Indiana Jones IV Jackets

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana Cojones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Indiana Jones IV Jackets

Post by Indiana Cojones »

Production on Indy IV should be starting soon, so someone, somewhere will need to be supplying Harrison Ford with some new jackets. Any idea who will be doing this? Could it be Peter Botwright over at Wested?

I'd be curious to find out who is doing the production, and if they can give any word on whether the style of the jacket will be changing (and if so, how).
Crusader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Crusader »

When I called and spoke with Peter to order my jacket, he told me her didn't believe he would be tasked with the Indy 4 jackets. When I was at Flightsuits a couple weeks ago, Dave Marshall was non-commital when I asked him about it. Apparently, HF actually owns and wears a FS jacket when he's out and about sometimes. A swatch of the new goat they are developing really distressed very nicely and had the right color, to my untrained eye. I think it would make a great movie jacket. Regardless, I would like to know as soon as possible, too.
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: Indiana Jones IV Jackets

Post by Indiana Joe »

jcharlesholt wrote: any word on whether the style of the jacket will be changing (and if so, how).
I don't have any "insider" knowledge but my money is on a similar (not exact) jacket because each film has had the jacket modified just a bit.

Just my .02

I.J.
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

I'm shocked wested wouldnt be used to make the new jackets. Perhaps Mr. Ford will even be wearing jackets from the previous films....And make some "dummy" jackets for the stuntmen....HMMMM but now that I think about it, it WOULD make sense for Peter not to disclose if he was going to be making the jackets....then EVERYONE would want an Indy 4 jacket!! Peter would get swamped! Wasnt this brought up sometime before? I for one think Peter will be making the jackets, :wink: hes just not telling.....

Cheers
IJ
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Perhaps they could use some of the jackets leftover from "Crusade," I thought that I heard somewhere that there are "extras" in storage.....anybody know about these?.....

Regards,
Captain D
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

By the way, anybody know what type of "Flightsuits" Indiana Jones jacket Harrison Ford wears?

Captain D
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Captain D wrote:Perhaps they could use some of the jackets leftover from "Crusade," I thought that I heard somewhere that there are "extras" in storage.....anybody know about these?.....

Regards,
Captain D
Uh, can he still fit into them? I'd imagine he has "outgrown" them since LC.
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

Captain D wrote:By the way, anybody know what type of "Flightsuits" Indiana Jones jacket Harrison Ford wears?

Captain D
Well Flight Suits only makes a Raider's style jacket Indy jacket (no TOD or LC is made by FS). The leather for the jacket was lamb, that was handed over to Harrison about a year ago. The pilot for Harrison Ford has confirmed that he has been wearing that jacket regularly.

-Sergei
prettybigguy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by prettybigguy »

Personally, and I hope I don't get stoned to death for suggesting this, I would like to see our hero wearing some different duds in the new movie. I mean, it's supposed to take place in the 1950s right? Who amongst us still wears the same clothes they wore twenty years ago? Now, I'm not talking about an overhaul here, just some small changes. I still want to see the high crowned fedora, a brown leather jacket of some kind, and the bullwhip of course but the rest of his clothes should reflect the era I think. Maybe some WWII or Korean War surplus combat boots, a Colt 1911A1 and some different kind of satchel? I guess we'll just wait and see.
PBG
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

prettybigguy wrote:it's supposed to take place in the 1950s right? Who amongst us still wears the same clothes they wore twenty years ago? Now, I'm not talking about an overhaul here, just some small changes. I still want to see the high crowned fedora, a brown leather jacket of some kind, and the bullwhip of course but the rest of his clothes should reflect the era I think. Maybe some WWII or Korean War surplus combat boots, a Colt 1911A1 and some different kind of satchel?
Essentially, the jacket could remain similar and, of course, the whip and maybe even the satchel. I think you're on to something, prettybigguy. But wouldn't the crown of the fed be shorter in the fifties?

I.J.
prettybigguy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by prettybigguy »

Indiana Joe wrote: But wouldn't the crown of the fed be shorter in the fifties?

I.J.
I suppose so, but I'm no expert. I just like the look of the high crown! :P
PBG
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Prettybigguy,

I don't know - here it is 2003 and we are all wearing 30's & 40's gear - why not keep the same duds - I'm sure we will see some jacket changes (maybe 'cause of suggestions here) and of course some hat mods.

Mo
geordie jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by geordie jones »

Because indy is an adventure character, like all heroes he's got is own look. Even though fashions did change in the 50's, I think is character is to strong to follow those cosmetic changes.

I think we will see him in exactly the same old gear. There is an old saying, if its not broke - dont fix it.
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

I totally agree, I can say with 100% certaintity Indy will be wearing the exact same fedora (maybe with a different bash), same jacket (maybe with a couple small mods), and same bag, probably a morgan whip as well.....
2 cents -

I J
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Interesting posts!

Yea, I can agree w/ some of ya about perhaps changing some of the gear a little to help make the movie more authentic with it being set in the 1950's. Indy made changes to his outfit during the course of the 3 movies throughout his adventures, I think it will be interesting to see what and how he changes them for all these years. Just think, for those who have all of the Indygear already, here's a new opportunity to collect new things, lol!

Regards,
Captain D
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Just talked to Peter late last week and he has not yet been asked. :(
Marcus Brody
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Marcus Brody »

I'm pretty sure they're only going to change the cdoesn't usually reflect the style of clothing in his time in America. Generally, always wears his suit and fedora when not in Indy Gear, so his suit will probably ostume as they have done in all previous movies. Where Indy goes be more '50s than his gear. I'm also pretty sure that most of the audience wouldn't notice if they made the crown shorter.

Indy really needs to pack more heat. He'll probably end up going the akimbo-pistols route like most movies do nowadays, and with shoulder holsters. Not sure about that whip though, it never really made sense anyways.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

I just don't hope they have IJ in a white undershirt and rolled up jeans and slicked back hair (like the Fonz on Happy Days).
Band Director Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Deep in the heart of Texas!

Post by Band Director Jones »

Indiana Texas-girl wrote:I just don't hope they have IJ in a white undershirt and rolled up jeans and slicked back hair (like the Fonz on Happy Days).
I can see it now...Indy rides up on a "hog," walks into Marion's bar/drive-in diner wearing a black leather jacket, biker cap, and jeans, turns the jukebox on with his whip from 8 feet away, and instead of "Rock Around the Clock" out comes "Raider's March."

Now THAT'S an entrance!
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

Indiana Texas-girl wrote:I just don't hope they have IJ in a white undershirt and rolled up jeans and slicked back hair (like the Fonz on Happy Days).
I think we already have seen a preview of his hair style in his recent movies with sort of a crew cut, or something similar to the cuts seen in "Taken" that was on the Sci. Fi. Channel recently. I think this style will probably be a good look considering the character has also aged and the 50's.

Ah, wait, I get it now - you were joking. :idea: :lol:
Indiana Philip
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Philip »

geordie jones wrote:There is an old saying, if its not broke - dont fix it.
Or,
"If it aint broke, keep fixing it 'til it is broke."
Indiana Philip
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

I think Lucas should totally change every aspect of Indy that made him the icon he is today. No fedora, he should wear a baseball cap, a jean jacket instead of a leather one, and his bullwhip should be totally done away with.

Indy had better not be messed with. We Indyfans will prevent it. :twisted:
prettybigguy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by prettybigguy »

Okay, first of all let me apologize to jcharlesnolt for hijacking his thread :oops: and second, I'm not talking about a total make-over, just some updates to his clothes/equipment to reflect the era. C'mon, it's going to be Indy in the Atomic Age! :D
PBG
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I know that Flightsuits do make fine Indy jackets indeed, but regardless, I still hope that Peter and Wested Leather makes the jackets again for the upcoming Indy movie! :D

Regards,
Captain D
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

My money is on Lucasfilms records, most likely when they start pre-production they will go through thier records and be calling up the original suppliers from the previous films, Noel, Peter, and the gang to get things done. I would like to see Lee's fedoras make thier screen appearence, lol.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I sure hope Wested, DM, and NH are asked back to do the costumes. If not, then something MAY be a little off. Not quite right. I like to see consistency. It's just so much a part of the character. The gear clearly defines him. I would however like to see anther hat vendor tackle the fedora. I think Optimo would do a marvelous job since they can custom make all the hats which means the taller crown a-la Raiders again! HJ would just give us another TOD or LC block. :evil: In any case, why ruin a good thing. Hmmm?
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

100% ?

Post by Indiana Joe »

IndianaJames wrote:I totally agree, I can say with 100% certaintity [sic] Indy will be wearing....
Hmmm. Insider knowledge? :wink:
Indiana Cojones
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Cojones »

prettybigguy wrote:Okay, first of all let me apologize to jcharlesnolt for hijacking his thread :oops: and second, I'm not talking about a total make-over, just some updates to his clothes/equipment to reflect the era. C'mon, it's going to be Indy in the Atomic Age! :D
PBG
Heh, no worries on "hijacking" the thread. This is what discussions are all about. :)

Well, I doubt they'll change the look of Indy, 50s or no. Although I imagine we'll see some sort of scene in the movie where he "dusts off" his old gear in preparation for his last adventure. But it just wouldn't make sense for them to change Indy's look. His look defines him as much as anything else, and people worldwide would be horrified if that changed too much.

Regardless of what happens, things are going to be hopping at IndyGear, trying to get the scoop on all the new items that appear in the film. Gee, IndyGear should have some sort of contest on predictions for IJIV. Not plot, but gear details like "Will Indy be using a Mk VII bag?" and "What sort of gun will Indy be using?".
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

I think George should wake up and say, hey these Indy Gear guys REALLY know thier stuff, let's make them the costume designers!! :lol:
beaverlid
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re:

Post by beaverlid »

Bogie1943 wrote:I think George should wake up and say, hey these Indy Gear guys REALLY know thier stuff, let's make them the costume designers!! :lol:

In anticipation of Indy 5 I have been browsing the old forums leading up to Indy 4. I like that Bogie1943 actually guessed correctly as far as the Fedora was concerned. One of COW's very own got to create the most iconic piece of Dr Jones' gear, the fedora, for Indy 4. I am excited to see what surprises Indy 5 has in store for us.
Holt
Craftsman

Re: Indiana Jones IV Jackets

Post by Holt »

are you kidding me?

7 and a half year old thread.

let it rest.

sorry, locked!