If you were sized at Wested, please reply

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

If you were sized at Wested, please reply

Post by Jack Flanders »

I'm curious to know if there was a difference between what your chest was measured at and the chest measurement of your jacket. Example: were you measured at 42" and given a 42? Or a 43 or 44, etc.?
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Found this old post, but I was wondering the same thing
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

I was measured by Peter at The Queen Mary. I am a 42 and he wrote down a 44. However, it's always best to consult Peter or one of the good folks at Wested directly. :wink:
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

Hemingway Jones wrote:I was measured by Peter at The Queen Mary. I am a 42 and he wrote down a 44. However, it's always best to consult Peter or one of the good folks at Wested directly. :wink:
Out of curiousity, were you being measured for an 80s fit? I'm a little puzzled since I've read that Wested's sizes tend to run large. So to add 2 extra inches to a jacket that's already big...?
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Castor Dioscuri wrote:
Hemingway Jones wrote:I was measured by Peter at The Queen Mary. I am a 42 and he wrote down a 44. However, it's always best to consult Peter or one of the good folks at Wested directly. :wink:
Out of curiousity, were you being measured for an 80s fit? I'm a little puzzled since I've read that Wested's sizes tend to run large. So to add 2 extra inches to a jacket that's already big...?
He also wrote "Slim fit" on the order form. How that compares with 80s fit I do not know. It was for my HH of which there are pictures posted here and I can say with confidence, the fit is perfect. :wink:
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

Okay, I'm portly. Not built like Indy at all. I measured my chest and it came out 44. I wear 44 short suit coats. The jacket I got from Wested was marked 44 but was at least a 46. It had so much material in it that it looked like a Bat Cape when I raised my arms. Needless to say, I paid through the nose to send it back and forth again. I guess I got a different jacket because it was marked 42. I think he might try too hard to second-guess what will fit you, because my biggest problem with the new jacket (which I kept and have been wearing for several years) is it's a little short-waisted, even for me. Still, I'm in the long drawn-out process of losing weight, so we'll see how it hangs after 20 more pounds. This was particularly bad because it was supposed to be a TD to start with which is 1" longer than a Raiders. Mine is in natural lamb, and at first I didn't wear it much, not wanting to hurt it. Now I wear it most of the year, and it's starting to finally show wear. If I could change anything on it, I would make the zipper standard American and have it 1" longer at the waist. I have the satin lining which is extremely comfortable and easy-wearing, but I believe the cotton lining makes the coat hang better.