Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

PLATON wrote:I wear 40R they fit you?
I never can find a 40 on ebay.
They always have 42s.

I heard a story from Indiana Ken I think that he put a 42 in the washing machine and it shrank to 40. Is it true?
Platon send them to me they'll fit fine! :) And a pair of your trousers too whilst you're at it :).
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Doc, you better keep an eye out on KT there. He's got an inside track. :? :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Yeah, KT lives closer to Platon so less shipping. :wink:
CM
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by CM »

God, those two pockets Platon has shown us are even worse than mine. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Having said that, I do like my Wested. It is well made and the goat is real nice. But it looks like some guy who hasn't seen an Indy movie in years made it from memory. If you're going to burn anything Platon, burn that certificate of authenticity. It's a crock.

I do agree about Todd. His work has been very interesting to me. I actually like that prototype jacket, even if the pockets are a little small. Hey, small is a nice change from GIGANTIC. And I agree about Todd's pocket flap. Nice shape.

Just for your interest. I spoke to a leading maker of leather jackets here in Melbourne. He says he can no longer make kangaroo leather jackets. Apparently all the kanga leather goes overseas. I am angry at this loss. The country of the kangaroo - #### there's a plague of them at the moment and we can't get the leather here!!!!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I wonder if David Morgan is the one purchasing most of the 'roo hides for his whip production?

Regards! Michaelson
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

I can't remember who posted it, and can't seem to find it in the search engine,...but there was a pocket flap fix posted awhile ago.
Could help alot of people get over their flap scallop inadequecies.

If I recall, you soak the flap with water, and stretch the leather, till it forms the shape. As it dries, it retains the new shape. It looked like it worked well, and there were even pictures to prove it.
Anyone remember this?
'Blues
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

If I recall, you soak the flap with water, and stretch the leather, till it forms the shape. As it dries, it retains the new shape. It looked like it worked well, and there were even pictures to prove it.
Anyone remember this?
'Blues
It was me who posted that. It works. Problem is the flap retains the new shape for 2-3 days and then gets back to normal.

I find it annoying having to soak and pull/stretch it every two days.

How 'bout you?
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

I never tried it. Figured the leather would stay. I'm not as worried about the shape as most, so I'm happy with mine.
'Blues