another Adventurebilt Deluxe just arrived (other pics)

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

VP wrote:That's what they always say.
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
This time you made me laugh a lot VP...you can mark this day on the calendary, mate.
:lol:

I must have got the Nick Lang's virus when I received his hat :? I must do an epidemiologic inspection in the box where the hat was stored :P
Dutch_jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Dutch_jones »

Erri my friend that is ONE find looking hat :D congrats man !
prairiejones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: In the damp jungles of Peru, drinking Dewar's with Pagey.

Post by prairiejones »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awesome bashing, Erri.
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

:shock:
Awesome bashing, Erri
BOY I've gotta agree on that one, now that I can see the pictures!!! Awesome indeed Errico! Ok Gents, this is a reg. oval hat on a long oval noggin' with a deeeep crease in the back. And THAT does it IMHO!

I have a long oval noggin' myself and extra had a long oval block made in my size, but you can be sure, that I'll make a reg. oval for myself next time!!! I absolutely love how you creased that hat and how it looks when worn Errico. You did a great job.

High regards,

Marc
eaglecrow
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by eaglecrow »

erri_wan wrote:
BreinederIndy wrote:Hey erri,

your hat looks excellent after the reblock, can't wait to get mine back from Marc :)
Well ehm... it's a new hat, not reblocked :wink:

The other one is still in the wardrobe wanting to be reblocked :P
:oops: :oops: :oops:

"It tells me that geese marching idiots should read threads instead of posting imidiatly" :roll: :wink:

anyway, great hat :lol:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

:lol: :lol: :lol: guys you're funny and thanks. It's the first time I shape an open crown and I'm very happy with the results. I followed Pagey's tutorial :wink:

I took some pictures today, I'm going to post them soon

:post: they don't give enough justice to the hat but it's ok... :wink:

Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

erri_wan wrote:Image
Dang, erri. There for a minute I thought someone had buried you up to your armpits in the sand, with your Wested on. :shock: I was headin' that way to try to save you before the fire ants got to 'ya. #-o

I was also tryin' to get there before bink. He would just walk up and think...umm, I can't get to his wallet with him like this. Then bink would say, "well, erri. You won't be needin' this AB Deluxe anymore, see 'ya!"
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Excellent hat Erri!!! :clap:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Thanks guys :D

It looks a bit like the beginnig of Raiders when Indy come out of the shadow 8)
I took them at the Cascine Park where I think was shoot one of the young indiana jones chronicles episodes set in Florence.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Bufflehead Jones wrote: Dang, erri. There for a minute I thought someone had buried you up to your armpits in the sand, with your Wested on. :shock: I was headin' that way to try to save you before the fire ants got to 'ya. #-o

I was also tryin' to get there before bink. He would just walk up and think...umm, I can't get to his wallet with him like this. Then bink would say, "well, erri. You won't be needin' this AB Deluxe anymore, see 'ya!"
Tell you what, Buff, I'll let you look at "my" new hat. :wink:

That really is one sweet looking fedora. Marc, you've produced a masterpiece, indeed. erri, can you look any happier with that hat on? :wink:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Yeah very happy... new pics from today

Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

Great scenic pics! Thanks. Fedora
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Fedora wrote:Great scenic pics! Thanks. Fedora
The first one looks photoshopped but it's not :lol:

Thank you Steve :D
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

That is one BEAUTIFUL hat! all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Gorak wrote:That is one BEAUTIFUL hat! all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!
Hi Gorak, maybe we didn't have the pleasure of meeting. Nice to meet you and thanks for the compliment :D
Gorak
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Gorak »

That is one BEAUTIFUL hat...all I can say is WOW! and you definitely wear it well. Congrats....
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Gorak wrote:That is one BEAUTIFUL hat...all I can say is WOW! and you definitely wear it well. Congrats....
Thanks pal... at least no one will accuse me of wearing it ridiculously high :roll: :lol: :wink:
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Erri, where are those pics from? Beautiful scenery. I'm guessing you're somwhere in Italy.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Indiana Texas-girl wrote:Erri, where are those pics from? Beautiful scenery. I'm guessing you're somwhere in Italy.
Somewhere yes... my city :D Florence :wink:
Thanks ITG :D
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

erri, I don't know if I hate you more for the great hat you just got or where you live. :D
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

Somewhere yes... my city Florence

Ah,..........Veni..........er, ah Florence. :D
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

erri's not Italian? I thought he was. So erri what country are you originally from?
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

I think Tone was joking. I'm pretty sure Erri is Italian. Beautiful hat, Erri, you definitely wear it well! :junior: -IJ
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Indiana Texas-girl wrote:erri's not Italian? I thought he was. So erri what country are you originally from?
:lol: :lol: Tony was joking, I'm totally Italian :lol: , you guys crack me up... I have new pics incoming for you from a more beautiful place... countryside of Siena :wink:

:post:

friend of mine on the right / aikido masters (my dad with them) practicing on the far left

Please no comments on the trousers, I already know they are a size bigger :lol: I'm going to buy another fitting pair soon :wink:
and yes I need a belt with whipholder :P
Last edited by Erri on Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Great pics my friend! I wouldn't worry about the pants they look fine. :)
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

J_Weaver wrote:Great pics my friend! I wouldn't worry about the pants they look fine. :)
30" will look better, trust me ! :lol:
:wink:
Indiana_Tone wrote::shock: Prego. Io sono tone. :whip: :lol:

Man, Erri, I'm starting to think there are no bad areas over there! It's like an eternal vacation! The gear looks good and you can really see how rich the color on that fedora is in these pics! :tup:
:lol: :lol: I wish there are no bad areas... I just take pictures in the right places :P

Have you noticed the colour of my wested shirt? :O Sometimes khaki sometimes... STONE!!! :lol: people you can have a sample of colour-filters so beloved by Spielberg :wink:
The real Henry
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The real Henry »

Nice pics Erri! You really got a great hat and I think you know that!?(a dump question I know!) :wink:

And about the pants I think they're right because Indy's were a bit wider, too.
BUT maybe you should try to wear them a bit lower(or maybe looser), because in those pics it looks like you'd wear them around the bellybutton! :wink:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

If I wear them any lower they'll make a big loose crotch :? I really need a smaller size :P
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

BUT maybe you should try to wear them a bit lower(or maybe looser), because in those pics it looks like you'd wear them around the bellybutton!

But guys, any real Indy from that era would have worn his pants higher up than is currently in vogue. Look at pics from that era. :wink: I can personally recall when (I was but a small boy), men wore trousers higher. Call me off fashioned, but I still like that look, although nowadays it looks out of place. But heck, so do fedoras!!! :lol: For some reason, the mental image of Indy wearing them with the straddle down to the knees, with his boxers showing makes me want to puke, and in a projectile fashion. (I know this is not what you meant by the too high remark, but I am trying to be funny here) And of course, Indy could have never outrun the Hovitos if he were a young man being chased today. :lol: Those drooping trousers become shackles. I was therefore quite gratified when our local schools considered(tongue in cheek only, I assume) to require the sagging pants guys to be required to wear large suspenders if they insisted on wearing the shackle britches to school. They would have gone from completely cool to completely Urckle-esque. (may have misspelled this characters name) :lol: Fedora
Indy_Railok
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Railok »

Great pics, Erri! Just wait until the circle is complete... :wink:
Fedora wrote: They would have gone from completely cool to completely Urckle-esque. (may have misspelled this characters name)
:lol: It's Urkle. Man, I miss Urkle... :( :wink:
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Haha, you speak the truth Steve! :lol: I don't understand the shackle britches either. But as a dumb old country boy I guess I wouldn't. :wink: :lol:
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

That hat is soooo hawt. Especially the shot on the dashboard, and the most recent ones. Boy! Great lookin' lid ya got there! Can't wait til my new AB shows up!
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

LOL Steve, I know in that era they used to wear them high (I've seen that from The Twilight Zone series :lol: ) but I go for screen accuracy :P
Strider wrote:That hat is soooo hawt. Especially the shot on the dashboard, and the most recent ones. Boy! Great lookin' lid ya got there! Can't wait til my new AB shows up!
I love dashboards shots :lol: :P thanks Strider, I hope you will receive your new AB soon :D
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Erri, darling. Sorry that I am late. :oops:

Firstly, let me congratulate you on a beautiful looking lid. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love the photos! Don't worry about the trousers. They look fine. In fact, you look fantastic in all of the gear. :P :wink: :oops:
The real Henry
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The real Henry »

Fedora wrote:
BUT maybe you should try to wear them a bit lower(or maybe looser), because in those pics it looks like you'd wear them around the bellybutton!

But guys, any real Indy from that era would have worn his pants higher up than is currently in vogue. Look at pics from that era. :wink: I can personally recall when (I was but a small boy), men wore trousers higher. Call me off fashioned, but I still like that look, although nowadays it looks out of place. But heck, so do fedoras!!! :lol: For some reason, the mental image of Indy wearing them with the straddle down to the knees, with his boxers showing makes me want to puke, and in a projectile fashion. (I know this is not what you meant by the too high remark, but I am trying to be funny here) And of course, Indy could have never outrun the Hovitos if he were a young man being chased today. :lol: Those drooping trousers become shackles. I was therefore quite gratified when our local schools considered(tongue in cheek only, I assume) to require the sagging pants guys to be required to wear large suspenders if they insisted on wearing the shackle britches to school. They would have gone from completely cool to completely Urckle-esque. (may have misspelled this characters name) :lol: Fedora
You're right men really wore there pants higher, BUT they were cut different(which means higher), too! And I like THAT look. I sometimes wonder how the Indy would look with suspenders or maybe a waistcoat for colder days. :-k :roll:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Canyon wrote:Erri, darling. Sorry that I am late. :oops:

Firstly, let me congratulate you on a beautiful looking lid. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Don't worry Canyon :wink: Thanks for the compliments :D
The real Henry wrote: You're right men really wore there pants higher, BUT they were cut different(which means higher), too! And I like THAT look. I sometimes wonder how the Indy would look with suspenders or maybe a waistcoat for colder days. :-k :roll:
I believe Harrison Ford would look good also in a Goofy costume :lol:
3thoubucks
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by 3thoubucks »

Very nice hat Erri. :lol: Compliments to Marc for getting a better side profile.
Last edited by 3thoubucks on Sun May 28, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

3thoubucks wrote:Very nice hat Erri. Compliments to Marc for getting a better side profile.
Thanks 3thobucks, you're compliments are very much appreciated
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

Man, I sure hope there's going to be at least one of these hats at the next QM. I'd really like to handle one, and see it in person. I'd get one myself, but ya know ... 400 USD is a little out of my price range right now :shock:. Still a very good deal for the quality of this hat, though.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Well we cannot say it's a cheap hat :lol: that's true and just after I bought it I wondered if it was a wise choice but when it arrived and I saw and touched it, I didn't regret the money spent.

Anyone has seen the lining already? It's gorgeous
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Here a picture I took yesterday near a recent pic posted by Steve.

A little update, this hat is wonderful every day more! It's starting to get it's own marks and "customizations" :P
For example I already got a whip-mark on a side :lol: which by chance looks so similar to the marks made for the cairo scene by sitting on the hat!
Marc
Vendor

Post by Marc »

Ahhh, but you're missing a small detail here Errico... I think she's in Scotland, right? :wink:

Regards,

Marc
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Marc wrote:Ahhh, but you're missing a small detail here Errico... I think she's in Scotland, right? :wink:

Regards,

Marc
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yes the missed "detail" is at home right now :lol:
:wink:
marco polo
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by marco polo »

Great looking fedora Erri ! Thanks for the pics!
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

marco polo wrote:Great looking fedora Erri ! Thanks for the pics!
and thank you for the compliment :D :wink:
Antone
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Antone »

I must add my compliments on possibly the most perfect Raiders look I have seen in any hat since the original. Excellent job on the bash!
Marc wrote: Ok Gents, this is a reg. oval hat on a long oval noggin' with a deeeep crease in the back. And THAT does it IMHO!

I have a long oval noggin' myself and extra had a long oval block made in my size, but you can be sure, that I'll make a reg. oval for myself next time!!!
I'd say this confirms that Steve and Marc did have the correct block shape of late; the only thing missing was the long oval head in a regular oval hat. I think this is the last major key element to getting the Raiders look we've wanted all along...it gives the hat reverse taper in back and when seen from the front, the deep center crease is possible, and the accentuation of the brim swoop all happen more naturally.

Proper block shape + turn + long oval head in reg. oval hat = Perfect Raiders Hat!

So does this mean you guys might start using round oval blocks for us regular oval folks who want the perfect Raiders look? [-o< :wink:

Antone
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Antone wrote:
Proper block shape + turn + long oval head in reg. oval hat = Perfect Raiders Hat!
Exactly! That all the secret around the Raiders hat is about! That's something belonging to a sticky topic my friend!
Indiana_Tone wrote:Erri, you've had my hat long enough, please return it, priority mail as soon as possible! :lol: :lol:

It looks better with every new pic! :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks pal :D