Oh the Pain!!!!

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

Canasta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Oh the Pain!!!!

Post by Canasta »

Well, I've replied to posts before, but never felt the need to start one until now. (I couldn't afford therapy, so you guys are it.)
Here goes ...
Back in late December I receive a very suprise phone call from none other than Mike Murphy. I'm sure some of you received the same call, letting us know his new video whip maintenance video is now ready to ship. How nice I thought. It's been a while since we've talked. Perhaps tomorrow I'll give him a call, reconfirm my order, add a couple new falls, etc.
So I did.
"Ellow, Mike Murphy speakin'".
"Hey Mike, this is Chris. I got your call yesterday, Wow's it goin'"?
"Aye Chris ... It's goin' great mate. 'Ow 'bout you"? .....
Blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Now, let's jump ahead a bit. Let's say 70 minutes ahead.

... blah blah blah
"Well, I'd better let you go Mike, it's nearly 1:30 in the morning and I need to wrap it up. It's been great talking with you ...blah blah blah .... Click.

Now, let's jump ahead again to yesterday.

I'm just sitting, mindin' my own business, going through my mail when I come to the phone bill. I don't give it a second thought. I open it up and "HMMMMM. Something's gone terribly wrong here. Let me see..." (I'm now scanning my phone bill for suspicious calls to Venus or some place like that).
It's then I notice my long distance "International Call" heading.
It reads: AUSTRALIA — 72 min.....$230.00 (You Sucka!)
"HOLLY Sh#@t!!" I yell out.
"What's wrong" asks Laura, my wife
"Ahhh, nothing dear. Why do you ask?
"Well... You scared the children.

Now let's jump ahead again. Let's say ... 15 minutes.

By this time my wife is on to me and I am relocating to the dog house at high speed, only to be snarled at. (And it was one of those "don't even think abut it — you should have known better snarles". "How could you have been sooooo stupid snarles")

I was already a broken man and now with nowhere to sleep.

70 minutes ... $230.00 just kept going through my head like some misguided arrow. It was a pain that didn't seem to want to get better with time. And the crapper of it all is that the thing that kept going through my mind was "...@#$%, that could have bought me a whole new whip from Mike. Instead, I just got to TALK to him.

Now let's jump ahead one more time. ...To the future. "I'LL BE USING E-MAIL!
Either that or I'll buy a new whip and when Laura says "WHAT? YOU'VE BOUGHT ANOTHER WHIP!!??? I'll just say "Hey, with all this money I'm saving by using e-mail...".

Canasta
Indiana Philip
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Philip »

I feel your pain.
Indiana Philip
Sergei
Admin Emeritus
Location: Off the grid, in from the cold - Jack's Canyon ~1119

Post by Sergei »

Well that stings just about as bad as getting swiped by a bullwhip. And for that price, you could have bought one of Michael's whips. Crikey! :-)

-S
IndyPip
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyPip »

You know I absolutely hate it when you do something that leaves you feeling great (the phone call), only to find out something later that makes you feel so bad.

I really sympathise.
Canasta
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Canasta »

Hey thanks guys.
I've actually been able to move back into the house now.

I know Sergei. I could have. That's what really stinks. Almost as much as my spelling and typing ability.
When did holy become holly ... and more importantly, when did Holly become holy. ... never mind.

All the best!
Canasta
JAN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by JAN »

I dont´get it with these wifes (including my own)...

There are clothes, shoes, funiture and so on... that they can´t live without,
but anyway it seems to be very hard for them to understand OUR need towards Alden-boots, bullwhips, gasmask-bags and such.

But the understanding of women is a mystery, that will never be unwrappeled.

....They do have some other qualities thow.. :D

Best regards

JAN
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

More women like Marion are needed in this world. That way, there would be no problem if we wanted to travel halfway around the world just to pick up a strap for a gas mask bag. Oh well, nothing is perfect.