Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

junior
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Location: Location - the most important thing in real estate

To Crusader from So Cal...

Post by junior »

What's this about Flightsuits "developing a goat that distresses"? Sounds good. Can you give some details and a possible availibility date?

junior
Crusader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Crusader »

Yeah, they are still working on it. Dave didn't feel the top color was exactly right as of a couple weeks ago. He gave me a swatch of what he had, and I took it home to see how much I could distress it. I rank very low on the "knowledge of distressing techniques" chart, but thought I'd give it a shot. I didn't have much luck with the acetone or alcohol, but had VERY good results using 220 and finer sandpaper. Took off the top layer of color and left a very Indy-ish brown underneath, not the gray as in my current Expo. The best thing for me was that the Flightsuits goat is so indestructible, the sandpaper did no damage to the leather at all. It really did look like it could have occurred naturally. I applied some Pecards to the distressed parts, and it seemed to even blend them together better. As for a timetable, Dave had no idea, due to the color issue, but the leather is beautiful. Nice russet color underneath and the weight felt about the same. I asked him to get ahold of me when it becomes available, and I'll post it here when he does, if nobody beats me to it :) . I believe he told me that he had also given MK a swatch, so maybe when he gets back from his trip he can let us know his results.