Indy shoulder holster???

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Indy shoulder holster???

Post by TCS »

I realize that Indy didn't carry one in the movies, but I am looking for a shoulder holster for my 1917 S&W. I would like something from that time period to wear under my Wested. I am open for suggestions. Thanks.
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

Galco makes some of the best shoulder holsters today. For a 1917, you will definitely want a verticle holster.
TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Indy shoulder holster???

Post by TCS »

Thanks! I am familar with the western, fast draw, and police holsters they make. What I am looking for is a WWI or early WWII rig. Do you think they make these?
MK
Admin Emeritus

Post by MK »

You said WWI or WWII. I am assuming that that you mean a civilian holster from that era. I don't recall any military shoulder holsters from that time.

Actually, I just looked and Galco doesn't make that style anymore. Here is the type you are talking about:

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/con_shoulder.html

Model X-15
Magnum
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Magnum »

According to what I have seen and heard, the only shoulder holsters that were around during WWII were the original tanker M-3 shoulder holsters. Airborne soldiers and essentially anyone else that could get their hands on them would use them, but they started out as tanker's holsters, since in a tank, a gun was not easily drawn from the hip.

Here's a good place to buy an exact replica of the original holster. It is all the way at the bottom of the page.

http://www.bulmangunleather.com/shoulderholster.html

This holster was mainly used for the M1911, but a lot of people carried the Army issued M1917 in them as well. Hope this helps in your search
skywlkr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by skywlkr »

Rick O'Connell, The Mummy and The Mummy Returns, and John Roxton, Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World TV show, both wear a double holstered shoulder rig for their Webleys. Looks fairly authentic since both take place in the 1920's.
TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Shoulder Holster

Post by TCS »

Thanks for the help. The Galco isn't exactly what I'm looking for and I can't find anyone who makes an M3 to fit the S&W. So, does anyone know who made the holsters for the Mummy movies? This is really the style of holster that I am after anyway. Thanks again.
skywlkr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by skywlkr »

I don't have any idea who made the holsters for the Mummy movies. I just recently watched them again and remember thinking that it would be cool to have holsters like that