Magnoli Clothiers... Boots!?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Mola Ram wrote:yea, it looks like the shoes in the picture have a genuine moc toe,
while the aldens have a false one.
Adam
what's a moc toe? #-o
cokewithvanilla
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by cokewithvanilla »

what's a moc toe?
I think it's some kind of animal.... :?
SkyChief
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by SkyChief »

Mola Ram wrote:The color looks the same as my new pair.....
Mola Ram's Aldens
Magnoli's Boots

Hmm...maybe I should check my monitor's color settings... :wink:
Indy Magnoli wrote:As for the shape of the toe, I think the sole may give it that squared off look...
I'm thinkin' you're right. The toe itself looks fine. I think the sole was just cut slightly more squared.
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

well,
the color looked the same just glancing back at them :lol:
behind me
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Mola Ram i can't see your shoe's pictures... is it just me?
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

The moc toe stitching is "fake" as apposed to the Decker Crew boots which have functional stitiching on the toe to hold two different pieces of leather together.

I've just added these boots to my site:

https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indyprop ... ucts_id=54

You can view the various colour swatches and options there. The color of the boots I had made was "saddle".

Kind regards,
Indy
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I believe you meant Siena instead of Sienna :wink:
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Great looking boots with a great selection of colors to choose from. Nothing like being able to customize your "Indy Look". These boots and the AB hat have got to be at the top of "must haves" for any Indy gear collector.

Which color would be the most "screen accurate"?
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Personally I think "saddle" is the best color; it's the best "medium brown" color. "Sienna" will give you that slightly lighter orange hue of some Aldens.

Kind regards,
Indy
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

erri_wan wrote:I believe you meant Siena instead of Sienna :wink:
Never trust an Italian... ;)

Kind regards,
Indy
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Indy Magnoli wrote:
erri_wan wrote:I believe you meant Siena instead of Sienna :wink:
Never trust an Italian... ;)

Kind regards,
Indy
:tup:

:lol: :lol: well the color is called Terra di Siena (it's a very peculiar red) because it's originated in Siena, Italy. Why you english speaking people always add some exceeding letter when it's no needed (and cut off the needed ones)? :lol:
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

Isn't 275$ the same price as Aldens? That's what was paid for mine, anyway.
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

i paid 290 for mine, and in the end they came out to 320$
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

Hmm. I think mine came out to like, 280 or 290 after shipping. In my case, buying the real mccoy was just slightly more expensive.
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

They are 290$ direct from alden now.
The price has gone up in the past few months,
It actually went up to 290$ from 275$ a day before i ordered
mine :?
Adam
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

I'm not intending these to be a cheaper alternative to the Aldens, but something with more options for those who want different shades of brown, modifications to the toe stitching, etc.

But it doesn't hurt that they're a few bucks cheaper. ;)

Kind regards,
Magnoli
SkyChief
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by SkyChief »

Mola Ram wrote:They are 290$ direct from alden now.
The price has gone up in the past few months,
It actually went up to 290$ from 275$ a day before i ordered
mine :?
I feel your pain, Mola Ram. But if it's any consellation, I'm sure they'll go up even more before the year's through. Pretty soon you can say, "Hey I'm glad I got mine for $290," rather than having to pay $300, $325, or whatever the next price hike will bring them to.
Indy Magnoli wrote:I'm not intending these to be a cheaper alternative to the Aldens, but something with more options for those who want different shades of brown, modifications to the toe stitching, etc.
Options = Good. Now about that Elsa replica you're building for me... :wink:
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

SkyChief wrote:Options = Good. Now about that Elsa replica you're building for me... :wink:
Gosh...you'd consider modifying Elsa? Nope, I'm going to be a stickler on this point - screen accurate for me! ;) (Except that she'd have green skin. But other than that, screen accurate.)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Indiana Jerry wrote:
SkyChief wrote:Options = Good. Now about that Elsa replica you're building for me... :wink:
Gosh...you'd consider modifying Elsa? Nope, I'm going to be a stickler on this point - screen accurate for me! ;) (Except that she'd have green skin. But other than that, screen accurate.)
Huh? An Orion Slave Elsa? :-s
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

The standard shank in these boots will be steel. If you need this removed or altered, this can be a custom option. Likewise if you need extra support for ankles, etc this can be accomodated.

We can use various soles more apporpriate for hiking if you're interested. This won't increase the cost at all.

As for larger sizes, there will be an extra fee for this unfortunately. This will be an additional $65.

Kind regards,
Indy
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Indy Magnoli wrote: As for larger sizes, there will be an extra fee for this unfortunately. This will be an additional $65.
Larger than which size?
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

erri_wan wrote:
Indy Magnoli wrote: As for larger sizes, there will be an extra fee for this unfortunately. This will be an additional $65.
Larger than which size?
That quote was given based on a size 15.

Kind regards,
Indy
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

WOW someone has more than 15?
randystokes
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by randystokes »

I think my 15-year-old son is almost to a size 15. He's 6'3" and refuses to stop growing.

Randy
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

As mentioned in another thread, here are the work boot soles that my cobbler has "in stock":

Obviously, these are some heavy-duty treads for the serious non-slipper. :roll: I'm going to look into more treaded options for these boots if there is interest. :?:

The soles I've got on them now seem very slip resistent, but I haven't run around on snow nor ice yet. :-k ;)

Kind regards,
Magnoli
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

I'll be running a 20% off sale on my adventure boots for one week only. That brings the price down to $220 (shipping included):

https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indyprop ... ucts_id=54

Kind regards,
Magnoli
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

That's quite a deal! I might have got some if I didn't buy some slightly used Aldens recently. Not everyday you can get a custom fit Indy boot!
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Yeah, I'm thinking about going for that deal also. I just have one question: On your foot measurement section, it asks that I trace an outline of my foot and send it to you, but I don't have a scanner. What should I do then? :junior: -IJ
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Can you take a digital photo of the drawing straight on? It doesn't need to be a great quality; it just needs to clearly show the outline of your foot with a ruler (an actual ruler, or drawn onto the paper, it doesn't matter) for scale.

Kind regards,
Indy
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

Uh, I can try, it might take a while though, as we don't have a digital camera, so I'd have to take the film to the developers and ask them to put it onto a CD. :junior: -IJ
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Or... you could simply snail mail me the drawing. :) Go ahead and send me a PM and I'll give you my mailing address.

Kind regards,
Indy
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

ok, I'll be sure to do that if and when I decide to go for them (I've still got to convince my parents). Hopefully, you'll be hearing from me within a week. Thanks for all your help Indy. :junior: -IJ
Mojave Jack
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mojave Jack »

randystokes wrote:Maybe I should hurry up and post pictures of our joint project -- the Grail Diary Planner!
Indeed you should! Are these going to be available soon?! [-o< That sounds really cool!
MARQ
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by MARQ »

I gather those boots are "made-for-you", but Magnoli, if someone wants height on his boots, can it be done or is it standard?
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Yes, as these are bespoke boots, they can be modified any way you like. If you want them considerably taller there will be an extra fee, but for a little extra height, it shouldn't cost any more. Feel free to e-mail or PM me to discuss details.

Kind regards,
Indy
DocWeeks
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Does anyone read subject lines? I don't.

Post by DocWeeks »

Got my pair yesterday. And I've gotta say, they are really nice. I was nervous about ordering footwear online, since usually it is hard for me to get the appropriate size, but true to his word, these fit perfectly and are very comfortable. To give them a quick test, I took them on a quick jog, and they felt great, and held up well. I also don't have the tongue problem my old aldens had. They are much lighter too, and living in Arkansas, sometimes the temperatures can get... well... hot as ####. But I think these will become my permanent boot. The final test will be dragging myself behind a truck, then we'll really see. :lol:
I'm wearing them now, actually.

Now, I only have one problem... I need to lose some weight before I order anything else. But I already have my eye on that Marshall 3-Piece. :D

-Nic W.
Luisiana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luisiana Jones »

Dunno if they are an alternate to aldens, or cheaper, but they look awesome Magnoli.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Does anyone read subject lines? I don't.

Post by Kt Templar »

DocWeeks wrote:Got my pair yesterday. And I've gotta say, they are really nice. I was nervous about ordering footwear online, since usually it is hard for me to get the appropriate size, but true to his word, these fit perfectly and are very comfortable. To give them a quick test, I took them on a quick jog, and they felt great, and held up well. I also don't have the tongue problem my old aldens had. They are much lighter too, and living in Arkansas, sometimes the temperatures can get... well... hot as ####. But I think these will become my permanent boot. The final test will be dragging myself behind a truck, then we'll really see. :lol:
I'm wearing them now, actually.

Now, I only have one problem... I need to lose some weight before I order anything else. But I already have my eye on that Marshall 3-Piece. :D

-Nic W.
Ahem, ;0. On feet please? :).
DocWeeks
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by DocWeeks »

I'll try to take some pics sunday. Sorry bout that.
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Take your time. Its just kind of a standing joke around here. :)

Congrats on your purchase! :D
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Luisiana Jones wrote:Dunno if they are an alternate to aldens, or cheaper, but they look awesome Magnoli.
What do you mean you don't know if they are an alternate to Aldens sorry? :?
Luisiana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luisiana Jones »

its just an expression :lol:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Oh sorry I thought you bought them and posted tha t comment #-o so I was confused :lol: sorry pal :wink:
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Here are a pair of boots I made for someone in mahogany leather:

Kind regards,
Magnoli
Dwighty0815
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dwighty0815 »

I have to admit: They look fantastic!

Guess, there is no further 20% off sale?!
(well, I had to give it a try.... :wink: )

Greetings
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Heck, I'm still awaiting my free test pair to try out here in Tennessee. (nudge nudge...hint hint....beg beg.... [-o< )

Dang, I HATE it when Indy gives me that dirty look....not like he's never done it to me before...:-s :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana_JoJo
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Indiana_JoJo »

I believe I am the someone who purchased these mahogany boots, and I'll make sure I get some pictures up once I have them in hand, er, on foot.
Dwighty0815
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Dwighty0815 »

It's going to be nice to see somebody IN these boots eventually. Sorry, it's just that I've seen three people say "These boots are great!" and I'm still wondering what they look like on.
You're absolutely right! And to solve this problem and to do a benefit to all gearheads I would hand over my highly recommended feet for an "Adventureboots-Photosession", if Magnoli is sending me a pair for that reason! :lol:

No serious: I really think, they are the best Alden substitutes, you can find, and I also think, that Magnoli's gonna sell them for a reasonable price (comparing to the service including).

But its right the best adjudgement would be of a person, who directly could compare Aldens to the Adventure Boots and could test their durability! (From all I've heard Aldens are not very durable and rugged and could have to get fixed within half a year of wearing).

So is there anywhere someone, who calls himself lucky owner of Aldens and Adventure-boots and might help us??
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Dwighty0815 wrote:(From all I've heard Aldens are not very durable and rugged and could have to get fixed within half a year of wearing).
I'd have to whole heartedly disagree with that statement due to personal experience with my Aldens. I've had them for a couple years now and have worn them in various climates and weather conditions. With rare exception, my Aldens are the shoes I wear almost every single day. The only repair they've had was to replace the heels once due to wear. Apart from that, the occasional new set of laces and a polish and they look great. My Aldens have outlived any other shoe I've ever owned and they show no sign of falling apart any time soon.

That said, I'm very interested in seeing how Magnoli's boots compare, especially since they are custom made to your feet. The pictures look great and it's nice to see them offered in different colors and the like. To make a fair comparrison of the Aldens vs. the Magnoli boots, should the Magnoli pair used for this test also include the steel shank? One of the reasons my Aldens still offer great foot support is because of that shank. Would it also make sense to compare shoes of a similar leather?

I guess it comes down to what criteria we want to use to compare the two sets of shoes. As far as looks go, Magnoli's boots are spot on. If that's all that matters, then it's an excellent close enough! :wink: If we're talking foot support, then I'd still be interested in how they compare without the steel shank. I'm sure they're lighter than Aldens, which seems a welcome thing for many. I guess my biggest concern for me personally is spending a considerable amount of money on a shoe I can't try on beforehand that may or may not fit my foot needs. I'm not harping on Magnoli's product, it's just that even recently I had a difficult time finding walking/light hiking shoes that fit me right for an upcoming vacation. I just wish my feet weren't so darn picky!

Trust me, Magnoli, if I had the cash, I'd gladly do the test. I like the thought of having custom shoes made for my finicky feet!
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

binkmeisterRick wrote:
Dwighty0815 wrote:(From all I've heard Aldens are not very durable and rugged and could have to get fixed within half a year of wearing).
I'd have to whole heartedly disagree with that statement due to personal experience with my Aldens. I've had them for a couple years now and have worn them in various climates and weather conditions. With rare exception, my Aldens are the shoes I wear almost every single day. The only repair they've had was to replace the heels once due to wear. Apart from that, the occasional new set of laces and a polish and they look great. My Aldens have outlived any other shoe I've ever owned and they show no sign of falling apart any time soon.
Same here. The Aldens are amongst the best boots I've ever owned or seen. I've had mine a year now and have been wearing them almost daily for 9 months. They could stand to be rehealed, but they are just as solid as the day I bought them. I see no reason that shouldn't last for year to come.

I am also eagerly awaiting a report on Magnoli's boots. I sure that they will be of comparable quality!