WIP picture of the HJ style liner

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Marc
Vendor

WIP picture of the HJ style liner

Post by Marc »

I got the first WIP picture of the new liner yesterday and though it's needs some tweaking and work yet (hence WIP), I'd thought I share with you.

Here it is:

Regards,

Marc
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Again the same old bug, the text is crooked to the left.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

VP wrote:Again the same old bug, the text is crooked to the left.
Oh, yeah I see it. You're right.

Hey Marc - do you have an idea of what you want to put inside the shield part? Lookin nice so far!

In Christ,
Shane
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

IndyMcFly wrote:You're right.
Always. 8)
Jens
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Jens »

Looks good, very distinguished. :tup:

A Latin phrase for the banner could be nice, too ... :-k :wink: :lol:
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

The text above the HP wil be remade yet, using the same font as on the sweatbands (more classy).

On the bow - above the shield - it'll say "Dedicated to the customer" on Latin (thanks Jens :wink: )

The shield itself will have

~ The ~
Adventurebilt
Hat Co.

inside and "Handmade" underneath. Then the shield and the bow above will be filled with a dark blue, while the black you see on the picture above will be golden.

I think together with the new roo hide sweatbands, I'd pretty much have reached my personal goal in terms of quality and screen accuracy, once these babies are done.

Regards,

Marc
hp
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by hp »

Will it be stitched or colored?

Cheers
HP
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

AFAIK stitched.
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

I miss the old "PROUDLY MADE IN ....." line that we used to see in many products.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Agreed. It's always nice to see that in a craftsman's creation...isn't it?

Regards! Michaelson
PLATON
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by PLATON »

I also like the
"BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAGESTY THE QUEEN"
or the

"BY APPOINTMENT TO HIS MAGESTY THE KING"

if you think that during Indy's times King George the VI was reigning.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

That looks good, but in my opinion, not always a 'sure thing' when it comes to quality. A LOT of folks receive appointments from the Royal Family, and have for generations. It just meant they sold (or gave) items to the Royal Court, and received recognition for doing so.

I prefer to see the 'fingerprints' of the craftsman who actually MADE an item, and those 'fingerprints' are the quality in workmanship that you can recognize as being made by that person rather than a production line.

I mean, HJ has had the Royal appointment for years, but look what has happened to the quality of THEIR goods. :roll:

Regards! Michaelson
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

I won't have anything like "Proudly made in Germany" on my hats, simply because the hatmaking tradition in Germany *****! - I don't feel comfortable putting the Adventurebilt name in line with those ugly woolfelt alp hats with the rasor brush and feather on the brim. Same about the quality of the (missing) craftmanship you often see on these "hats". While still searching for "the ultimate Indy Fedora" from other vendors a couple of years ago, I sent an enquiry to an old fashioned, traditional hatter in Southern Germany, asking what a pure beaver fur felt hat would cost. First thing he told me, was that "beaver" ment nothing but the finest hare fur possible :? Second, he wanted to charge 500 Euro (currently that would be round about 660$) for such a "pure beaver" :shock: :shock: :shock: And third did he make some claims on how a tough hat, HAD to be stiff as a cardboard, due to the structure of the felt ect. (I have to this day not understood, what the one thing has got to do with the other).

Regarding the "By appointment to..."-text. I can't do that. I would get into serious troubles for claiming things, that aren't true. I'll have the "Made to measure - Built to last"-text over the HP instead, once the right font is found (it's being searched for as we speak).

My "fingerprint" will remain to be as Michaelson put it so well:
those 'fingerprints' are the quality in workmanship that you can recognize as being made by that person rather than a production line.
Regards,

Marc
bleyd
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by bleyd »

Is this just for the AB deluxe or will the AB get this liner as well?
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Deluxe.
Abner1925
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Abner1925 »

I would rethink the use of the headpiece in your new design. Being that Indy IV is on the move, you will be opening yourself up to a lawsuit more than ever before.
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

If you are worried about copyright issues, you might consider this alternative:

It's one of the influences of the headpiece, and it can also be seen above the Ark in the Well of the Souls so it's "screen accurate" (not to mention copyright free). Just a thought...

Looking good in any case! :tup:

Kind regards,
Indy