Adventurebilt Wait Time

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Nevada Jones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Adventurebilt Wait Time

Post by Nevada Jones »

If I ordered a AB today, Dec. 16th, what is the amount of time I can expect to wait?

Thanks!
ttocsic chemical
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by ttocsic chemical »

I ordered one today too, Nevada, I believe Steve cites about 12-14 weeks.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

I think the best person to ask would be Fedora.
Toldog07
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Toldog07 »

I ordered one on aug. 9th and am still waiting..i asked fedora for a list of clients so i could see where i stand but no luck...hopefully he posts one here
ttocsic chemical
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

From reading this web site, and considering the volume of traffic/orders that AB has coming in, I would guess it takes from a couple to several weeks. We all need to have a hat that can "last us until the one we're wiating for", arrives. If we can't, it doesn't pay to order from a custom" hat maker. My opinion
Indiana Blooze
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Blooze »

The best things in life are worth waiting for. If you want an off the rack hat now, there are several on E-Bay......wait, scratch that. Get an Akruba. If you want a work of art at a comic book price, an AB or AB Deluxe is the only way to go, and ya' know what? Your're going to have to wait. In the long run however, it's worth it.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

It may be worth it, but it's painful when you're closing in on 26 weeks. :cry: It's a good thing I'm already a hat wearer in general, or my head would be very upset with me! In any event, don't expect any recent orders soon. Accept that you won't see it for at least 6 months and try not to think about it (hard as that will be). Hopefully, his recent changes about non-AB refurbs will allow him to catch up, and you'll be pleasantly surprised. As for me, I hoping for one #### of a nice Christmas Package! [-o<

Stay Strong!
Chewie
Ghos7a55assin
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ghos7a55assin »

I just talked to Steve about 2 days ago. He says that he's almost at the end of his July orders and is going to start his August orders soon. I ordered my hat on Aug. 14, so I'm up soon I hope.
ttocsic chemical
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

One thing I have been thinking about is this; Can you imagine what it will be like if Indy 4 is anounced? If you don't have your hat/hats by then - the wait for a custom hat is going to be multiplied, ten fold! The hats you have would be like gold! Plus, Fedora is the likely choice for manufacturer of the headgear! (My guess)

It really doesn't matter as to the authorized supplier. ANYONE that can produce a "Indy" styled hat, will be overwhelmed in orders. The only hat that will be available on a short delivery will be the "authentic" hat. But you will get a pin! Considering this senerio, it makes our current situation of waiting a few months seem well worth it.

Again, My opinion
ttocsic chemical
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Chewbaca, I DO feel for you... I spread my interests among three or four areas in order to not focus too hard on any one. The wife got upset last month when I decided I was interested in adult air guns! Good thing I'm near retirement!
Toldog07
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Toldog07 »

I dont mind the wait, its just that when i was told my hat would be made in two weeks i got excited....a month and a half later im still waiting...
ttocsic chemical
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

No, I'm just like you. I expect people to do as I have to do = or anawer for it. In this case however, I want Steve, to take all the time necessary to provide me with one of the showcase hats I've seen here. His business volume changes day to day. I DO NOT want him taking time out of production to tell me, E-Mail me, that blocking of a particular hat needs to be re-done, hence, slowing producrion. Steve. Take your time. I want mine to be a hat I am proud of. Period.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Ghos7a55assin wrote:I just talked to Steve about 2 days ago. He says that he's almost at the end of his July orders and is going to start his August orders soon. I ordered my hat on Aug. 14, so I'm up soon I hope.
Are you sure he said July orders, because I'm a June order and I don't have mine yet!

Chewie
Ghos7a55assin
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ghos7a55assin »

Call him yourself and check. I had to call land distance from overseas.
Don't Call Me Junior!
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Don't Call Me Junior! »

Might the sizing and certain customization requests come into play here? I would imagine he would work on groups of like hats ie. same size/same style to keep things moving a little more efficiently. First come, first serve might be altered from time to time to better meet demand? Just a thought.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

One must not rush art. Patience, my young "Hat"awans.
'Blues
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

IndyBlues wrote:One must not rush art. Patience, my young "Hat"awans.
'Blues
You should be whipped for that one. :?
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Don't make me come up there, Poconos Jones :P
Hey, I feel your pain, I'm waiting for one, too.
'Blues
orb
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Austria (He doesn't know any of those guys. - Tony Nowak)

Post by orb »

Ah a perfect thread for this so I don't have to open a new one :lol:
I have received my AB hat today! Finally! I'm so happy that I got it before christmas. Steve hasn't put some christmas paper on it. But no problem :D ;).
I have ordered mine on 20th July. So it took 5 month.
It's a beauty :) It also has the Raven Bar bash. I will put some pictures in soon.

Regards

orb
Serial Hero
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Serial Hero »

IndyBlues wrote:Don't make me come up there, Poconos Jones :P
Hey, I feel your pain, I'm waiting for one, too.
'Blues
Don't mind him, he's just a "hat"awan.
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

Patience fellow fans. Sometimes I grab one ordered later when the block used to make a more current one is being used. If you ordered, you will get the hat, so fear not. I am hoping once I get the huge rush of orders taken in June and July made, my turnaround times will get liveable again. Believe it or not, I am not happy with my turnaround times at all. I am told by other hatters who make custom hats to get used to it, but I can't.

Hopefully with the price increase to take effect the first of this new year, the orders will drop off, from the website, and give me some breathing room. I was wondering why I was getting so many orders from non COW members and found out when I typed in Indy fedora on Google search. I am in first place! So, that is the reason. Success can be stressful. :lol: Fedora
Indiana Johnson
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Johnson »

When is the price increase going into effect, and what will it be?
Raiders-Energizer
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Raiders-Energizer »

Hi everyone I just registered a few days ago, and been viewing this board on and off over the years. I finally decide to join the board here and also to mention you that I also order a Fedora from Adventurebilt..!! :D

Which I assume will take awhile.... :roll: but I guess I need to be patience and wait in line like everyone else. Hopefully by this summer I will post some images of my own to showcase my AB Raiders version to you all.
GoneSolo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GoneSolo »

Welcome Raiders Energizer. For the past couple of months Steve has been trying to shorten wait times by working non-stop. I am going into week 13 of my wait. The wait is long, but patience pays off.
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Wow - I just checked my calendar and I'm on week 12! I didn't even realize it! I guess I've been doing a good job keeping myself distracted. I believe Steve said I'd have a new hat by February. *Sweet!*

GoneSolo - is yours one of the limited edition Rabbit ABs? (Yeah, see, I make it sound extra special.) Your wait time is really close to mine, so maybe it's the same little rush of orders.

In Christ,
Shane
Raiders-Energizer
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Thanx....GoneSolo, I have been e-mailing Steve with my request and he has great insight in regards to new customers concerns with detail and accuracy of each type of fedora with different scene of ROTLA.

Which bring me to this....When it come to which version you prefer , what would you choose: Cairo,Idol, or Raven bar??

For me I'm stuck on two the Idol or Raven bar..?](*,)

What would you guys say is more popular or pleasing to the eye? I would appreciate your opinions and experience with these two hats. [-o<
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

I'd say the Raven is more popular around here... that or Cairo, which are probably tied for popularity.

I asked for a Well of the Souls bash. :wink:

In Christ,
Shane
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

IndyMcFly wrote:Wow - I just checked my calendar and I'm on week 12! I didn't even realize it! I guess I've been doing a good job keeping myself distracted. I believe Steve said I'd have a new hat by February. *Sweet!*

GoneSolo - is yours one of the limited edition Rabbit ABs? (Yeah, see, I make it sound extra special.) Your wait time is really close to mine, so maybe it's the same little rush of orders.

In Christ,
Shane
Shane thanks for the update. I can't believe it is week 12 for us on the "limited edition Rabbit AB deal." I'm looking forward to getting my first AB.

Raiders-Energizer, I went through a similar problem when I was ordering my AB. I didn't know what style I wanted so I spent some time going through the "post your AB here" thread and looked a few different styles. After looking through the thread I found one that I really liked and went with it.
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

I really like the idol look because it's the first style we see in Raiders, but the Raven style is also great. If there's a way to combine the idol and raven style, that would look real nice. :D
GoneSolo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GoneSolo »

IndyMcFly wrote:GoneSolo - is yours one of the limited edition Rabbit ABs? (Yeah, see, I make it sound extra special.) Your wait time is really close to mine, so maybe it's the same little rush of orders.
Yes sir. This friday makes week 13 for me. It is going to be very special indeed :D . I think that Chewbacca Jones was waiting about 26 weeks for an order placed in June...

As for the bash, I picked Raven Bar. I think that Cairo is the most sought after look though. There are so many different elements to it and getting the hat to look just right takes a lot of work.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i've compared the raven bar and the idol grab bashes quite closely when i was prepping my fed. i didn't see much of a difference in it...perhaps the crown is a little more square in the idol grab scenes???...can anyone tell me what the difference is? SOC is unmistakenly a different style as it is mushroomy and the brim flanges up way less.
GoneSolo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GoneSolo »

I haven't really compared the two, but I believe that the Raven hat has more of an upward swoop on the sides of the brim.

Last edited by GoneSolo on Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

I got a PM at the end of December and Fedora told me to get in touch with him at the beginning of Feb. because that's when he was going to start working on the the AB Rabbits. So some of us who were fortunate enough to be able to get on on that deal, like myself , shouldn't have to much longer to wait and I'm sure it will be worth it! ;)
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Week 10 here, ordered an OCB.
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

Yep, I will make the rabbits in Feb. Looks like I will start in the middle of the month, going by what I have on the books in total orders.

I also figure the lead times will get better too as I have been struggling with those 150 orders that came in within a short period. Success can be stressful. And if you are as picky as I am, many times I have to remake a hat just because I don't like the finish, or the way the hat took the block. It is very tempting to hurry a hat up, but I refuse to do this these days. More time is required in trying to artificially age the felt, and if the hat I have outside is any indication of the final results, I absolutely have to take that extra time that it requires. Once you find out the new technique makes the hat more stabile, you HAVE to do it. It actually takes me longer these days to turn one hat out, compared to the early days. But, since I have several hats in various stages of ageing, this helps in alleviating the time needed. The system is working out well. But, requires alot more elbow grease, that is for sure. But, trust me, it is worth it, and I cannot ignore the results over the long haul. Regards, Fedora
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

Thanks for that update Fedora! I think I can make it another month or so. :D I'm looking forward to getting that Rabbit AB!!
ttocsic chemical
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Fedora;
We see hats from the 30's that are still considered of great quality. Imagine your hats 70+ years from now! There will probably be a select group of hat lovers that will be comparing their collection and pointing out each particular strong point. I have no doubt the time you took with the AB is sure to be noted. :tup:
Raiders-Energizer
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

With all of the appraises that I hear or in this case read, I believe in the quality and craftsmanship of the AB. I will
know that Fedora will ultimately craft a piece of film history for me and once I get a hold on this ..... do I dare say the Holy Grail of hats.

It's like that insurance ad saying..' Your in good hands with Adventurebilt!!" :D
Indiana Blooze
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Blooze »

The AB is well worth the wait. I received mine a week ago after a several month wait, (I was one of the 150-160 people that swamped Steve all at once). Two nights ago I wore it to a family get together. When my 72 year old brother-in-law saw it, his comment was, "Where did you find that hat? That looks like a hat my father would have worn back in the 30's or 40's." That comment is a testament to Steve's craftsmanship. :clap:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Get used to it, Blooze. I get that all the time from older gentlemen...and as recently as a couple weeks ago when approached by a VERY well dressed elderly woman who complimented me on my AB. She told me her late husband was a lawyer who practiced in Murfreesboro until the day he died in his mid 80's, and he had always purchased and had custom made ALL his clothing in the high end mens shops in Nashville back in the 40's and 50's. She said he would have been PROUD to own and wear a hat like mine....and she added 'believe me, I KNOW good mens clothing and hat wear when I see it, young man!"

I was pleased.......sure, with the nice hat compliment, but the fact she called me young man! :D :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
mrtimely
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

AB Hat

Post by mrtimely »

Greetings fellow Indy fans..

I too wanted an Indy hat ASAP, since I am really impatient, and now that I am on this Indy kick.. I first got several AB hats ordered, a brown and a grey, the supposed wait time is 4 mos, from what i read these are the best.. then got one quickly from Todds Costumes, in CA, which was an HJ hat.. pretty nice.. the cost of either the AB or HJ was about the same, but sounds like the AB is the better hat, both are screen accurate and good solid hats. I was not about to wear some pc of cheap junk, pay more and look decent..

Indy Gus..
Raiders-Energizer
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

I too wanted an Indy hat ASAP, since I am really impatient, and now that I am on this Indy kick..
You think you got a kick of Indy Gear, I too just received one of Todd's HB and it looks and feels soft with a nice dark brown felt. On top of that I bought one of Peter's jacket from E-bay and it came within a week and fit me perfect.

So now I'm also waiting for AB fedora hat for Steve.... I can't wait to see that one as well.
Kaplan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Kaplan »

I am very willing to sit out the wait with no complaints, but a quick question... I ordered my hat in the end of October. Last I heard, that meant that I would probably receive my hat in Feb. Now that people are talking about a five month wait time, am I looking at March?
-GC
GoneSolo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GoneSolo »

Did you get the AB rabbit deal?
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

George Caplin wrote:I am very willing to sit out the wait with no complaints, but a quick question... I ordered my hat in the end of October. Last I heard, that meant that I would probably receive my hat in Feb. Now that people are talking about a five month wait time, am I looking at March?
-GC
I ordered mine Oct. 7. Does that mean mines coming in March as well?
rcinlv
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Patience, fellow AB fans

Post by rcinlv »

I ordered mine mid-September, and am on week 21. But I know that it just means that Fedora is giving the exquisite attention to quality and detail that we have all come to expect. So with fingers crossed, I say...

It will get here when it gets here!

Cheers,

RC
Kaplan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Kaplan »

GoneSolo wrote:Did you get the AB rabbit deal?
no, I just got the regular beaver AB.
-GC
Kaplan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Patience, fellow AB fans

Post by Kaplan »

rcinlv wrote:I ordered mine mid-September, and am on week 21. But I know that it just means that Fedora is giving the exquisite attention to quality and detail that we have all come to expect. So with fingers crossed, I say...

It will get here when it gets here!

RC
Agreed, Steve is the best...but wow, 21 weeks? Has anyone else here been waiting that long?
-GC
GoneSolo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GoneSolo »

Steve had mentioned that he is going to begin production on the Rabbit ABs in February. These were all ordered in late October. Your hats should be with you soon.
indy89
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by indy89 »

That's great news! So mine should be here sometime soon. :D