"official" Fedora

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

batfan76
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

"official" Fedora

Post by batfan76 »

The current "official" hat...is that the Disney one? Is there only one company making the licensed "official" hat?
batfan76
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

"Official" fedora

Post by batfan76 »

Made of wool?

Can you shape wool with cold water if you air-dry?
Luisiana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luisiana Jones »

The official hats are made by Dorfman Pacific, including the Disney one. And no wool cannot be shaped imo, though there are much more ppl more prepared than me to inform u here. :wink:
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Trust me, don't go for the dorfman. Save up for something of higher quality. I don't mean an Adventurebilt, necessarily, but an Akubra Federation at least. :junior: -IJ
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

The wool can be shaped but it looks horrible and it's a hard process to do. My advice, don't get the Disney one. If money is an object get the Federation from Hats Direct
http://www.hatsdirect.com/hat-info/federation.html
eaglecrow
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by eaglecrow »

The German company Mayser does also make licensed Indiana ones hats, but they look terrible:

whiskyman
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by whiskyman »

Nice morgan though! :wink:
The real Henry
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The real Henry »

@BreinederIndy: Did you realy have to show us this pic? Two long years of trying to forget that I bought a wool Mayser for two times, because I lost one AND NOW THIS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :wink:
batfan76
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by batfan76 »

thought you weren't looking for anything that said "Indiana Jones" or had any official logo on the fedora and that you orderded an Akubra. You change your mind?
Nah. I got the Federation, and I'm pretty happy with it. Though, I must say that now I'm eying other hats to buy next. I'm sure my wife's a little wary that I might start collecting hats, also.

I just wanted a beater, one that I didn't care about, and since they're so #### cheap and are in brown (since mine's a dark gray), I figured I didn't have much to lose with one.

Are they THAT bad? I mean, I'm sure they're not accurate and the craftsmanship is nothing compared to the Feds, HJs, etc., but they seem to look alright for a cheap fedora with a wider brim...

That German one looks atrocious. I wouldn't take that for free in a thunderstorm.

BTW, I appreciate the concern that some have shown (really). I think a lot of people thought that I was getting the Dorfman in lieu of a "real" hat. Not true. Just, it's gonna be a while before I can send in my payment to Steve fer a custom Adventurebilt.
Wrightknife
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Wrightknife »

I agree with Tone, it is hard to beat the Akubra for the money. Or you could always use your gray Akubra as the beater and buy an Adventurebilt as your "nice" one. :wink:
batfan76
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by batfan76 »

I'm gonna take your advice...
I'll get it if I can for less than $25 shipped, just to compare (same reason why I've got the Kenner, LJN, and Disney figures).