Another close enough shirt from Wally World

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Jim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Another close enough shirt from Wally World

Post by Jim »

I just saw in a Wal-Mart ad a "long-sleeved military-style shirt". It looks like it comes in khaki and stone (but in ads, color can be deceiving). It has epaulets, pleated flap pockets, and matching buttons. Unfortunately, the pocket flaps are shaped wrong. But, for $14.83, it still may be worth it.
Tycoonman
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Tycoonman »

Any pics?

Tycoonman
Jim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jim »

I went to Walmart.com and tried to locate the shirt, but it hasn't made it to the website yet. There is a store about a mile and a half from here, so I may see if they have them there. If so, I'll get one and take pictures.

In the meantime, you may want to keep checking the website. It's a "No Boundaries" brand, and its called a "long sleeved military style shirt".

:D
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

I have two already. My local walmart only had olive, gray, and brown. It's a soft, predistressed heavyish cotton, including mildly frayed edges at random. I'd like a khaki or stone color if I can get one. The style is very "adventurer" like, but the material and less generous cut might displease many trying to stay close to the Film look and feel. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.
Chewie
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

Someone please make that link shorter so we don't have to scroll two screen widths to read the posts.

Thanks.

Mike
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

inexpensive_jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by inexpensive_jones »

I went there and the shirts are brown, black, Navy and army green. Nowhere close to stone. Not even close to the picture in the flyer.
Chewbacca Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Chewbacca Jones »

The ad I received stated that colors would differ from store to store, so maybe when they hit the online store, the other colors will be available. Anyway, I took some pictures of the olive one, including me in it so the fit/cut can be seen.
Chewie

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelga ... /my_photos
Jim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jim »

Yes, Webhead, that Wal-Mart is about six miles away (I guess there really IS one on every corner).

I found the same link, finally. I guess I missed it the first time.

I'll stop at both Wal-Marts on my way home from work tomorrow and see if they have anything in khaki. Judging by the close-up of the ad picture, stone is not an option. And, when I clicked the "buy now" button, the page said the item is currently out of stock, so there was no choice of colors.
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

I hit WM last night, and they had the dark green and the khaki....BUT the shirts at the Canadian store were the same as those in the Texas flyer except it didn't have the epaulettes! (??) same shirt, same colours, same pockets, but no epaulettes! LAME!
Jim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jim »

No Epaulets??? That's odd... :-k

I dropped by both Wal-Marts in my area AND one in Waco (about an hour north), and they all had the same colors as the ad that was posted on-line. I know, I must really like Wally World, right? No. I only had to work about three hours today and part of that work carried me to Waco, about a block from the Wal-Mart, so I thought I'd make one last ditch effort to find stone. In the original ad I have here at home, the colors appear much lighter than they actually are, and the olive drab seemed more stonish.

I like the shirts, personally, and I'll probably buy a couple this weekend (Tax Free Weekend!!!! \:D/ ). They're not screen accurate, but the heavier material may make a better real world adventure shirt (I love the Old Navy shirt I've got, but I'm always worried about tearing the thin material). And they're cheaper than Cabelas. Screen accuracy isn't as important to me... I just like the safari shirt style, and anything in stone, khaki, or olive drab is good enough for me.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Here is one I just came across looking for other things:

http://www.travelsmith.com/ts/cookie.js ... tegory.jsp

Ken
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

You know somewhere there's a postal worker or customs agent in Ottawa with a garage full of epaulets!
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

yeah...after Bogarting the Journal for 6 weeks, he figured they'd be worth something to the right collector
Jim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jim »

Indiana Ken wrote:Here is one I just came across looking for other things:

http://www.travelsmith.com/ts/cookie.js ... tegory.jsp

Ken
Your link sputtered out about halfway thru, but I copied and pasted with no problem.

Those look like nice shirts, Ken, thanks for finding them. "Cotton canvas" sounds like a cool weather shirt to me.
bleyd
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by bleyd »

Snakewhip_Sable wrote:You know somewhere there's a postal worker or customs agent in Ottawa with a garage full of epaulets!
Rats! You guys found me out. :wink: