Peter - please read. (Wested appreciation thread)

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Peter - please read. (Wested appreciation thread)

Post by agent5 »

Peter,
I am a bit puzzled by your lack of response to customer concerns at Wested. I feel that Wested gets more than a fair shake around here. I would go so far as to say that with your active participation within the group, the product you put out and your involvement in the movies themselves puts Wested at the #1 vendor spot here at COW. I think by using logic most members will completely agree with that statement.

I've purchased five jackets from you in the past. I placed 3 of those orders with you over the phone personally. Each and every time you gave me as much time as I needed to get my order correct and did not rush me to get off the phone in ANY way whatsoever. You and everyone I've ever dealt with at Wested have been nothing short of charming and exceptional people. If you read what others have said about you in the past after speaking to you or meeting you or any Wested employee in person, you'll find those sentiments echoed.

I feel that since you have chosed to join in on some of our conversations here, opened your doors at Wested to many of us and even taken the opportunity to break bread with fellow members on the Queen Mary that you are more than just a vendor here. There are many here who would call you a personal friend and possibly even a mentor. You are part of the bigger picture...the permanent family here at COW. Old school. Family. That's how we see it.

This is why I find it unsettling that you are being shown that there are quality control issues as of late and not only as customers, but as friends, we'd hope that you'd take this not as an attack on yourself or your business, but a major concern of ours as longtime associates and friends within the community. These are legitimate concerns, not just a gripe session aimed at flawing you or your business.

You wrote:
Last Year I sent out more than 2000 indy jackets with many complimentary replies unfortunately they rarely reach the COW only the complaints.
Peter, if you read almost all of the posts as I do I think you'll find this to just not be true. In fact, it's almost the opposite from what I read. There are many here who can vouch that I used to get sick and tired of all the same posts of people who want to show off their new Westeds. I found it rather redundant since almost all of them look alike. But people here are so proud and happy to receive them that they want to post them...to show everyone. Even when someone at Wested overlooks some hardware placed on an order and a member doesn't get their order 100% you still see members saying that they're so satisfied with the jacket anyways that it doesn't bother them.

The fact is Peter, that you and your company have been making ALOT more people happy here at COW over the last decade than you may be taking credit for. Perhaps you should go back and read some of the posts for yourself going back years, of all the satisfied and happy customers who after many years of wanting, finally got the Indy jacket they've always wanted.

What this is is not an attack against you, but instead your fanbase reaching out to you not only as a vendor, but as a friend that we have legitimate concerns. We have no idea what's going on so we have to ask you but it seems all it does is get you upset, which nobody wants and will get us nowhere.

So, how do we address our concerns to you?

We're just trying to reach out so that you understand that there is something wrong. We as a group would like to help you so we can all figure out how to get past these concerns so that things continually run smooth. There is a gap in communication on some level, whether it be when the order is being placed or when the jacket is being made. There are simple things that are being overlooked such as the wrong color or styled hardware. There are only two ways I can see this to go wrong. Either the person writing up the order sheet does not write down the order correctly or the person installing them overlooks the information on the order sheet. Either way, I'm sure you'd agree that it is something which you can take into account and see that things of this nature do not get overlooked from this point on. There has to be a system to prevent this from happening.

I know that you have a high volume of orders and that it must be stressful at some point or maybe all points, I don't know. 2000 jackets is sure alot for one year. That's just over 5 jackets a day. Alot of paperwork and alot of cutting and stitching. I think we can all understand that and can definitely empathize with that fact. But the other fact remains, that people are still getting orders in which simple things are being overlooked.

I think I can speak for the majority that we are just looking for a way to make these concerns heard and acknowledged instead of ignored and without making you angry about it, which seems to continually be the end result whenever quality control becomes an issue. To be fair, things of this nature have been going on now for years but because people are so excited to get the jacket they are no longer concerned they got D-Rings instead of sliders even though they placed the order with you personally. Recently though, it seems to have gotten to a point where we were seeing posts of new jackets where many simple items were being overlooked on orders, mainly hardware.

I know sometimes we're a tough bunch and I'm sure at times, a bit unnerving. Still, Wested has been at it so long and I feel you are (and I think I speak for the majority here) all fully capable of handling any and all of the mods associted with the jacket. After all, you invented it and have shown yourselves to be professional craftsman. Still, I can understand possible frustration from a picky bunch such as ourselves.

The bottom line, Peter, is that we just want to be taken seriously. I think for our group as a whole, as loyal customers for the past decade we deserve that. The first step is for you to take us seriously and investigate where simple things on the orders are being overlooked. I'm sure if you needed help from any of your fans you would be overloaded with requests to help you if need be. That's how we are here. There are MANY here who are loyal to Wested and have stayed that way since day one. Please do the right thing and take us seriously. I'm sure there is some way we can all work out everyones concerns with little effort. The first step is listening and communication.

You are family here and so is Wested. I think I speak for the majority again in saying that we'd like it to stay that way as long as God will allow.

Peter, I just hope you understand how valuable you are to our community and that you are loved and respected. We simply want that in return, my friend. Please, show us the courtesy. You've made my dreams come true in the Indy jacket and I hope you will continue to do the same for future members. Yes, it's only a jacket, but one has to realize it means alot more to some than others. It means alot to me.

God bless - Jason.

Mods, I thought the other closed threads were getting negatively out of hand a bit so I wanted to throw as much positive light on this subject as much as possible since I'm sure I'm not the only one who takes this seriously.

Now, I'd like as many of you who love your Wested(s), have respect for Peter and have had those positive experiences to voice them here. If Peter thinks we don't appreciate him, lets let him know we do! We don't need any long, drawn out stories, but just a thank you and an appreciation for giving us the business for so long and making some of our dreams come true. I'm sure if this doesn't get immediately closed down it will if any of you continue to negatively gripe, so please can it. This thread is not intended to be a gripe session..think of it as a love session. To come to an understanding through positive communication, not to continue other closed threads.
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

Thank You Peter. Never a complaint from me. :tup:
St. Dumas
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by St. Dumas »

Between my Dad and myself, we've ordered four Wested jackets from Peter and had no quality control problems at all. The jackets we received are top quality and fine-fitting, and with no middle-man, the price is extremely good. As far as I'm concerned, most of the "problems" I've read about on this forum were due to multiple customization instructions to Wested, requested changes in mid-production and unreasonable expectations based on obsessive minutiae about things like pocket sizes, strap configuration and zipper colour. If potential customers aren't satisfied with the way Peter makes his jacket, there are now several manufacturers who can provide knock-offs of varying quality based on ... wait for it ... Peter's jackets. I'm personally not looking forward to the day when Peter decides to retire.

SD
Last edited by St. Dumas on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

This jacket has always been more than a garment to me. It was a symbol, an artifact.

Thank you Peter for making it available. I trust you understand that you are not just selling jackets, you make people happy. After all these years of waiting, the joy of owning this jacket is overwhelming...

And don't worry about the few complaints. I always thought that through criticism from others one can achieve self-improvement.

We may have our complaints sometimes, but above all, we love you.
JulianK
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JulianK »

I'm a relative 'new guy' here so take this for whatever you will. Even after reading all (and I do mean all) the threads about the Indy jacket, I would still rather put my faith in Wested than go with anyone else for my first and hopefully at least second jacket. Any correspondence I've had with Wested (i.e. Gemma) has been courteous and very helpful. I have no doubt in my mind that when I do take the plunge, it will be a great experience.

P.S. Please find more goat (sorry, couldn't resist)! :)
spiridon
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by spiridon »

I have scarcely taken my new Wested HH off since it arrived!! The more I wear it, the more I like it........and appreciate it!!!! :D :D
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

You know I'm one of your biggest fans. :).

If you want anyone to bounce spec's off or to act as devil's advocate - you know where to get hold of me.
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

I've purchased 2 Westeds from Peter, never having a problem with either one. Can I see an example of how Peter is not taking someone seriously? Did I miss something?

Cheers to Peter and Wested...

Rich
Arkansas Smith
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Arkansas Smith »

You're too good to be true for an Indy fan, please know you're appreciated.

Arkansas Smith
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Well written, agent5, and TOTALLY agreed with.

There are hundreds of satisifed customers of Wested Leather, and that doesn't come from luck. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Regards! Michaelson
Last edited by Michaelson on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Can I see an example of how Peter is not taking someone seriously? Did I miss something?
This thread is the end result of many other threads, although I did not want to bring individual attention to any of them here in this thread.
There are hundreds of satisifed customers of Wested Leather, and that doesn't come from luck.
True. Very true. However, at 2000 jackets produced last year alone I think we'd have to say it's more in the thousands who are satisfied.

Can you believe it, Michaelson...ME trying to mediate?!
Last edited by agent5 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
K on the run
Vendor

Post by K on the run »

I have ordered and received two Wested jackets, both with special requests, and they were perfect :tup: I have only received top service from Perter and Wested Leather. I'll never buy Indy jackets from any other supplier.
THERE IS ONLY ONE GENUINE INDY JACKET.... AND IT'S A WESTED!!

Best regards,
Kim
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

agent5 wrote:Can you believe it, Michaelson...ME trying to mediate?!
Actually.....yes. You're old school too. :D

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i have to speak out about a gripe i have with wested.....i know we're suppose to be nice and all on this thread but i just can't contain myself anymore......my gripe is I CAN'T STOP BUYING YOUR JACKETS!!!! its killing my bank account :lol:

in all seriousness Peter/Gemma, my latest TOD jacket which i am wearing right now as i speak, is by far my favourate out of the 3 that i purchased from wested. i corresponded with Gemma on this as it was a custom order and i couldn't be happier with the cut and fit of the final product. i wish you guys and wested much success in the future and i look forward to purchasing either a LC or indy 4 jacket down the road!

cheers wested!
Farnham54
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Farnham54 »

On my second Wested, measured and ordered at the QM. My only complaint before this one is that the last one didn't have some sort of theft alarm :D; it was stolen from me in a bar.

Peter is one of the most cordial businessmen to deal with, and a #### of a cool guy to chat too socially. I love my jacket and wear it almost daily, though Canuck winters make it harder ;). Hat's off to you, Peter.

Cheers
Craig
coronado3
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by coronado3 »

Wested ROCKS!

I sure do love mine - It's a Raiders auth. lamb. It is cool in warm temps and blocks the cold chill in the cold weather. This winter, I am wearing it with a Patagonia fleece vest and could not be more comfortable! I wont wear a bulky winter coat again!

It is also starting to naturally distress beautifully!

Peter: keep up the good work!

Coronado

PS. the euro zipper is cool as well! :tup:
Indiana Johnson
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Johnson »

I am a bit new to this Indy Gear collecting hobby, so I know I don't count for much. Having the garment made by the original manufacturer is not so important to me. I own Aldens, but my pants are Platon's Paris pants, and I've ordered an Adventurebilt hat instead of the HJ.

But right now I am saving my money for my leather jacket, and it will be a Wested. There is no other manufacturer I want when it comes to the jacket. I do plan to order Goat if it is available, if not then horsehide. Peter, I have faith in you to make the best possible product. Why? Because of the hundreds of positive comments I have read on this forum.

Cheers to you, and please continue to offer this dream come true.
-Johnson
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Indiana Johnson wrote:I am a bit new to this Indy Gear collecting hobby, so I know I don't count for much.
-Johnson
Not true at all, Indiana Johnson!! Your comments and opinions carry as much weight as the most seasoned veteran around here, so get that out of your head. Glad you're here!! :D

HIGH regards! Michaelson
GCR
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by GCR »

I have owned 2 Wested jackets since 1999. Both were made exactly to my specifications. Both were outstanding in terms of quality and workmanship. Both held up quite well to regular wear and tear. I have since sold the older jacket to another member here, but continue to wear and love my current Wested jacket and all the history that comes with it and the Wested name. And while I may buy other Indy jackets from other makers in the future (variety is the spice of life, isn't it?), Wested will always be my first choice. In short, I will never stop buying from Wested. (I'm already saving up for the new ROTLA jacket!) You have a customer for life in me.

-GCR
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Farnham54 wrote: I love my jacket and wear it almost daily, though Canuck winters make it harder ;).
Farn,

That's why I have a cowhide for October thru April, and the lambskin from April to Oct.!!

Even in -27, I have on an undershirt, Cabelas safari, and my trusted pre-D cowhide Wested!
Redinight
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Redinight »

I have not had the distinct pleasure in reveiwing a jacket. I really want that opportunity. I just need a little more time to study the jacket and make final decisions, it won't be like ordering a Wings jacket. I hope that opportunity still exists for me in the future.

I know we are very picky, and silly, put this is our passion. This hobby, as with all prop replication and costuming has high priority on accuracy. That is the nature of the hobby. And as Indy gear fans we are lucky to still have the opportunity to purchase these items from the original manufacturer. Sometimes we forget that they make shoes, hats, coats, and jackets for ordinary citizens that just want quality products, they don't even recognize that these companies have contributed to film history.

I don't want to loose what we have. We are so lucky to have a the chance to customize the jacket to tastes. We also get quality products, but more importantly we have a freindly, caring, and idependant manfacturer who knows his business and product through and through. This artisan, Peter, is something rare in the modern world. I would hate for this relationship to fade away...
Last Crusader
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Last Crusader »

I never had any problems with Wested. I have my Wested (goat) for over two years now and it looks better every day. I really love the Wested Indy jacket. I´ve allways worn my A-2s as my "mainjacket" until I got my Wested.
And thanks to Gemma who had the patience to change my order three(!) times on one day.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

K on the run wrote:I have only received top service from Perter and Wested Leather. I'll never buy Indy jackets from any other supplier.
THERE IS ONLY ONE GENUINE INDY JACKET.... AND IT'S A WESTED!!
Amen to that, K!

I just got my Raiders Auth. Lamb last year, and I love it!! I'm hoping to get a Dark Brown Goat in the future, and I'm lookin forward to it.

The service I got was also awesome, and very prompt. Thanks a bunch, and again, looking forward to more business with you guys!

In Christ,
Shane
rebelgtp
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rebelgtp »

i have to say Peter that probably my favorite jacket i have EVER owned is my wested horse hide! i have other leather jackets but they just don't stack up to my wested
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

You can ask anyone that knows me and they are sick and tired of hearing about my jacket! I have been telling everyone I know how great it is since I recieved it in the mail. I am a collector of leather jackets and I feel bad for my other jackets because since getting my wested they have all been in the closet. As soon as I got my jacket I knew I would have to order another one so I have started saving money so I can order another.

I feel that I recevied top service from both Peter and Wested and I look forward to doing business with wested again in the future.
Curator Rick
Scoundrel
Location: Warehouse 53,searching for my artifact. D.B.S.S.W.D.D.

Post by Curator Rick »

I LOVE MY WESTED!!!!!! No complaints here (and you'll never hear one from me either)and I wear it every day to the museum. It is a GREAT privilege to own one and as close as I'll ever get to the real thing (screen used that is) :wink:

CR
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

I've ordered three Westeds since joining COW, and never once had a problem with any of them. They were all fantastic jackets, and I loved each and every one of them. Thank you, Peter, for all that you do for this community, and the Indy fan community in general. It is so rare to see someone who was involved in production of such movies reach out to be friends and aquaintances with the fans, not to mention spending personal time with them (summits, etc.).

I am with Agent5, you are loved and respected 'round these parts, old friend. The joint just wouldn't be the same without you.

Best,
Tuck
WinstonWolf359
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by WinstonWolf359 »

I've been an Indy fan since that first summer back in '81 where I spent 21 afternoons watching Raiders, loving every minute of it.

When I got into collecting prop replicas back in 1999 I did some digging around and I was shocked and amazed that THE original jacket maker was making THE Indiana Jones jacket, and to top it all off it didn't cost a fortune.

Last year I finally decided to jump in on Indy prop collecting full time, and my number one goal was to finally have THE jacket, not just as a costume piece for my collection, but to have to wear on my own adventures.

After looking over all of my options, talking to people I respected to get some advice, and watching the films again, for research, of course, I finally made the decision on a dark brown lamb TOD jacket. It was the first custom-made piece of clothing I'd ever ordered before, so of course I was a little nervous, but after getting the package off of my doorstep and trying it on all of my fears were put to rest.

The jacket was EVERYTHING I had hoped it would be. It fit perfectly, all of the details I had asked for were just as I'd ordered, and it was finally my own Indiana Jones jacket, just like I'd wanted since I was seven, watching Indy on the big screen over and over again.

Thanks to Peter and everyone else at Wested for making my dreams come true.
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Peter: My Wested Indy Jackets are some of my most favoirte leather jackets. Let's see....I have six leather jackets and five are Wested! Wow, I guess that makes you number one! Love 'em all especially the HH....I think I was one of the first for the HH. They really are great and so are you and staff there! Take good care! W>
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

Meeting Peter and Pam at the last European summit in Hamburg was a blast!!! I can say nothing but good things about them both from a personal and businessrelated point of view. They have my highest respect and admiration for even takin' the plunge and try to please us picky bunch (I believe I know what I'm talking about).

Thanks for being around Peter! And please forward kind regards to Pam!

High regards,

Marc Kitter

The Adventurebilt Hat Co.
geo
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by geo »

Wested is a superior quality jacket, and a bargain for the price. (I have lamb). Mine is an unmodified off-the-rack size, and it fits perfectly. It's a very well made jacket, and it's easy to spot that by the way the collar stands. The collar is soft and stands naturally, like a shirt's collar. Many lower-quality leather jackets have stiff collars that stand away from the neck, as if the wearer forgot to remove the clothes hanger from inside the jacket.

As for Peter not responding, I assume he's busy making jackets. They're filming Indy 4 this summer. remember?
JAN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by JAN »

As for me, I can only quote K on the Run:

"I have ordered and received two Wested jackets, both with special requests, and they were perfect I have only received top service from Perter and Wested Leather. I'll never buy Indy jackets from any other supplier.
THERE IS ONLY ONE GENUINE INDY JACKET.... AND IT'S A WESTED!! "

No doubt!

Best regards

JAN
PETER
Vendor

Post by PETER »

Well, what can I say, you make me feel very humble and like a grumpy old man who moans about every thing.
I know that some things have not been done as requested, the damage to my eye before xmas and the long healing process has really got me at an all time low resulting in a 'that will do' and 'what do they expect blood' attitude which rubs off on the staff.
Imagine being told not to use the computer or drive your car for 3 months, I am but I should'nt.
However ths has really perked me up, well done and thank you all especially Agent 5 who must have crystal ball.
As a thank you and as a teaser try looking at
www.indyjacket.co.uk/new/new see the new predistressed lambskin that I have in work and I will need Beta testers for.
NO at this time I am not involved in Indy 4. but am working on my ROLA Screen Jacket.
Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou.
I love you all and am proud to be a member
Cheers
Peter
:clap:
Ripper
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Ripper »

Very nice ! Im liking that predistressed lambskin ! Your a class act ! Best wishes to you and your family Peter !
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Whoa whoa - are you saying this is what my lamb will look like in 10 years?
http://www.indyjacket.co.uk/new/new/index.5.jpg

Just kidding - the new Pre-D Lamb looks really nice though - Very nice! What sort of treatment do you use to do that to your jackets?

I'm glad you're a member here too, Peter! Thanks for being so supportive of the hobby and all of us nit-picky members!!

In Christ,
Shane
Lord_Clarence
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Lord_Clarence »

I just adore my Wested lamb. It was quite the buildup to purchase; the specs were sitting on the fridge for a long time as I bided my time. My S.O. never got the hint, but eventually the purchase was made, and the jacket was and is still perfect.

Just getting some nice wear in it now, a couple years on, and I couldn't be happier with it. I've been stopped and complimented on it by complete strangers more than once. I look forward to surprising my father-in-law with one someday, as he is a huge Indy fan too.

Most cordially and with many thanks to Peter for contributing so much to the community,
Lord Clarence
whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

I like the look of that "worn" hide a lot - I just wish it was darker! I've always preferred the dark brown to authentic brown - perhaps a dark version could be offered too?
GCR
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by GCR »

whiskyman wrote:I like the look of that "worn" hide a lot - I just wish it was darker! I've always preferred the dark brown to authentic brown - perhaps a dark version could be offered too?
I'll echo that sentiment. I like it, :tup: but wish it were a bit darker. Of course, it could be partially due to lighting conditions in the shop or something. But still, I'd love to see a nice comparison shot of the dark brown, authentic and the "worn" all side by side to get an idea of how they compare.

-GCR
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

The predistressed lambskin has me stressed! I was going to order a regular dark brown lamb next, but now I can't decide!!! Oh, the humanity!!! ](*,)

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, let me just say that my Wested is my favorite jacket. Period. End of Story. Was there a mistake... yes, one. I won't say what it was, but I asked for a lot and the goof was the least important thing to me. We all make mistakes. As long as I know that Wested is doing right by the customers, I'll be counted amoung them! :clap:
Chewie
IndianaGuybrush
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndianaGuybrush »

I absolutely love my Wested, and the fact that it was measured for me by the man himself, and that I WON it at the QM, makes it all the more special to me.
Mike Bolton
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Mike Bolton »

I'd like to say that the Wested jackets I've ordered have been very high quality, and have been very satisfying, and I wouldn't hesistate to purchase another, when I can afford it.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

my wested goat has only gotten better since day 1. All the specifications were full filled, and the jacket feels great. I look at other leather jackets i see on people and laugh knowing how much better and more affordable Peter has made these for us. I cant wait to have enough again to get a lambskin version, because now i realize how nice lamb is and i just have to get it !

My only concern with my jacket and reason for wanting a 2nd is the non scalloped pockets. I know thats a nitpick with detail, and has been talked about alot before. My issue is that as a newbie when i bought my jacket, the photos on your wested indy page show the jacket pockets very scallopped like indy's are. Not until having my jacket for a while and finally realizing the pockets should be scalloped did i get upset. I know its easier to just cut the flap to more of a point then to round it out for the correct shape. But if your picture on your site has the pockets correctly done, we too should be getting them scalloped always. Ive seen jackets vary alot in the pockets, some asked specifially for it, some didnt and just happened to get them correctly done. My jacket just feels less indy looking to me seeing the distinctive pocket flaps done wrong.

That would be my only issue as far as quality details go. Otherwise i couldnt be more happy! :D
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

www.indyjacket.co.uk/new/new see the new predistressed lambskin that I have in work and I will need Beta testers for.
Now we gotta buy that one too!
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

I also have a Wested goat, Raiders,...that just gets better and better the more I wear it,..and I wear it alot. All winter long, I basically wear it over a hooded sweatshirt, and I'm good to go. It's starting to wrinkle up nicely, and wearing in perfectly. I got it in a trade with Shawnkara, and it was one of the best trades ever. It was basically new when I got it, just had the sheen removed by Shawn.

Peter, this one is a winner, and a keeper! Keep up the great work. :tup:
'Blues
Wrightknife
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Wrightknife »

Peter,

I haven't signed in to COW for quite some time since I moved. That being said, I really couldn't go without posting on this thread. I can say without a doubt that the Indy purchase that caused the most excitement AND has seen the most use in my day to day life was my Wested. It is absolutely wonderful! My initial inquiry as well as my ordering experience was without blemish and Gemma was great to work with.

Please keep up the great work. Thanks again! :D :D
gobo
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by gobo »

Yesterday I took a steel brush to my Wested and gave it a light distressing in a few strategic areas, mostly around the seams. I always intended to let it distress naturally, but after two years of daily use, it still looked brand new. I've never owned such a durable piece of clothing in my life.
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

I own one Wested Jacket , which is a TOD style Horsehide Jacket. I've had it for about eight months now and it's one of my favorite jackets. Thanks Peter for the excellent work, and I'll definatly be back.

IndianaRedmon
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

However this has really perked me up, well done and thank you all especially Agent 5 who must have crystal ball.
No problem at all, Peter and no need to thank me. Of course, if you consider using me as a Beta tester for this new jacket and hide, I'd be the one thanking you. :wink: Shoot me a pm if I can help!
Castor Dioscuri
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Castor Dioscuri »

PETER wrote:As a thank you and as a teaser try looking at
NO at this time I am not involved in Indy 4. but am working on my ROLA Screen Jacket.
Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou.
I love you all and am proud to be a member
Cheers
Peter
:clap:
After ordering a horsehide, and a LC lamb, I've really got to get this new ROLA lamb! Put me down for one! ;)
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

I must say I've been quite happy with the quality of all my Wested leather jackets (4). Peter measured me at the QM and I lost the measurements, so my only regret is that I never got to place the order. Now it's a matter of getting to England to visit the man and get that jacket ordered.