Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana_Fink
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

"Tomorrow Never Dies" Bond jacket finally arrived

Post by Indiana_Fink »

Hi,

after I had to send the original jacket back because I ordered the wrong size, today I received my new jacket from Wested. It was torture to wait for it a second time, and after overall 4 months at last I got it.

Image[/img]

The jacket is heavy but soft and the color is perfect. I am not so sure about the belt though but I will test different configurations.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

man that looks awesome fink! congrats on your purchase.

question for you.....did you request a different leather? it looks alot darker than pierce's jacket.
Indiana_Fink
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indiana_Fink »

it´s the standard dark brown as advertised on the wested homepage. I think the look of the colour in the movie shifts from a brown to a dark brown depending on the lighting. Also in the movie the jacket is wet and heavily used so I expect the colour and look of my jacket to change with use also. The pictures of Brosnans jacket on google also show two different colours. The pictures where he is standing on the jetfighter with the MP is more of a brown, whereas all the closer shots of him resemble more the darker brown I got. I understand that the jacket is also available in black, but I am sure Wested would do it in every other leather available. It is a terrible temptation to throw more money at them since I saw the awesome look of the Dr.Who predistressed leather jacket on this site.
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

Here's the one TheMantis posted a few years ago:

viewtopic.php?t=6812&highlight=dies
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

On Wested's site...it states 'brown/black' nubuck....which would be cow hide...yours looks like lamb (in the photos)...so, did you go with the nubuck, or did you order something else? Oh, forgot to add ...congrats and kudos...nice jacket. W>
Indiana_Fink
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indiana_Fink »

It is cow hide.

But it definitely a different leather than THeMantis jacket. I saw on his site that he has two of them, his second one looks more like the kind I got. The first one in the post above has a kind of suedy look about it (at least in the photographs).

The jacket I received first (which was too large) was exactly the same, it had a different belt buckle though. But I like this one better anyway.
Havana
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Havana »

That's a really fantastic jacket. I've considered getting the same one. It's got a classic look that will set you apart from the mall jacket crowd. I bet it looks good with a fedora, too.
henryindianajonesjr44
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by henryindianajonesjr44 »

What size did you settle on and what size Wested Indy do you wear?
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Well here's the one from the bonhams auction.

You can see the pattern is spot on!

TheMantis
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TheMantis »

Pattern is spot on, I agree but the leather we have is not the same...unless they oiled the #### out of these jackets...which is possible. I have to admit, the jacket in the first post looked black to me. That is a seriously dark brown. Now that I see these auction pics I am going to try to get my second Bond jacket to look like the screen used one...

Here is my second jacket:

Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

nice collection! i see you have the erricson cellphone/bmw 750 remote and the lighter/hand grenade. awesome!