Wright
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

welcome aboard scott! nice pick on which movie to base getting gear for :D
Indiana Max
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Max »

Welcome to COW, you´ll enjoy it here :wink:
swright007
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by swright007 »

Thank you G and Max. I have really enjoyed what I have seen so far. My hat is an "Cliffhanger" from Baron Hats. I haven't seen many on here that have mentioned them but I really enjoy mine. The colors are very close (and I have taken many a screen capture just to be sure).

I would really love some feedback or links to topics I haven't seen about the Wested jacket and tips on what liner to have them put in it, etc... Thanks again for the warm welcome.
CarolinaQuirk
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by CarolinaQuirk »

Welcome Scott! You won't find a more wonderful hive of wit and intellegence in the gear world then here! I've had a Raiders Wested myself for about a year and am in love with it. Everytime I wear it I get complements from people who guess I paid $1,000 or more for it. Hehe, joke's on them (Thanks to Peter)!
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

FRESH MEAT! Um, I mean, welcome aboard! :wink:
darthjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by darthjones »

Y'ever have chicken and waffles? This chik the other day took me to some place called Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

HIGHLY recommended.
Fedoraman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fedoraman »

Post up some pics of your "Cliffhanger" - that will get you all the feedback you could ever want.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i'd love to see your baron hat as well. i looked into this hat a while back and it looked to me to be a raiders/tod hybrid. alot of folks here love the raiders hat with the straight sides and the tight front pinch. i've seen pics of this hat with a raiders bash put into it but it didn't seem to sit quite well with the screen accurate junkies. i haven't seen it as it is meant to be....a TOD hat.

i was almost going to get this hat as they had links to the TOD movie....though nothing confirmed as to the hat showing up on screen. for the money and the wait, it was just too much for me as i also did not like the ribbon (black ribbon as opposed to a dark brown...and it was a little wider than the standard HJ ribbon). perhaps they managed to perfect these ribbon issues?
NRay1
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student
Location: Upriver in THE HEART OF DARKNESS, commonly called Southeast Missouri

Post by NRay1 »

Welcome to the forum! Besides finding lots of great stuff on Indy-related topics, with a name like Club Obi Wan, your friends and relatives will think that you are involved in an innocent Star Wars site. They will never realize that you are associating with rough, tough, course, bar-fighting Indiana Jones fans. :wink:
Once again, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Fedoraman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Fedoraman »

NRay1 wrote:...you are associating with rough, tough, course, bar-fighting Indiana Jones fans. :wink:
Once again, welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Cape Girardeau eh, NRay1? Do you know Rush? :wink:
NRay1
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student
Location: Upriver in THE HEART OF DARKNESS, commonly called Southeast Missouri

Post by NRay1 »

Cape Girardeau eh, NRay1? Do you know Rush?
Who? Just kidding. Yes, I do live in Cape and I do know a few people that are friends of his, but I've never even seen him in person.