Indakin's Distressed Gear

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Indakin's Distressed Gear

Post by Indakin »

Hey guys, havent posted in the Indy boards as much because of my other costume that many of you might know about. Since halloween is next week, and I have chances to win money friday, sat, and next tuesday, i got the rest of my indy gear distressed and beat in nicely.

My wested authentic goat is great now after using the dryer method alot and wearing it in a downpore, using some alchohal, ascitone, and light grit sandpaper. The final touch is all the fullers earth i beat myself down with.

My fedora is a FED Deluxe, and fits great now after alot of love and abuse! I just added some duct tape under the ribbon for these pics, and i like the effect now. Its subtle, but also creates some indentation effects on the sides, like ive seen in Indy's hat before.

The rest of my gear is todd's belts & holster, MK VII w/ todd deluxe strap, husker boots, dillards pants (thanks Ken), WPG shirt, wells lamount yellowish colored gloves, and toy electronic revolver from KB painted.

Ill get more pics this week i hope, and maybe with my roomate as the german mechanic.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Nice! Your gear looks really awesome!! Fuller's earth on the jacket I presume?

Ken
mark seven
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by mark seven »

Looks fantastic Indakin! 8) -I love the dusty look of the jacket..have you thought about adding some Indydoc hat-cobwebs?,be a nice finishing touch,but great outfit as it is! :clap:
Kit Walker
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kit Walker »

Outstanding! Your gear really looks great!
Demented Wookie
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Demented Wookie »

Great job. Should win you something.
Regards
Chewie
Pandora
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Pandora »

great gear - good look and luck :wink: - tell us about the contest (you know we like pics...)!
Captain Ron Solo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Captain Ron Solo »

Great looking gear, Indakin. :tup: My only suggestion would be to try to iron the creases OUT of the pants. Other than that, spot on!

JKL
Ron
Last edited by Captain Ron Solo on Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

thanks guys, and yea lots of fullers earth on my gear. I didnt worry about pants creases because indy doesnt have time to iron his pants while chasing nazi's at the same time :wink: I like the cobweb idea too, would be a cool touch. Im planning to wear my gear to Art History as well, its on the 31st, and my teacher would like it. Hope she doesnt ask me to take off my hat like she does for all the guys.
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

It all works very well. What size Fed is that?
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

my federation is a 60. When i first got it, people theorized that the 60 and up has a better crown and doesnt taper in as badly, and i would agree. Im sitting in class right now in my indy gear, art history actually (no joke).