It's Finally here!!!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

It's Finally here!!!

Post by Indiana Kev »

Well today I had a tag on my door from the post office and on the back of the tag the sender's name was Wested! I went and picked it up and it is beautiful!! I asked for the extra one inch, but didn't get it but I can get over that because the jacket looks and smells great and from the looks of it I didn't really need the extra one inch! It has been a long wait from October 26 to today, but well worth it! :D And so no one has to put up the neat "this thread is worthless sign" here are a few pics.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/ ... G_1304.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/ ... G_1301.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/ ... G_1303.jpg
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

congrats kev! looks great on you! nothing beats the shine and smell of a new wested don't ya think?

enjoy it buddy....and resist the temptations from the other camp about taking sandpaper and chemicals to it :D

one question though....where's the hat?

cheers
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

Thanks Indiana G. There is no temptation at all for me to artifically distress this jacket, it will be all natural. Gotta love the smell of new leather, it is nice.

As far as the hat goes, as soon as I get my rabbit AB I'll put the hat on with the jacket and snap a few pics.

I can't get over how soft the leather is! What a great jacket!
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

what hide is that? is it lambskin?
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

My fault for not giving the specs. It is a lambskin (I asked for Dark brown, but I think it is authentic). I also asked for the 80s cut, x-box stiching, and single gussets. I like the gussets they make it alot easier to drive with a jacket on. I also asked for the smaller collar, and the pockets are the regular pockets.

And a big thanks to everyone who helped me when I was in the process of ordering my jacket. I got some great advice and it really helped out. Thanks!
davefelker
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by davefelker »

Beautiful jacket Kev :clap: Congratulations man :tup:
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

looks like you got the dark brown to me kev. wested's lamb is very comfortable and light to wear....perfect for the upcoming spring.

cheers
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

Thanks Davefelker! This jacket is great!

Indiana G you are right this jacket is perfect for the upcoming spring, plus it is perfect for this Mississippi/Louisiana weather.

It is amazing to see how this jacket changes color under different lighting, sometimes it is really dark, others not so dark. I do think it is the dark brown though. Regardless of the color I am a happy new wested owner! :D
Indyjim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indyjim »

Looks super to me. I definitely agree you didn't need the extra inch. Once the sleeves start to wrinkle up a bit, they'll be absolutely perfect! Looks good on you. !
Masterfulks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Masterfulks »

You didn't happen to have gone to Mississippi College in Jackson did you?

You look kinda familar...

Nice Jacket!
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

Masterfulks wrote:You didn't happen to have gone to Mississippi College in Jackson did you?

Nice Jacket!
Yep, graduating from law school in May.

Indyjim - I ordered my sleeves knowing they might be a bit long and hoping that once they wrinkle they will be just right...even if they are a bit long better long than short right? :D
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

That jacket looks natural on you, Kev! Congrats on your purchase, and may it last you many adventures.
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

Thanks Strider...by the way I like your new avatar, I got my pic with the rescue rangers while at Disneyworld last summer.
Indiana Max
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Max »

Great jacket :clap: :clap:
spiridon
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by spiridon »

GREAT looking jacket Kev!! Seeing yours just makes my anticipation of the one I ordered even worse!! :twisted: ](*,) :lol: :lol:
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

spiridon wrote:GREAT looking jacket Kev!! Seeing yours just makes my anticipation of the one I ordered even worse!! :twisted: ](*,) :lol: :lol:
I felt the same way seeing others as I waited for mine! Good thing is these jackets are perfect for our southern weather...I was worried that I wouldn't be able to wear the jacket for long, but I'll be able to wear this jacket well into spring! :D
Raider
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Raider »

Congratulations!!! Yes, that's dark brown! Very, very nice indeed! Image

Cheers,

:junior: Raider
Masterfulks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Masterfulks »

Indiana Kev wrote:
Masterfulks wrote:You didn't happen to have gone to Mississippi College in Jackson did you?

Nice Jacket!
Yep, graduating from law school in May.

Indyjim - I ordered my sleeves knowing they might be a bit long and hoping that once they wrinkle they will be just right...even if they are a bit long better long than short right? :D
Do you know a dude that goes by the nickname Bubba, or another guy named Dave? Dave has a twin a brother, but the twin went elsewhere.
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

Not off the top of my head. I'd need last names, shoot me a PM with that info.
photorog
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by photorog »

Awesome looking jacket! Well worth the wait. I know, I ordered mine at the end of September and didn't get it until the end of November. Good thing come to those that wait, or something like that. :D
spiridon
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by spiridon »

Masterfulks wrote:
Do you know a dude that goes by the nickname Bubba
:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO.....sorry, no offense intended.....but you have to understand that we have more "Bubbas" in our Southern phone books than there are Smiths or Williams. :wink: :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

True. Bubba is also a slang down here for 'brother', so every male who has a sibling in the South is a 'bubba'. (grins)

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

photorog wrote:Awesome looking jacket! Well worth the wait. I know, I ordered mine at the end of September and didn't get it until the end of November. Good thing come to those that wait, or something like that. :D
That is a fact! I couldn't be happier with my jacket!

Spiridon - it does seem like everyone around here is a "bubba"

Michaelson - well now I know why every guy around here is called bubba! :D
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

You got it, bubba! :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
bleyd
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by bleyd »

I picked one up bout a year ago myself. It was a little stiff at first but got broken in REAL quick. It's my fave to wear and was able to get the wrinkles in the sleeves with no real effort at all just by wearing it natural.
Like it so much I may even pick up a second for casual attire as I plan to get this one nice and wheathered.
Yours looks great! :wink:
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

Thanks bleyd. I think I may have to pick another one up soon myself, well soon being whenever I can save up the money. I think I'd like to get the predistressed hide and darken it up with some pecards. I just don't think I could take a jacket that I dropped $350 on and start destroying it myself, it would just be too painful for me.
orb
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Austria (He doesn't know any of those guys. - Tony Nowak)

Nice jacket!

Post by orb »

Suits you very nicely Indiana Kev! Good Wested work :)

Regards

orb
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Nice jacket!

Post by Indiana Kev »

orb wrote:Suits you very nicely Indiana Kev! Good Wested work :)

Regards

orb
Thanks Orb...by the way whats the word on that HH you ordered?
Masterfulks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Masterfulks »

spiridon wrote:
Masterfulks wrote:
Do you know a dude that goes by the nickname Bubba
:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO.....sorry, no offense intended.....but you have to understand that we have more "Bubbas" in our Southern phone books than there are Smiths or Williams. :wink: :lol:
:)

I was surprised that the guy embraced the nickname. He definately was not your redneck type.
orb
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Austria (He doesn't know any of those guys. - Tony Nowak)

Re: Nice jacket!

Post by orb »

Indiana Kev wrote:
orb wrote:Suits you very nicely Indiana Kev! Good Wested work :)

Regards

orb
Thanks Orb...by the way whats the word on that HH you ordered?
I have changed the HH in the last second to cowhide. I got it two weeks ago but It was 2 inches too long, the arms were quite bulky and I got again some kind of monster size pockets. I have sent it back 10 days ago and now I wait for some refund. I don't know if I'm gonna order a new second jacket soon. It's like every second wested order won't fit. So hopefully the next one will nail it :lol: Enjoy your jacket Indiana Kev!

Much Regards

orb
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Indiana Kev wrote:My fault for not giving the specs. It is a lambskin (I asked for Dark brown, but I think it is authentic). I also asked for the 80s cut, x-box stiching, and single gussets. I like the gussets they make it alot easier to drive with a jacket on. I also asked for the smaller collar, and the pockets are the regular pockets.
Kev,
That collar is perfect!
Do youthink you actually got a smaller collar?
Will you measure your collar?
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

rbxb - Thanks for the kind words on the jacket.

I think the collar is perfect myself. When I called and ordered the jacket I asked for the smaller "raiders" collar and I am sure that is what I recieved on my jacket. I measured the collar in the front to the tips and the measurement was just over 2 3/4 inches. In the middle of the collar the measurement was 2 1/2. Let me know if you want any other measurements. I'm happy to help.
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Kev,
Thnks for measuring.
I just measured my current jacket.
Its what I believe to be a Raiders lamb or lambtouch.
The collar measures the same as yours but doesnt stand up as nicely.
I guess its the newness of yours as I bought mine from another forum member.
Will you measure the width of the sleeves at the elbow & wrist?
Thanks
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

rbxb - No prob on the measurement. The collar does seem to stand up pretty nice, and surprisingly it isn't even clost to stiff as it is very soft and pliable. The measurement at the elbow is 8 1/2. At the wrist the measurement is just a touch over 6 inches.
rbxb
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by rbxb »

Indiana Kev wrote:rbxb - No prob on the measurement. The collar does seem to stand up pretty nice, and surprisingly it isn't even clost to stiff as it is very soft and pliable. The measurement at the elbow is 8 1/2. At the wrist the measurement is just a touch over 6 inches.
The 16 -16 1/2 " around the elbow & 12 at wrist must be the standard then...
I wanted my sleeves a little more snug , as in a motorcyvle jacket I hope the gussets will compensate. Here is my request "** Request smaller circumference on arms. I have a 42 reg Wested & the arms measure 12" around at the wrist & 16" at the elbow. I would prefer a more narrow arm with the wrist being more like 11" & the elbow more like 14". I'm thinking the gussets will compensate for the more restrictive arm***.
Gemma states that my jack will be cut to specs & there was no extra charge....
IndyParise
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyParise »

Indiana Kev wrote:Thanks Indiana G. There is no temptation at all for me to artifically distress this jacket, it will be all natural.
See, when I ordered my first Wested, I had every intention of distressing it artificially. Once I got it though, I said "Screw it, I can't do it." So, I'm going natural on all of my gear.
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

IndyPraise - As much as I love the distressed look, I just can't do it to my jacket. I have a predistressed jacket (non-Indy, but Indy spirit) and I like the look, but I just can't do it to my jacket. So years from now when I've saved up the money I think I'll order the predistressed from wested, but by then hopefully my jacket will have the distressed look.

Tone - Thanks for the complement. I appreciate all the help and info you gave me when I was in the order process, it really helped. It's nice to have the lighter jacket, and yes I've worn my jacket every day since I received it. :wink: