Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Jens_Hoppe
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

New member - just ordered a Wested jacket

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Hi all,

I'm Jens and I am a new member here. I do feel slightly out of place however, because despite being a huge Indy fan and having been so ever since I first watched Raiders all these years back, I am not really much of a gear person ("yet", I can hear some of you say).

However, I have always wanted a cool leather jacket like Indy's so when I stumbled across the Wested website, I knew I had to have one. (One, I tell you!) Anyway, last week I put in an order for an authentic brown goatskin jacket, TOD style but with press studs a la the LC jacket. I am very excited about the whole thing of course, but can hardly sleep at night for fear of having given incorrect measurements - although my lovely wife, who is much more of an expert on making clothes, assures me the measurements I gave were OK. ;)

I've been lurking here for the last week or so (had to get activated, you know). At first, I was astonished to see Indy gear being such a big hobby for so many people, though I can certainly see the attraction. Now, however, types of hide, distressing techniques, buckle types, and zippers (not to mention fedoras, khaki shirts, and gun holsters) already feel like natural subjects of conversation. :)

Anyway, glad to be here. I'll let you know once my coveted first piece of Indy gear arrives!

Cheers,
Jens
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Welcome aboard Jens.

We're past saving. Run whilst you still have your sanity!
e.m.t. jones
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by e.m.t. jones »

Beware it will come, I was origanaly satisfied w/ indy jacket, then satisfied w/ a fedora, then satisfied w/ bag, gun belt, web belt, holster, waiting to be satisfied w/ a whip, will be satisfied this week w/ todds shirt, and thinking how mush so w/ a new wested. I hope have lots of fun no matter how gear you buy or do not buy. emt
Jens_Hoppe
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Here's a quick update.

I received the jacket today! And my fears re. size were unfounded; the jacket fits me perfectly. It looks extremely nice, seems very sturdy (it's goat, after all), and is a joy to wear. The only thing I can possibly complain about is that I got a right-hand side zipper, despite having explicitly asked for the opposite when ordering. Ah well, it won't make me send it back, that's for sure. :)

The only problem with having waited close to two months for the jacket is that the Danish weather has really turned winterish in the meantime, with close to freezing temperatures, heavy winds, and sleet throughout most of today. Not exactly the kind of weather to prance about in a short leather jacket, right? :?

Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

True, but nice to wear UNDER a heavy winter coat, then have to wear when you're inside.

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

nice jacket jens. its wintery over here in canada so i just wear mine under my wool overcoat. its works perfectly.

if you just got yours, then i should be expecting mine in a week or so!

but heed KT's advice, run away and forget about all of this while you still can....it'll put you in the poorhouse for sure!

first i had to get the hat, jacket, boots, and bag....then i wanted another jacket, and another hat and a authentic bag...and another hat while i'm waiting for the next hat...then there's a sale at us wings for a jacket while i'm waiting for my second jacket...and don't even get me started on the shirts!!! as all of this is happening, my boots are seeing all these things getting replaced and rotated....and their laughing at me, i know there laughing at me, cuz i can't replace them...........oh oh, i guess its time for me to take my meds and have a nap....... :lol:
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

That's a fine looking jacket. You have chosen wisely.

I can't wait to get mine and it hasn't even been a week yet!
Jens
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Jens »

From one Jens to another ( :wink: ) - Welcome aboard!

Good choice with the jacket!
GoneSolo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GoneSolo »

That jacket is a beauty. :tup: It looks like the Wested wait times have gone down or am I wrong.
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

Jens_Hoppe wrote: ... The only problem with having waited close to two months for the jacket is that the Danish weather has really turned winterish in the meantime, with close to freezing temperatures, heavy winds, and sleet throughout most of today. Not exactly the kind of weather to prance about in a short leather jacket, right? :?
I completely agree which is why you should send it to me. Welcome to COW Jens. Keep a close eye on that wallet of yours, bink is lurking around here somewhere. :wink:
Lao Feng
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Lao Feng »

A beauty of a jacket! Enjoy
Toldog07
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Toldog07 »

what are the wested wait times right now? i just ordered a jacket myself
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

Toldog07 wrote:what are the wested wait times right now? i just ordered a jacket myself
I ordered my wested last thursday and Peter told me about three weeks.
Indiana G
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Indiana G »

i ordered mine on sept 18th. gemma said that it was being machined last week so i'm hoping that its on its way this week.
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Jens_Hoppe wrote:Not exactly the kind of weather to prance about in a short leather jacket, right? :?
Nah, all weather is Wested weather. I just use a sweatshirt and a scarf.
JAN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by JAN »

Velkommen om bord (Welcome on board), Jens!

Godt at se endnu et dansk medlem herinde (nice to see another danish member inhere)

And one again I can truly say that Denmark has the highes rates of
gears-heads (members to this board) in the world! 8)

Take that! :P

Best regards

JAN
Jens_Hoppe
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Thanks, guys. As for running while I can, this seems like a nice place so I think I will put my feet up and stay around for the time being. :)

Speaking of waiting times, I ordered the jacket on 11 September, so it's just about 7 weeks in my case. Gemma mentioned a couple of times that they had a lot of orders to do at the moment, and that it had delayed them a bit.

Glad to see that you guys aren't discouraged from wearing your jackets by a bit of frost. I will try to build up courage to let the parka stay in the closet tomorrow. :)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Just layer a sweater underneath, and you shouldn't be too chilly.

Regards! Michaelson
IndyK
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyK »

Jamen velkommen ombord! Vi er vist tæt på at nå vores mål: En Indy i hver af de nye regioner...:-)

Cheers
The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The Aviator »

Aw the wait time can be a bit unpredictable of late...i ordered a wested on 9th of october and i rang and please god hopefully it should be hear this week im ready to pull my hair out :twisted: :twisted: ...if it wasnt for such a quality jacket and the great customer service at wested id be getting worried :shock: :)
JEEP
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JEEP »

Velkommen til galehuset Jens! Godt at se endnu en dansker her :D

Du skal være velkommen til at kigge forbi det danske Indy forum www.indy.forumup.dk

Lækker jakke forresten :tup:

Mvh.

Jakob
Ace
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ace »

Velkommen til COW Jens

Lets see some pictures of you in your new jacket.

Regards
Jan
Last edited by Ace on Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K on the run
Vendor

Post by K on the run »

Velkommen Jens, rart med en til i Københavns området. Du kommer nok til at spare lidt sammen, jakken er jo begyndelsen -så kommer der hat og skjorte og bukser og........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Kim
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

K on the run wrote:Velkommen Jens, rart med en til i Københavns området. Du kommer nok til at spare lidt sammen, jakken er jo begyndelsen -så kommer der hat og skjorte og bukser og........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Kim
Funny talk. :lol:
K on the run
Vendor

Post by K on the run »

It's Hovitos :wink:

:lol: K
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

K on the run wrote:Velkommen Jens, rart med en til i Københavns området. Du kommer nok til at spare lidt sammen, jakken er jo begyndelsen -så kommer der hat og skjorte og bukser og........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Kim
I'm sure they're saying something to each other, but I usually find when I start typing on the wrong keys, most of MY posts look like that too. :-k :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
K on the run
Vendor

Post by K on the run »

All I said was:
Welcome Jens, nice to have an other member here in the Copenhagen area. Better save up some more money the Jacket is merely the top of the iceberg -next it will be the hat and the shirt and the pants and......

If you guys think reading it is difficult you should try talking it :wink:

Jens_Hoppe
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Yeah, Danish does have an uncanny resemblance to Hovitos. :D

Here's another photo of the jacket, in which it is clear that it really is too big:

(IndianaPhilip, 2 years old)

And a few close-ups showing the grain of the leather (goat):

Honestly, I am trying to get one - just one! - good photo of myself in the jacket, but all attempts so far have come out blurry and/or too dark. I blame the dark season and its lack of proper light. And the camera. And the jacket. :)
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

K on the run wrote:If you guys think reading it is difficult you should try talking it :wink:
Danish sounds like a mixture of Swedish and Norwegian spoken with a hot potato in the mouth.
Doctor_Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Doctor_Jones »

And how do you compare your native language Finnish? :lol:

The only Finnish I heard a lot were of Hakkinen & Raikkonen. :lol:
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Finnish is actually closer to Estonian, Hungarian and some ancient native languages in Russia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_language
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

K on the run wrote:If you guys think reading it is difficult you should try talking it :wink:

K, I have a hard enough time with English, thank you very much. :shock: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

:shock: Højsa, den der hat trænger godt nok til at blive erstattet med en ny :lol:

Velkommen om bord Jens! Fed jakke du fik der!

Med venlig hilsen,

Marc
K on the run
Vendor

Post by K on the run »

Marc wrote::shock: Højsa, den der hat trænger godt nok til at blive erstattet med en ny :lol:

Med venlig hilsen,

Marc
Ja, men hvor skal han dog finde en ny hat :wink:

-K
JEEP
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JEEP »

K on the run wrote:
Marc wrote::shock: Højsa, den der hat trænger godt nok til at blive erstattet med en ny :lol:

Med venlig hilsen,

Marc
Ja, men hvor skal han dog finde en ny hat :wink:

-K

Av ja, det er en svær en..... han kan prøve at kontakte en fyr der hedder Marc, hvis I ikke kender ham, så er her et vellignende billede af ham:

8) :lol: ;)

/Jakob
Last edited by JEEP on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jens_Hoppe
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Hey, me and that hat go back a long time! :D

But you're right and I am sorely tempted to get myself a proper one. I'll let you know. :)