A New Jacket: That "Touch of Magic" of the Movies

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

ArizonaBones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

A New Jacket: That "Touch of Magic" of the Movies

Post by ArizonaBones »

Hi there! Just got my first Wested...never thought I'd say that! First off: no pics yet, my shirt isn't finished and I have no Indy pants.

Now to the point:
As some of you know, I am in seminary and money is a bit tight. A Wested, while being well priced as a custom jacket, is out of my range. One day, as a happy circumstance, I had just eBayed a massive amount of items from my collection of old toys. I had a spare chunk of change sitting that I would apply to a bill or something. Then I saw it:

A 40 R Wested in the Classifieds section. I asked the wife, and receiving the "nod of the Gods" LOL, I PM'ed and the jacket was mine! The best part about it: I had always been disappointed by my old A-2 Jacket, since being goatskin, it would take forever to distress and look decent. The kicker on this jacket (Indiana Croft's by the way)?

It was EIGHT YEARS OLD! :) Not only within my price range, but authentically distressed already! I get the box in the mail at long last and race to open it...I had measured the jacket against one that sort of fit me, and the Wested looked to be smaller. Would it fit right?

Like a glove! The sleeves come to the perfect point! Croft and I must be body doubles! LOL...I immediately put it on, slung my MK VII (my first, and I claimed only, Indy purchase) and grabbed my American Eagle Boots. Humming the theme song madly, I admired what seemed to be a short Harrison Ford with a new head in the mirror.

My wife passes by and with an offhand remark says "I knew you were obsessed!"

But well worth it at the end of the day- as sitting on my valet, I have the real Indiana Jones' jacket, bag and shoes! Like walking into the movies themselves...the reason I love Indy so much: I can touch it and take it with me. And that's something I can't say about many other movies...

A very, very pleased Indy fan! And someday, maybe I'll get the rest...:)
Rusty Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Raleigh, NC, Running from the Havitos (my (ex)girlfriends' parents)

Post by Rusty Jones »

Great story! Pics would be fine even without other indy gear... if you think you look like indy now just wait till you get your fedora (and you will :c) Best feeling in the world...