This is the first whip i ever made and I will make more

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

s10lamarr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

This is the first whip i ever made and I will make more

Post by s10lamarr »

here she is and its not that good but works fine. give me some time and ill post a little clip 4 every1. Image
Simon Martin
Vendor

Post by Simon Martin »

You've done a good job for your first go. Although it looks like you've had trouble with the turks head :) It brings back memories. Also you may be pulling one side of your plaiting tighter than the other because it is spiraling. Or it could be wider strands on one side than the other.

There's so many good whipmakers here that can help you out, so it's the best place to ask questions.

Kind Regards

Simon
s10lamarr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by s10lamarr »

simon i cant belive u repyed to this im so honered... i dont no what to say but thank you . and also simon martin is the best whip maker around! check him out you wont be dissatisfied.
Last edited by s10lamarr on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s10lamarr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by s10lamarr »

Opps my bad sorry about that simon
Last edited by s10lamarr on Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Simon Martin
Vendor

Post by Simon Martin »

Well thanks, but there are a lot of good whipmakers around. I guess it comes down to what each individual thinks. My whips may suit you, but not somebody else. All any of us whipmakers can do is aim to do the best job we can possibly do everytime we make a whip and hopefully learn something on everyone that we make. I'm 24 so I guess I've got a lot of learning left to do. :)
Also M....... could you please edit your last post. You posted my email address instead of my website and I would rather it wasn't there becase from what I've heard spammers can pick it up.
Also if you need some roo leather feel free to contact me as I have good supplies at the moment.

Kind Regards

Simon
Ps. I was honoured to be able to reply to your post :) Usually by the time I read the posts somebody has already replied.
racerx
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by racerx »

Hi s10lamarr,
nice job on your first whip, how long is it? 12 feet, looks like it would pac a loud bang.

Looking forward to the video clips.

All the best.

Jim J.
BullWhipBorton

Post by BullWhipBorton »

Looks good for a first bullwhip, your next one will be better.

Are you keeping the whip clamped in a vice while your plaiting? If not, that can also cause the plaiting to spiral around like that.

Dan
s10lamarr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by s10lamarr »

well heres a clip its not really good but till i get a better cam i will make a more detailed one. And also to jims Q. its 14 ft. http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l162/ ... ure043.flv
racerx
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by racerx »

Thanks s10lamarr , cool clip, them long whips sure do produce one heck of a workout don't they.

The longest whip I ever had was a 12 footer, just a four plaiter , but man! was it loud and talk about cutting targets, if you can do a target cutting crack, try and apple, :D , really fun.

ATB

Jim J.
s10lamarr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by s10lamarr »

Hi there jim yes they do give a good work out and also if the clip was better you would notice that im sweating badly and thats why i didnt get any over head cracks in their i was so tired and worn out i felt like i was in a 26 round title fight if there ever was 1, meaning i bearly had the strength to keep the whip secure in my hands. And the bang is alot louder in the real. :whip:
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

S10, I don't know a lot about whips, but it looks like you've done a pretty good job with that one :clap:
s10lamarr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by s10lamarr »

This is somthing i made so my cracker/popper string has a home i thought you guys might get a kick out of it. Image Image